• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III Press Event Discussion: Embargo - 8am CST (03/01/)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dorPaHP.jpg

ITS HAPPENING. A BIT OVER 24H TO GO. DOWNLOAD GOING FULL SPEED. IM SO FUCKING EXCITED IM RUNNING AROUND THE APARTMENT NAKED

hiryu

I'm going to go with Knight for the Japanese version so I don't have to worry about magic or anything.

I'll do the platinum on the NA version.

OK, screw it. What's the best way to get this game?

Amazon.co.jp?
Playasia as always?
Digitally?(isn't this more?)

Is reselling japanese copies reliable? I won't need it once the english version is out. Could I sell it for around 30, you think?

Decisions....I feel like amazon would be slower than playasia, digital would be fast but probably the most expensive for some reason as well as unable to resell it, but amazon is probably the cheapest option. HMMMMM

I jumped for the Asia version!!!

It's nice to have a "midnight" release at 11am eastern time xD. Gonna play allllll day.

And i'm VERY surprise that there is no "leak" at all coming out. Like none-japan store sold the game early ?

This might be the first Souls game i play without seeing all the early stream xD.

Edit : and i used Play-asia for PSN japan card. If you want a retail, i dont know how "fast" or how it work.

Jobbs

Banned
OK, screw it. What's the best way to get this game?

Amazon.co.jp?
Playasia as always?
Digitally?(isn't this more?)

Is reselling japanese copies reliable? I won't need it once the english version is out. Could I sell it for around 30, you think?

Decisions....I feel like amazon would be slower than playasia, digital would be fast but probably the most expensive for some reason as well as unable to resell it, but amazon is probably the cheapest option. HMMMMM

easiest way is to make a japanese PSN account, buy JP PSN points cards on play asia (which are delivered to you digitally right away) and then punching them into your jp PSN. Then just buy and download the game.

Man, Oroboro's playing the English version right now. They're not allowed to stream it until Wednesday though, and apparently they can only stream the first 1/3 of the game (Peeve mentions that it's further than what we've seen so far). What the hell is with this weird-ass release schedule?

Man, Oroboro's playing the English version right now. They're not allowed to stream it until Wednesday though, and apparently they can only stream the first 1/3 of the game (Peeve mentions that it's further than what we've seen so far). What the hell is with this weird-ass release schedule?

I dunno, but good for those guys. Specially Oro and Peeve. Those guys are great, and such huge fans. I'm alright with them getting the game a couple weeks early.

I'll be playing the Japanese PS4 version Wednesday and the Steam version on the 12th.

I will say though, that it takes a bit of the fun out of discovering things together and instead feels like things are already well known before you even get a chance.

They really should just do a worldwide release of the game and no one gets early copies. I mean, it's not like they have to convince Souls fans... and most streamers are doing complete playthroughs of previous Souls games as warm up till release.

But hey, it's just a game... and if you can stay away from the streams and spoiler sites, then it'll still be amazing.

Risette

A Good Citizen
So, I made a post about this a few days ago, but does anyone know why there's no release date delivery for this on Amazon? Does it usually only pop up a few days before release? Is it Amazon's fault or BN's?

I'm not gonna order anywhere else because a friend bought the game for me with an Amazon gift card, but I've never seen a major release without release date delivery.

I dunno, but good for those guys. Specially Oro and Peeve. Those guys are great, and such huge fans. I'm alright with them getting the game a couple weeks early.

I'll be playing the Japanese PS4 version Wednesday and the Steam version on the 12th.

I will say though, that it takes a bit of the fun out of discovering things together and instead feels like things are already well known before you even get a chance.

They really should just do a worldwide release of the game and no one gets early copies. I mean, it's not like they have to convince Souls fans... and most streamers are doing complete playthroughs of previous Souls games as warm up till release.

But hey, it's just a game... and if you can stay away from the streams and spoiler sites, then it'll still be amazing.

Yeah don't get me wrong. I'm a big fan of Oro and Peeve and the rest of Soulsbrandt and I'll be playing the JP release as well, but like you said it would be a lot more fun if everyone was playing for the first time together.

Azzanadra

Wow, are those honestly all the bosses?

Which one is the giant blob of goo with a crown? And which is supposed to be the final boss?

Which one is the giant blob of goo with a crown? And which is supposed to be the final boss?
Aldritch is goo man
Final boss might not have been shown
It's also been said that optional bosses or secret bosses might not have gotten a trophy like in dark souls 1

The final boss is most likely
Soul of Cinder (per the soundtrack leak), but similar to Bloodborne there isn't a trophy for defeating it. I guess they consider the ending trophies kind of the same thing.

Azzanadra

The final boss is most likely
Soul of Cinder (per the soundtrack leak), but similar to Bloodborne there isn't a trophy for defeating it. I guess they consider the ending trophies kind of the same thing.

The OST already came out? Where can I listen to it? Or do you mean just the list of songs?

silva1991

He is playing the English version? that's weird

Peeve didn't want to play it early with Oroboro and the others because he wanted the English version

if Namco sent English copies to Oroboro then it will surprise me if they don't send one to Peeve.

Peeve didn't want to play it early with Oroboro and the others because he wanted the English version

if Namco sent English copies to Oroboro then it will surprise me if they don't send one to Peeve.

Peeve has it as well. Seems like everyone was informed this evening.

idonteven

call me salty but this is so stupid that streamers get to play a insane 3 weeks early,on twitter all of them are rubbing it on our faces...this is such a huge fuck you to the "normal" people

silva1991

easiest way is to make a japanese PSN account, buy JP PSN points cards on play asia (which are delivered to you digitally right away) and then punching them into your jp PSN. Then just buy and download the game.

Wait, they send redeem codes? I still haven't pulled the trigger :(

Phased

Have they announced covenants yet? I'm trying not to spoil myself but I badly hope Blue Sentinels are back. I felt like that covenant had so much potential that got ruined by Soul Memory.

Sentinels without the Soul Memory restriction would be so good.

Jobbs

Banned
Have they announced covenants yet? I'm trying not to spoil myself but I badly hope Blue Sentinels are back. I felt like that covenant had so much potential that got ruined by Soul Memory.

I got a minor fact about how covenants work spoiled by a YT video. basically
you find items and bring htem to an npc in firelink to join the covenant the item goes to. Apparently sunbro is once again a thing

And yes, fucking Soul Memory now relegated to just a terrible, terrible "wtf were they thinking" memory

Just an answer to your question:
Blue Sentinels are in according to the trophies. There's also Sunbros, Way of Blue, Blades of the Darkmoon, and four more that we don't know much about yet. Though I'd wager that one of them is for PvP.

Mendrox

Yes there are convenants and you won't be disappointed.

Ferr986

Just an answer to your question:
Blue Sentinels are in according to the trophies. There's also Sunbros, Way of Blue, Blades of the Darkmoon, and four more that we don't know much about yet. Though I'd wager that one of them is for PvP.

I wonder how Blue Sentinels and Darkmoons will work, considering they're kind of similar.

I assume Blue Sentinels are reduced to countering ongoing invasions and BoDs punish sins?

Probably, yeah. But since the Red Eye Orb seems to be an early game item this time around, the Blue Sentinels should be much more relevant than they were in Dark Souls 2. It was pretty tough to consistently invade in that game before NG+.

HGH

Banned

Streamers get early English copies because the game is finished and they're being used for PR/advertising; some video makers refused the offer though.

As to why the staggered release: Bandai Namco's fiscal results meeting will be conducted at the end of March. Meaning, they want Dark Souls 3 to appear in their results for 2017, so they pushed it into April. Meanwhile, it's likely From don't care, because they're not doing much else and they're publishing it themselves in Japan, as opposed to Bandai in the US.

AmyS

At least by the time DSe releases in the west, anything that's found that needs to get patched should be there in a day one update, if not soon after.

Soul Memory wasn't the main problem with Blue Sentinels though. It was the fact that you had to wear a ring, be in the same area as the person calling for help AND would only start searching for you to be summoned after the red ganker got in. With a system like Blue Sentinels it needed to be like Cat Covenant where the ring works to take you to your Way of Blue player asking for help from anywhere. It also needed to start looking for a Sentinel at the same time it's matchmaking the ganker so if one is available they pop right in when they do.

E92 M3

Please, someone quote me and say if this game is a masterpiece I expect it to be. I'm scared to read anything, but my curiosity is boiling.

Top Bottom