• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III Press Event Discussion: Embargo - 8am CST (03/01/)

Dmax3901

Hey guys, here's my write-up of a three hour session with the game: http://progressbar.com.au/?p=12054

I spoil some enemies, location names and a cutscene, but otherwise it's fairly safe.

I did talk about the bosses I fought but it's at the bottom of the page and flagged for spoilers.

Enjoy!

I had Lobos' stream up, was all ready to get my ass spoiled.. and I had to close it. I couldn't do it!

I just want to remain pure.

But the temptation is so great. So, so great.

"The term 'utsukushi' is really difficult to translate in English. It doesn't necessarily mean simply beautiful. Sadness, loneliness, withered - all those things can be explained using this term too," Miyazaki explains. "So that's the top priority for me when working on the world lore. And I'm aware that even some other guys on the team or in the company don't understand what I'm actually talking about when using this terminology."
Miyazaki, you are a wonderful creator. He's got so much stuff going on even in how beauty works in his game. Fascinating.

fantomena

I think Im pretty much not gonna watch any of these. A big part of the Souls experience for me is to discover things for myself.

RavenH2

I think Im pretty much not gonna watch any of these. A big part of the Souls experience for me is to discover things for myself.

Same here, but I just want to ask to those who played it. How was the performance on Xbox One and PS4? Where there any framepacing issues?

KAOz

Short bus special
At work so cant watch yet.

But, any videos of male hairstyles and beards in the character creator? Like in-depth look.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The old lady merchant in red robes sure sunds and looks familiar

So
Onion dude AND Andre are back?
What the hell is going on in this timeline.

Well
Andre might just be a god if they made him Gwyn's son again as was intended. And Onion-Bro had a different name didn't he?

Edit: Holy fuck
The music for Vordt's fight. That's some high-level Sakuraba shit right there

Blobbers

The fact that Peeve is having capture card problems is as as clear a sign as any for me. I'm not gonna watch any footage from now on except maybe the official trailer. I haven't seen the new firelink and I'm fine with that. Haven't read any spoilers. The blackout starts... a-now.

silva1991

Typical Lobos killing the boss as fast as possible without letting us see his moveset. :/

I'm sure Peeve will do a better boss showcasing.

hiryu

Why are we tagging spoilers in a press coverage thread that is all about spoilers? Seems kind of silly.

Tahnit

Banned
I just want to know that ds3 on pc is going to be 60fps. Lots of worry that it may be 30 due to engine limitations.

Mandelbo

viwiUgO.png

Taken from the character creation video - note that there seems to be an entire row for estus flasks, which has four individual slots. Could that mean that there are more kinds of estus flask than just HP and MP restoration?

e: unless that's just your item belt - but only allowing you to have four items equipped seems a little weird.

bigmac996

Oh boy this got me way too hyped too early. Does anyone know if the Asia release (chinese/ eng subs) will also come out the 24th of March? I need this game asap!

Top Bottom