• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Yeah invading is fucking awful.

It's just me vs 4 people 99% of the time. I don't know how if there's a way to make it 1v1. But it is literally impossible for me to cope vs 4 people. I can barely play against one lol.

I really was looking forward to some PVP as well. Oh well.

Your best hope for a 1v1 is to lay down a red summon sign, preferably in a PVP hotspot.

LiK

They got nerfed hard a couple of months after release (before SOTFS)

Oh, that's a bummer.

"
Oh, the dragon's dead too, I didn't even have to kill it.
" WHAT

Also, I didn't even know that elevator did that.

Yea, it doesn't go down by default usually but ENB should've figured out it went up like with the elevator at tower with giant. I was shocked how much he was running back and forth and didn't figure it out. Couldn't help but laugh that was how the episode ended.

Meccs

It's just me vs 4 people 99% of the time. I don't know how if there's a way to make it 1v1. But it is literally impossible for me to cope vs 4 people. I can barely play against one lol.

Aldrich Faithful auto summons is mostly 1 Host vs 1 or two invaders. Good to get your feet wet. 50% of the time it's 2vs2. Also try to invade as a Sunbro (preferable also at Aldrich zone, since you have at least support from Faithfuls), that should give priority to worlds that already have one invader. It rarely works for me that way though. But yeah, 2vs1 or 3vs1 is pretty normal in DKS3.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I've been farming covenant rewards in NG, is it worth waiting until NG++ for the +2 ring? I'm already using Crystal Rapier, Symbol of Avarice and regular Gold ring.

DS2 had some asshole-ish grinding for covenants, but the drops rates in DS3 seem, just mean tbh. Like every item is sub-Channeler's Trident in terms of drop rate. Urgh.

Not worth it at all IMO.

Haisel Yellofinger just killed a Farron Watchdog, by himself, he was fighting me and then I got invaded and he was like:"Oh no motherfucker this one is mine!" and proceed to destroy the poor invader.

Then I sneaked behind him after getting the kill and backstabbed him.

Don't worry Haisel, your sacrifice won't be in vain.

A Dark Souls trademark experience.

LiK

Haisel Yellofinger just killed a Farron Watchdog, by himself, he was fighting me and then I got invaded and he was like:"Oh no motherfucker this one is mine!" and proceed to destroy the poor invader.

You mean Heysel?

Gbraga

This game <3 <3 <3

I'm thinking a lot about
Karla, the Witch
this morning. Does she have a quest where I need to buy her stuff? I really don't care about them or achievements, so I won't unless that will give me something in-game.

I hope she'll give me more dialogue until the end of the game. Fascinating character.

I'm loving the NPCs in Dark III, just reeeeeeaaaaally wish there was a lot more stuff on Ludleth. Maybe later, who knows. Or in a DLC...

I've been drawn to him ever since the "I may be but small, but I will die a colossus" line. That just sets his character in such a powerful way. Love him.

EDIT: I'm still running with 12 VIG and 12 END, it's enough to me so far, used the Greatsword for the Cathedral of the Deep. Next area I'll be using the Farron Greatsword. Did some testing, I can do the whole L1 combo with 12 END, seems decent enough.

Skii

Okay I'm at Irithyll and I've beaten two invaders now and no sunlight medals... What gives? I need to strengthen my covenant for god sake Miyazaki!!

LiK

Okay I'm at Irithyll and I've beaten two invaders now and no sunlight medals... What gives? I need to strengthen my covenant for god sake Miyazaki!!

Need to be summoned to kill bosses with hosts or invade other worlds and kill the host as a Sunbro for medals.

Arjen

I stopped as soon as i had all my covenant items, ran into the same as you, 3v1s with a seed. Pretty sure invasions will be dead pretty quik. Shame.

LiK

I don't think I'll be able to help people beat bosses. I'm probably overleveled for anything that isn't end game :(

Any covenants where summoning invaders gets you the covenant items?

You can still help people with bosses. You'll be scaled to the same level as the hosts. Very easy to get medals by helping with bosses.

Skii

You can still help people with bosses. You'll be scaled to the same level as the hosts. Very easy to get medals by helping with bosses.

I've never helped people with bosses before so this'll be my first time. Do I just need to place my sign in front of the boss room?

Ferr986

This game <3 <3 <3

I'm thinking a lot about
Karla, the Witch
this morning. Does she have a quest where I need to buy her stuff? I really don't care about them or achievements, so I won't unless that will give me something in-game.

I hope she'll give me more dialogue until the end of the game. Fascinating character.

About that NPC
no, there isn't any related quests. Sucks, because it's my fav merchant personality wise too.

Btw, you can get her outfit without killing her, from someone else's ashes in the
dungeon
. Her hat is awesome for a witch fashion souls.

LiK

I've never helped people with bosses before so this'll be my first time. Do I just need to place my sign in front of the boss room?

Yup, equip covenant, place white summon and you'll get summoned very quickly. It's a lot of fun.

silva1991

Lol, I love it when environment kills the invaders for me.

also I think yellow finger is a she.

LiK

What do you get for helping people kill bosses? And what do you lose if you fail to kill the boss when you are summoned?

You gain souls if you win and you lose nothing if you or the hosts dies. Of course, as a Sunbro you'll get the medals. There's no risk. You can even use this as an easy way to practice against the bosses.

Deku Tree

You gain souls if you win and you lose nothing if you or the hosts dies. Of course, as a Sunbro you'll get the medals. There's no risk. You can even use this as an easy way to practice against the bosses.

Ok I am up to the Abyss watchers. Maybe I'll try to get summoned a few times before actually doing the boss fight on my character. thx

LiK

Take into account summoning range is 20 levels up and down from host and 2 levels of difference for weapon till +6, 3 weapon levels after 6.

Oh yea, if you're too high level, would have to try helping with a later boss instead.

Skii

Take into account summoning range is 20 levels up and down from host and 2 levels of difference for weapon till +6, 3 weapon levels after 6.

Ah darn it. Why couldn't they do it all the way?

Hmm, I'm level 89 and I'm using +5 profaned Greatsword... Where can I realistically help with boss fights?

Irithyll?

Gbraga

About that NPC
no, there isn't any related quests. Sucks, because it's my fav merchant personality wise too.

Btw, you can get her outfit without killing her, from someone else's ashes in the
dungeon
. Her hat is awesome for a witch fashion souls.

I got it, it's beautiful indeed. I'll definitely use it at some point in the game.

At first I thought
it was a bit weird that I could get her set without killing her or completing her quest, but it kinda works with my current theory on her, and how she relates to Manus and the Abyss.

Arjen

Hmm, I'm level 89 and I'm using +5 profaned Greatsword... Where can I realistically help with boss fights?

Irithyll?

I think you're to high for that, most people are in the 50 range in that area and have a +6 at the most. You're best bet is late game

Sarcasm

So how to PvP? I equipped aldritch..do I need to be in that map? My thingy flashes white but nothing has happened for a good fifteen minutes.

LiK

Irithyll?

Try that and also other bosses like
Aldrich or Blade Dancer
. Of course, if you've been to
Archdragon Peak
, plenty of people will summon for NK.

Meccs

Some random observations after 2 hours of "Dried Fingers" and "Way of the Blue" in the Irithyll Dungeon.

- A lot of times when you can't use the Red Orb or Coiled Fragment (which means someone is coming), nothing happens and you can use it again. This happens very often, like 1/3 of the time without anyone invading. Not sure what is going on there, might be related to the whole summoning/blue issue.
- Blues only come 2/3 of the time and even then it takes forever. I tried to prolong fights as long as possible.
- Props to the guy that kept on invading and losing. I can't blame you for using the freaking Estoc after the 5th time you died. It didn't help though...

Manu

Irithyll?

Do the princes fight. I did that one 30 times for medals, and it never got old. Such a fun fight, and easy to coop.

Deku Tree

I am at Abyss watchers and my main weapon is at +4 with a Raw Gem in it... How do I get to +5 or +6? I am searching every area completely and finding lots of stuff using a guide even but I'm still Missing all those Large Titanite shards...

Skii

Well I just co-oped
Dragonslayer Armour
with someone. That was brilliant fun. Should've been doing this way earlier lol. Only taken me 5 Souls games to co-op bosses.

Sarcasm

Well I just co-oped
Dragonslayer Armour
with someone. That was brilliant fun. Should've been doing this way earlier lol. Only taken me 5 Souls games to co-op bosses.

I have never CoOp or PvP in any til now. I actually haven't invaded still yet.

LiK

I am at Abyss watchers and my main weapon is at +4 with a Raw Gem in it... How do I get to +5 or +6? I am searching every area completely and finding lots of stuff using a guide even but I'm still Missing all those Large Titanite shards...

You should keep going forward. They won't start showing up until after Abyss Watchers area.

silva1991

Irithyll?

imo the best the best place to help against boss is against
champion

surprisingly he is so easy while coop

Pontiff
on the other hand....... fuck that shit he is even harder while cooped.

Skii

imo the best the best place to help against boss is against
champion

surprisingly he is so easy while coop

Pontiff
on the other hand....... fuck that shit he is even harder while cooped.

Oh yeah, he's one of my favourite bosses in the game.

Will definitely check him out and
the Princes
. Might go back and help people face
Nameless King
but I imagine he's way harder with coop lol.

GulAtiCa

Hmmm, I guess it's worth farming in NG then where the enemies take less hits to kill.

Yes, doing it in NG+ and beyond is just needlessly more time consuming because of the more life they have. I farmed in NG and it was still a chore.

Yep! :( I should have stayed in NG. Now in NG+, with 75 extra Item Discovery stats (+99 Luck bonus respec), and I should have just stayed in NG...

I'll prob just say screw it and ask someone to drop/give Darkmoon Ring and Darkmoon Blade (Miracle) for me tonight. I know you can give rings, but can you also give miracles?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yep! :( I should have stayed in NG. Now in NG+, with 75 extra Item Discovery stats (+99 Luck bonus respec), and I should have just stayed in NG...

I'll prob just say screw it and ask someone to drop/give Darkmoon Ring and Darkmoon Blade (Miracle) for me tonight. I know you can give rings, but can you also give miracles?
you cannot drop miracles, spells, or pyromancies.

Easily the most boring shit I've ever done in this game.

Equipping Golden Covetous Ring+2, Helm of Avarice, left-hand with Crystal Sage and right-hand with my preferred weapon. Crushing coins every two runs killing two Silver Knights.

It's bad, although admittedly not that bad.

I want to finish this before venturing into NG+ but I might as well do it now. Does anyone know if covenant ranks transfer to NG+/NG++? Or if not if someone is willing to let me borrow the covetous gold serpent ring +2, I would really appreciate it, I'd have 415 item discovery with that.

LiK

I want to finish this before venturing into NG+ but I might as well do it now. Does anyone know if covenant ranks transfer to NG+/NG++? Or if not if someone is willing to let me borrow the covetous gold serpent ring +2, I would really appreciate it, I'd have 415 item discovery with that.

Ranks don't carry over.

Top Bottom