• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

I don't know how anyone enjoys invading.

I'm trying to get pale tongues and literally every single invasion has been me getting ganged up on. Usually the host runs away and has the phantoms attack me.

a) Invade on one of the PvP areas, you usually have help against gankers in some way

b) Go do some duels, place your red soapstone and if you win you get 1 pale tongue

c) Git gud

I recommend a or b lol

The worst invasions are the ones in which the host, after you manage to kill his phantoms, runs back to summon more phantoms, and spends one minute rolling everywhere until the summons appears....

Luckly some weapons like the Black Knight Halberd are perfect to punish rolling, but if you have yourself a heavy weapon...you're fucked.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Wait, you don't get in trouble for this? Isn't that a bit risky to get soft banned, maybe?

Why would I get banned? It's not like I tamper my save file in a way like altering the game's codes or hacking my save file to get unlimited HP or whatever. In fact there are thousands of people doing things that I have (giving/trading items, that is) in the PS4 community and there's zero stories of anyone getting banned.

I guess we'll see if someone gets banned for it. Until then no one really knows. The real question I have - if you're going to just cheat by having people give you items for your trophy, why even bother in the first place? Aren't getting trophies about putting in the work? I'm doing NG+ now for the rest of the rings & last ending, and plan to do NG++ for the rest of the rings too.

Oh I am sorry if my offer to help so that someone can void the tediousness of finding all the rings in NG++ offends your fair play sensibilities. Might as well tell the whole Dark Souls 3 PS4 item trading community that they are all cheating players since they are trading for items and thus they're getting items that they're not entitled to do so. Oh and people who rewrite their saves to get all the endings in one playthrough too, might as well chastise them too for such a cheating person they are.

I am so sorry.

I'm trying to get pale tongues and literally every single invasion has been me getting ganged up on. Usually the host runs away and has the phantoms attack me.

If it's a 1 vs 1 do whatever you want

if its a 2 vs 1 try to read their patterns, bait them and then punish

if its a 3 vs 1 return to your world unless u have the guts

If its a 4 vs 1 Welp....

don't forget to use enemies to your advantage, try to lure the host into it's agro range

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have trouble with the easiest bosses in this game. Sage and now Deacons. Theres just so damn many.

A Blade of the Darkmoon player join in a minute after I killed the invader. Using the applause emote after killing a player is probably the most dickish thing to do.

But then again, honer died in Dark Souls 2.

Persona7

Banned

basically mess with them until someone fucks up. repeat.

GulAtiCa

Spent over an hour farming the silver knights in NG+ I ended up getting 1 million useless souls and only 2 damn Proofs... :/ I have 8 total currently.

.Anema

Edit, just found all the data. Thanks anyways!

Hey GAF, where can I find a changelist with the changes made in the updates of Dark Souls III?
I want to know the changes in the game since the release, like nerfed weapons/items, solved glitches, etc.
I'm downloading the game right now, can't wait :D! I know about the online cheaters, but I don't care.
Thanks!

Kid Ska

Punish the purple and red, respectively. You got this!
Thank you, appreciate it. I do get the strategy but I just can't get into the main guy in the second phase without gettiing wailed on. Then I try to retreat and heal and get zapped by the dark magic ball.

Edit: never mind, got em

GulAtiCa

Anyone here with a +10 weapon and around lv 125 actually being summoned for the Blue/Blades? Curious where in the game you are finding the best luck. I don't want to keep farming that much :/

Honor... in a Souls game...

AYY LMAO

I miss the "shrug" gesture from Dark Souls 3. Now that was a great way to taunt someone!

tcrunch

have a GIF courtesy one of my hosts otw to topping Rosaria tongues tonight, after I had executed their phantoms in an astonishingly similar fashion

WrHpi1f.gif

swiggity swooty

MilkBeard

Nothing in this game is as hard as Ludwig and Orphan imo, but many of them harder than anything in the past games other than Fume Knight.

Yeah, Ludwig is probably one of the hardest bosses in the series, and I don't know if any of the bosses in DS3 get that difficult. Most of the DS3 bosses have easy tells and exploits even when they are difficult.

Ludwig on the other hand...just crazy, and probably my favorite fight.

Tarkus

have a GIF courtesy one of my hosts otw to topping Rosaria tongues tonight, after I had executed their phantoms in an astonishingly similar fashion

WrHpi1f.gif

swiggity swooty
The parry window on that break dance move is weird as fuck. It's super late but easy once you get the timing down. Just hold back the instinctual sense to L2 and delay. Rekt

Kid Ska

Holy god that thing on the bridge jeeeeez

Fuck this games close quarters camera straight to hell

tcrunch

The parry window on that break dance move is weird as fuck. It's super late but easy once you get the timing down. Just hold back the instinctual sense to L2 and delay. Rekt

No one has parried me yet but I'm still in the catacombs. There's hosts here that don't even know about skeleballs! The breakdance also has three parts (you have to keep pressing L1 for the second swipe and the useless flippyjump) and you can substitute R1s for the first two if you want.

Spent over an hour farming the silver knights in NG+ I ended up getting 1 million useless souls and only 2 damn Proofs... :/ I have 8 total currently.

Hmmm. I wonder if there's any way to farm it via PvP. Like, if three people use a password in the same area, and we get the host embered, one of the other guys to invade via Red Eye Orb, would the person who's a Darkmoon get summoned into that hosts world?
Because I'm pretty sure using the same password puts people using the same password at the top of the available invasion list, no?

Tarkus

Hmmm. I wonder if there's any way to farm it via PvP. Like, if three people use a password in the same area, and we get the host embered, one of the other guys to invade via Red Eye Orb, would the person who's a Darkmoon get summoned into that hosts world?
Because I'm pretty sure using the same password puts people using the same password at the top of the available invasion list, no?
I'll experiment for the next 45 minutes if you'd like.
Tell me where. PS4

Gbraga

Yhorm the Giant
is an amazing character.
The Profaned Capital is definitely the most complicated part of the lore so far. It'll take me quite a while to fully understand it, if I ever do.

Died way more than I probably should have, most difficult fight so far >_<

zma1013

I think I may have an idea why sometimes summons cant go through the boss fog wall at
Dancer
boss. It seems if a summoned person is close to or touching the fog wall while the host goes in, it break the door. This is just what I've observed from helping out all night. Stay back away from the fog door until it says you can go in.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I beat DS3 with a Warrior class a few weeks ago and was going to go NG+ but decided to start with the Knight class to try something different.

Anyways I'm at Level 30 and have leveled my Knight accordingly but I really don't know how to maximize whatever weapon I'm using. I'll add Titanite Shards and add Gems but I generally don't know what I'm doing when it comes to how Gems affect attributes etc.

I'm using an Astora Straight Sword but I've only leveled it up +2 with Titanite and have held back on using any gems.

Is there any comprehensive guide on YouTube or elsewhere explaining how to fully maximize swords and scale them properly.

tcrunch

I think I may have an idea why sometimes summons cant go through the boss fog wall at
Dancer
boss. It seems if a summoned person is close to or touching the fog wall while the host goes in, it break the door. This is just what I've observed from helping out all night. Stay back away from the fog door until it says you can go in.

The #1 time I can't enter fog doors is when the host runs up to them then starts gliding around without animating. This can happen even if we went through the whole level fine.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO6EmsOiuhs

Dahbomb

Yhorm the Giant
is an amazing character.
The Profaned Capital is definitely the most complicated part of the lore so far. It'll take me quite a while to fully understand it, if I ever do.

Died way more than I probably should have, most difficult fight so far >_<
LOL... wut?

Did you kill him without the gimmick or something?

If this leads to farming Covenants then send me a friend request so I can get in on this action. Dahbomb88 on PS4.

Dashl

Neo Member
Took me almost 40 hours to farm the covenant items I needed. Shackles were the worst. Just need the NG++ rings for the last trophy.

Tarkus

I'm game to experiment. Just need 1 more person to test this out with.
Where's experimental Souls-GAF when you need them?!?

BTW, I cannot recreate what the reddit post was saying about poise. I dont see a single difference in hyperarmor with 60 poise vs 18 poise.

GulAtiCa

Where's experimental Souls-GAF when you need them?!?

BTW, I cannot recreate what the reddit post was saying about poise. I dont see a single difference in hyperarmor with 60 poise vs 18 poise.

Well, one way we can at least test is for both of us to have the PW on. Let's make it "neogaf". I'll keep the Blade cov on, you put on the Way of Blue cov.

Though, what level is your character? And where left can you be to be invaded?

Tarkus

Well, one way we can at least test is for both of us to have the PW on. Let's make it "neogaf". I'll keep the Blade cov on, you put on the Way of Blue cov.

Though, what level is your character? And where left can you be to be invaded?
SL120. No where can I be invaded. I'd have to be a the invader.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I beat DS3 with a Warrior class a few weeks ago and was going to go NG+ but decided to start with the Knight class to try something different.

Anyways I'm at Level 30 and have leveled my Knight accordingly but I really don't know how to maximize whatever weapon I'm using. I'll add Titanite Shards and add Gems but I generally don't know what I'm doing when it comes to how Gems affect attributes etc.

I'm using an Astora Straight Sword but I've only leveled it up +2 with Titanite and have held back on using any gems.

Is there any comprehensive guide on YouTube or elsewhere explaining how to fully maximize swords and scale them properly.

Well, nearly all greatswords (only FUGS is the exception where it will scale to S Strength at max level with no infusion required, IIRC), and in fact, a great number of all weapons in Dark Souls 3, benefit mostly from a quality build (STR and DEX raised equally) and you can even up the scaling even further by using refined. Knights are well positioned for a good quality build considering their starting stats.

In general a great deal of weapons reached their highest damage rating with a refined gem (like Dark Sword). If you go pure strength, use Heavy on your weapons (weapons like Great Axe benefits greatly from this). Although some weapons are better left untouched... it's really just experiment about counting numbers (you can do it yourself by adding the numbers on the screen before infusing and see how the numbers compare before and after infusion)

For straight swords, greatswords, and ultra greatswords (FUGS is the sole exception), refined is the way to go if you want max damage.

Gbraga

LOL... wut?

Did you kill him without the gimmick or something?

No, figured it out quickly enough, but I still died quite a few times before I got it >_<

Almost every attack of his one shotted me, and I was under the assumption
that the charge would go away if I let go of L2, so my movement was quite limited. Only now I find out that you can charge and let go of L2 and move freely.

I'm an idiot >_>

It also sucks that
I ended up failing Siegward's quest because I died on my first try :C

Didn't get to see what he has to say after the fight, since you can't die against Yhorm or you'll only get his loot.

Now I'll finally (probably) fight Aldrich next. Can't fucking wait >_<

Please don't keep him away from me any longer, Holy King Lothric has to be the final Lord of Cinder, he has the big ass throne in the middle, LET ME FIGHT ALDRICH, GAME.

Sarcasm

I am at the profaned capital..got the items in that building (and above)..my question is..I see a cave with items..with a big ass swamp of toxic.

Worth it?

Also what do you mean charge L2? Charge your attack?

silva1991

Do I need to be at level 130 or more for a build that can use morne's great hammer efficiently? 50 STR and 30 faith is too much.

krioto

I'm collecting shackles now for the Mound Makers covenant, and its actually not too bad - just keep invading outside Sulyvahn's bonfire, and it takes seconds to find a world, and they're all almost full of sunbros and aldritch faithful phantoms, as well as other MM invaders.

I got 15 shackles last night and hope to get the other half tonight - plus its great fun, especially helping the host to kill red invaders. I've even seen some Darkmoon summons, so maybe its not hopeless (that's my next and last covenant to complete).

I'm on NG+, SL101

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm collecting shackles now for the Mound Makers covenant, and its actually not too bad - just keep invading outside Sulyvahn's bonfire, and it takes seconds to find a world, and they're all almost full of sunbros and aldritch faithful phantoms, as well as other MM invaders.

I got 15 shackles last night and hope to get the other half tonight - plus its great fun, especially helping the host to kill red invaders. I've even seen some Darkmoon summons, so maybe its not hopeless (that's my next and last covenant to complete).

I'm on NG+, SL101

It's much easier and fun to just lay down your red summon sign and participate in the fight clubs there. The summons are fast and the fights are fair. I collected 20 of shackles there in a relatively short time.

Top Bottom