• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III Press Event Discussion: Embargo - 8am CST (03/01/)

Please, someone quote me and say if this game is a masterpiece I expect it to be. I'm scared to read anything, but my curiosity is boiling.

Only some streamers, reviewers and people who got a broken street date copy are playing the game right. The JP digital unlocks tomorrow.

So, we don't know!

I'll tell you in a couple of days don't worry ;)

Soul Memory wasn't the main problem with Blue Sentinels though. It was the fact that you had to wear a ring, be in the same area as the person calling for help AND would only start searching for you to be summoned after the red ganker got in. With a system like Blue Sentinels it needed to be like Cat Covenant where the ring works to take you to your Way of Blue player asking for help from anywhere. It also needed to start looking for a Sentinel at the same time it's matchmaking the ganker so if one is available they pop right in when they do.

Not to mention that for people to get the help, they had to be in a very useless covenant outside of the first areas of the game.

And let's not talk about the fact that blue sentinels requires an item to get into an arena match, while blood covenant had a free pass.

E92 M3

Only some streamers, reviewers and people who got a broken street date copy are playing the game right. The JP digital unlocks tomorrow.

So, we don't know!

I'll tell you in a couple of days don't worry ;)

Not to mention that for people to get the help, they had to be in a very useless covenant outside of the first areas of the game.

And let's not talk about the fact that blue sentinels requires an item to get into an arena match, while blood covenant had a free pass.

Appreciate it!

this good enough? (btw theres no spoilers on this post)

https://twitter.com/OroboroTheNinja/status/712236985574752256

Thanks!

Gbraga

Is dark souls 2 worth playing now before this?

I actually don't think so. Not because Dark Souls II isn't worth playing, but because there's just so little time that there's no way you'd give it the attention it deserves.

I know at least I need quite a few playthroughs before I can even touch another game.

Jombie

I actually don't think so. Not because Dark Souls II isn't worth playing, but because there's just so little time that there's no way you'd give it the attention it deserves.

I know at least I need quite a few playthroughs before I can even touch another game.

I love DS2, but I would agree. Wait for DS3 and play 2 sometime after.

neoism

this good enough? (btw theres no spoilers on this post)

https://twitter.com/OroboroTheNinja/status/712236985574752256

giphy.gif

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
The Japanese launch trailer will likely be airing soon.
Just a heads-up that it is mildly spoilerific - shows a few new bosses and larger enemies.

I know a bunch of people are able to sate their hype by importing, but for those of you still struggling on in the dark, please be advised ;)

Just a heads-up that it is mildly spoilerific - shows a few new bosses and larger enemies.

I know a bunch of people are able to sate their hype by importing, but for those of you still struggling on in the dark, please be advised ;)

I'm weak. I don't have the fortitude to avoid it.

silva1991

Thanx for the warning! I've seen enough bosses.

Jobbs

Banned
I'll be playing/streaming tomorrow a bit after 11am when it unlocks. All I've seen is a little bit of the starter area (the enemies and the first boss thing at the end of the starter area) and I've seen a couple quick glimpses of firelink but nothing that stuck in my mind. I had one thing spoiled of note
(siegemeyer)
. I've also seen a gif clip of a
big boss that has an arm growing out of it.

That's really about it. This is the blindest I'll ever have gone into a new Souls game. I can't believe it.

Please, someone quote me and say if this game is a masterpiece I expect it to be. I'm scared to read anything, but my curiosity is boiling.

I'm also trying to stay as spoiler free as possible, not watching anything and all that shit, but someone please tell us blind folk what the common consensus appears to be among viewers et cetera. I don't trust these guys, they all thought DS2 was all that too at first :/

Someone...haha

Top Bottom