• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

GulAtiCa

Yea, even if people gave you the rings, the grind is still a threat

Yeah... I was hoping it would allow me. As my 2nd option was for me to create a new low char, and just get 30 Proofs that way. And then get the 2 items and just drop them into my main character (via dropping with a friend and then said friend dropping them with me).

Part of me wishes I was still low character, but already nearly 90 hours into the game. Don't want to restart everything. I think I'll grind for another night or 2, and then respec and come back to this later.

----

I think we should start some GAF help lines to help us get these Proofs. Like have someone use a Dried Finger item in an area where they can be invaded, and others on GAF stay in that area waiting to be summoned.

Deku Tree

Is there any good explanation of how upgrading weapons with gems works online somewhere?

If you use one gem to upgrade and then further upgrade with a different type of gem does it negate the first gem upgrade that you did?

Can you upgrade a weapon with the same type of gem more than once?

Is there any good explanation of how upgrading weapons with gems works online somewhere?

If you use one gem to upgrade and then further upgrade with a different type of gem does it negate the first gem upgrade that you did?

Can you upgrade a weapon with the same type of gem more than once?

Here's a link on how upgrades work.
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Upgrades

In regards to gem infusions, they do not stack. A weapon can only have one infusion, if for example you use a Crystal Gem on a Lightning infused weapon, it will lose lightning and switch to magic damage.

LiK

You sure? I'm pretty sure I was rank 1 in certain covenants in NG+ and the rank was the same in NG++

unless they patched it in, other people here mentioned it doesn't. they turned some items in during NG and had to start over in NG+, iirc. correct me if i'm wrong.

Vena

Oh good. Performance for the game is back to normal now, no longer is the Dragonslayer fight a microfreeze slideshow. How did they ever launch the last patch? I know FROM are terrible at game optimization and run-time but god damn was that bad. Did they not test the patch?

Ranks don't carry over.

Thanks for the heads up! Saved me from starting NG+ and losing the 13 ears I have already given to Yorshka.

Is anyone available for letting me borrow the gold serpent ring +2? Just want to speed this up a bit more. I'm on PS4, NA, CST

Arjen

unless they patched it in, other people here mentioned it doesn't. they turned some items in during NG and had to start over in NG+, iirc. correct me if i'm wrong.
I got the covenant award for rank 1 mound makes in NG or NG+, and got the second reward in NG++ and I turned in 30 shackles total.
But maybe I'm misrembering, all the playtroughs are starting to blend together.

Chibot

I got the covenant award for rank 1 mound makes in NG or NG+, and got the second reward in NG++ and I turned in 30 shackles total.
But maybe I'm misrembering, all the playtroughs are starting to blend together.

You're not misremembering. I turned in 10 during NG and the next 20 in NG+ just yesterday.

Deku Tree

How are you supposed to beat those dudes that keep jumping on your head in Farron Keep?

I have found it pretty hard to beat them with my melee build. Every time I get close to them they jump on my head with their grab move and take half of my health before letting go. Even if you dodge their first grab move and attack them they have a second dodge jump high in the air move with a second grab...

I even tried ranged attacks with my bow but that doesn't work because they move too fast.

How are you supposed to beat those dudes that keep jumping on your head in Farron Keep?

I have found it pretty hard to beat them with my melee build. Every time I get close to them they jump on my head with their grab move and take half of my health before letting go. Even if you dodge their first grab move and attack them they have a second dodge jump high in the air move with a second grab...

I even tried ranged attacks with my bow but that doesn't work because they move too fast.

They always jump after 1 or 2 attacks. Just don't get greedy and roll mid-jump.

As for bow, use compositive or shortbow since they have rolling attacks, which are amazing.

GulAtiCa

They need to enable the invasions when you killed the boss. This is so stupid!

Ditto. Why they ever undid this awesome thing from Dark Souls 2 is beyond me...

Heck, that was generally why Dark Souls 2 has fewer gank parties, as the host would obviously be unable to summon in a previous area anymore (besides Blues)

Thanks to those who recommended using a red soapstone to get pale tongues instead of invading. Was definitely the way to go. I don't know if it's because of my soul level (95) or what, but seriously 8 or 9 out of 10 invasions were ganks. Really lame.

imo the best the best place to help against boss is against
champion

surprisingly he is so easy while coop

Pontiff
on the other hand....... fuck that shit he is even harder while cooped.

Disagree with you on that. P
ontiff
(and every other boss) is absolutely easier when you co-op, if you and your phantom(s) pay attention to who has aggro. I've done hours and hours of Sunbro cooperation and you really start to notice the people who understand this. When the other person is getting focused, start whacking away at the boss. Make sure you don't fully deplete your stamina though, because usually after 3-5 hits the boss will switch aggro to you. Roll or block and move in circles and let your teammate beat on the boss until aggro switches back to him. (Don't run or roll away from the boss because now your teammate has to chase after both of you.) Fighting this way also has the benefit of giving each teammate some much needed space to heal up if they're hurt.

Oh yeah, he's one of my favourite bosses in the game.

Will definitely check him out and
the Princes
. Might go back and help people face
Nameless King
but I imagine he's way harder with coop lol.

N
ameless
K
ing
is definitely the most wild ride. You will see many hosts and phantoms die. My personal favorite boss to co-op is the final boss S
oul
of C
inder
, with P
ontiff
as a close second and D
ragonslayer
A
rmor
and T
win
P
rinces
tied for 3rd. N
ameless
K
ing
didn't quite make the cut because I find his 1st phase to be so annoying.

SDR-UK

Must've been patched. More than one person said it didn't. Guess they fixed that issue.

Covenant ranks always carried across NGs. I know because I was contemplating on actually running through the game over and over to get the Proof of Concords Kept and just do it that way, until I knuckled down and farmed those Knights.

By the way, if anyone needs anything, feel free to hit me up. PS4.

LiK

Covenant ranks always carried across NGs. I know because I was contemplating on actually running through the game over and over to get the Proof of Concords Kept and just do it that way, until I knuckled down and farmed those Knights.

By the way, if anyone needs anything, feel free to hit me up. PS4.

Guess I was misinformed. Good to know.

I am thinking of a char that uses the scythe that dudes in the Road of Sacrifice drop. But I don't want to do a typical dex/str scaling build. I was thinking maybe pyromancies+ infuse it with fire? Or will that weapon just not do well at all that way?

I am thinking of a char that uses the scythe that dudes in the Road of Sacrifice drop. But I don't want to do a typical dex/str scaling build. I was thinking maybe pyromancies+ infuse it with fire? Or will that weapon just not do well at all that way?

I think that scythe actually gets an A/A scaling with Int and Faith when you infuse it with a Chaos Gem, so it would be a decent choice for that build.

Newboi

I'm currently farming the
Golden Winged Knights
on NG+1, but I'm wondering if I should just move on to NG+ 2 for now.

I got about 5 million plus souls in under an hour on NG+1. I'm basically trying to get all of my stats up to 40. I would love 50 VIG, END, and VIT as well though.

Edit: On a side note, what time( in EST) does ENB normally post his playthroughs? He doesn't have one up yet for today.

LiK

I'm currently farming the
Golden Winged Knights
on NG+1, but I'm wondering if I should just move on to NG+ 2 for now.

I got about 5 million plus souls in under an hour on NG+1. I'm basically trying to get all of my stats up to 40. I would love 50 VIG, END, and VIT as well though.

You can move on. Enemies and bosses give you plenty of souls in each subsequent NG.

Edit: I think ENB usually takes Tuesdays off altho I hope he posts one today.

Since the PS4 tests were a flop, let's see if the PC community can band together :D

I need two people to test out a theory I have. We need one person to be the host, and another needs to be the Red Eye Orb Invader or Blue Sentinel/Darkmoon and I'll be the one they don't choose(I beat all the bosses so I can't be invaded). Anyone up for it? If this works, grinding for proofs will be a thing of the past so long as someone has two people to help em.

SDR-UK

Since the PS4 tests were a flop, let's see if the PC community can band together :D

I need two people to test out a theory I have. We need one person to be the host, and another needs to be the Red Eye Orb Invader or Blue Sentinel/Darkmoon and I'll be the one they don't choose(I beat all the bosses so I can't be invaded). Anyone up for it? If this works, grinding for proofs will be a thing of the past so long as someone has two people to help em.

Already tested this numerous times with a lot of people on PS4. The host and blue do not seem to match up with passwords, unfortunately.

Good luck though.

Already tested this numerous times with a lot of people on PS4. The host and blue do not seem to match up with passwords, unfortunately.

Good luck though.

Ah. I figured if the red had the same password as the host, the game would prioritize the invasion to the host and if the blue also had the same password he'd get priority invasion. This sucks, the auto-summon fails and the grinding is the worst of all covenants. I killed like 40 Silver Knights and not a single drop.

Arjen

I said I'd refuse to farm those silver knights. Well.. It's the last thing I need, and here I am. I hate myself.

SDR-UK

Ah. I figured if the red had the same password as the host, the game would prioritize the invasion to the host and if the blue also had the same password he'd get priority invasion. This sucks, the auto-summon fails and the grinding is the worst of all covenants. I killed like 40 Silver Knights and not a single drop.

As a point of reference, it took me 1200/1300 Knights with my luck at 25 with the Crystal Rapier in my offhand and the Gold Serpent Ring +2.

It's definitely a grind.

Skii

N
ameless
K
ing
is definitely the most wild ride. You will see many hosts and phantoms die. My personal favorite boss to co-op is the final boss S
oul
of C
inder
, with P
ontiff
as a close second and D
ragonslayer
A
rmor
and T
win
P
rinces
tied for 3rd. N
ameless
K
ing
didn't quite make the cut because I find his 1st phase to be so annoying.

I've been helping with
Champion Gundyr and Dragonslayer Armor. Got 10 medals already. Will get the remaining 20 on Soul of Cinder and the Princes :D

Guess I might as well get all the covenant stuff for 100% achievements.

As a point of reference, it took me 1200/1300 Knights with my luck at 25 with the Crystal Rapier in my offhand and the Gold Serpent Ring +2.

It's definitely a grind.

Well, fuck me. Wait, do crystal weapons increase Item Discovery?

everyone will eventually end up farming Silver Knights. everyone. tis the fate of the Unkindled.

Poor silver knights ;_;. At least From didn't cause enemies to go extinct this time around :x

LiK

ENB is still oblivious to the D
ragonslayer
A
rmour
bonfire. Man, if he just explored up there then he would remember. Breaking his own rules.

Farming just ONE set of these covenant rewards I'm like......

giphy.gif

Farming ALL the sets of covenant rewards, I'm like......

tumblr_mia28eavH81qlvwnco1_400.gif

This is the worst farming in any Souls games, it makes Pure Bladestone look like picking up a fucking Hollow Helmet in DS1.

JerkShep

SL1 Run Update (not sure if anyone cares but still)

D
ragonslayer
A
rmour
and Super L
othric
Bros down! Prisoner's Chain and Astora Straight Sword made the fights a lot more manageable , but still they were pretty intense.

D
ragonslayer
A
rmour
battle here
Super L
othric
Bros battle here

Only N
ameless
K
ing
and the final boss left! What a ride

Are you on PS4? I'd gladly drop it for you to help you out.

Thanks, but I have it on PC D:. If only there was cross-system playing :p

Farming just ONE set of these covenant rewards I'm like......

giphy.gif

Farming ALL the sets of covenant rewards, I'm like......

tumblr_mia28eavH81qlvwnco1_400.gif

This is the worst farming in any Souls games, it makes Pure Bladestone look like picking up a fucking Hollow Helmet in DS1.

Imo cov drops most most common drop to least go

Dregs > Tongues > Bloodgrass > Concord

Never farmed for the Sunlight Medals or Vertebrates so no clue on their drop. From what I heard Vertebrates are a pain too

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I wish people would stop constantly complaining about the tedious covenant farming they are inflicting on themselves. You don't have to do it. Just stahp

I wish people would stop constantly complaining about the tedious covenant farming they are inflicting on themselves. You don't have to do it. Just stahp

What if we want that sexy miracle? It's kind of the same as grinding for millenniums to get the Channlers Trident in DaS 1. Plus...achievements ya know?

explodet

Farming Sunlight Medals is kickass because you get to fight cool bosses and hear awesome music and feel like an utter choad when you accidentally die to something you've killed over and over again.

Farming blue ears means sitting on your ass waiting for a summon (has yet to happen once for me) or shoving swords into the backs of Silver Knights.

Top Bottom