• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III Press Event Discussion: Embargo - 8am CST (03/01/)

If someone could make a spoiler-free impressions thread for those importing or buying the JPN version, I would be most grateful.

I need something to make this wait bearable.

*curls into fetal position*

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Holy shit at one of the boss trophies

Aldritch Devourer of Gods....he's got fucking Gwyndolin poking out of him. He ate Gwyndolin!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Guys, does the Paypal option in Japanese store work or do I have to buy cards? Just made an acc, thanks.

Edit: Bought 2 cards from PA.

Jobbs

Banned
Okay, so, I installed it, and then I switched over to my regular NA PSN profile.

fCube5S.jpg

As you can see, there's the game.

Will I be able to play it from my regular NA profile, and if so will any trophies apply to my NA profile?

wiibomb

Okay, so, I installed it, and then I switched over to my regular NA PSN profile.

fCube5S.jpg

Will I be able to play it from my regular NA profile, and if so will any trophies apply to my NA profile?

I think yeah, but it will be the Japanese version, so I don't know if the same trophies will be shared with the US version

EDIT: also, any patch or DLC must be downloaded from the japanese account for the game to work, no DLC or patch compatibility with the US version

@Wreck

fCube5S.jpg

you going to stream cause if you are i'm in =)

Jobbs

Banned
you going to stream cause if you are i'm in =)

Barring anything unforeseen, I'll be streaming it when it unlocks wednesday at around 11am.

warning, I'm liable to spend a half hour or more in face creation

I may settle my face creation then start stream just so as not to bore people

Aces&Eights

Weapon sheathes are back!!!

So excited! Got the Japanese version ready to go. Reddit had some great links to imgur where they have English translated screen shots of character creation, npc dialouge and item/weapon descriptions.

This game is going to be fantastic, I can feel it.

@Wreck

Barring anything unforeseen, I'll be streaming it when it unlocks wednesday at around 11am.

warning, I'm liable to spend a half hour or more in face creation

I may settle my face creation then start stream just so as not to bore people

not a problem man!!

thanks for the heads up!

KAOz

Short bus special
Trophy-spoiler.

Translated the Russian text to Swedish.

Bossname/trophy spoiler now:
The Cursed Tree was translated to "That fucking tree".

I laughed so hard. Better than "Rom; fucking dumbass spider".

I have intentionally avoided most DS3 content but I have a question I hoped people here might answer.

I FINALLY got around to DS2 after having skipped it, and while I forgive most of the common complaints one thing that has no place in a game where finesse in combat exists is enemy tracking.

An enemy will wide up a huge attack, you'll dodge... and they will SPIN in place, mid-animation, and line up the perfect hit. Frankly its almost ruining the game for me.

PLEASE tell me this is gone from DS3? I never saw it in DS1, and while Bloodbourne did it at times it isn't anywhere as egregious as it seems to be in SotFS.

Also, how are invul frames when rolling? In DS1 the window felt pretty big, but by default in DS2 they're offensively tiny.

convo

NO ONE LOOK AT THIS!!! Aghhhhh MY EYES!!! SPOILERS!!!

You dumbass you are already here.
Don't think staying here is not gonna ruin anything.
Other notable spoilers that will ruin the game™(yes definitly for real though),
Notice how the elder prince is not mentioned, so we can go on a limb and say he is one of the bosses that lead to an ending

i hope i can find a good high res photo of the coiled sword in this game. i think i wanna get a bonfire added to my dark souls tattoo sleeve, i just need to find a really detailed photo for my guy to play off of, seems like this game uses the coiled sword as an item at some point so hopefully i can find a detailed shot to get at some point

WHy is there a staggered release for this in the first place- any clue?

No, but From is the publisher in Japan and Namco Bandai in the west, why they decided for two different dates? Beats me, but since they have two different publishers I guess is something it could happen.

Some people say is because PC version is not ready, but PC review copies are on 1.01, so....who knows.

Guess just stupid marketing decisions and shit.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Another kickass boss fact from the trophy list and the lore

There's a trophy for beating the Crystal Sage. Except the OST has the boss theme as "Crystal Sages". Plus there's a ring that mention the preacher twins, the Crystal Sages. I'm damn sure this is Maneater/Witch of Hemwick all over again.

Also they are totally related to Big Hat Logan. Look at THAT HAT

No, but From is the publisher in Japan and Namco Bandai in the west, why they decided for two different dates? Beats me, but since they have two different publishers I guess is something it could happen.

Some people say is because PC version is not ready, but PC review copies are on 1.01, so....who knows.

Guess just stupid marketing decisions and shit.

I guess, but something with a zeitgeist and spoler territory as heavy as this, should 100% be day one release all over- makes 0 sense

Mandelbo

Really weird after DS2 released in the same week in all regions - I know that the PC release came later there, but it still bugs me that it's that large of a gap.

idonteven

just heard that lirik is gonna stream the pc version in english the same time the game releases in japan

gonna play side by side for easy translation

Grassy

Is anyone able to download the Dark Souls 3 theme on the JP store? It keeps trying to make me buy a PS Plus sub, even though my main account has one. Pre-loading now, so hyped!

Since the game will unlock first than in Japan for the crazy folks like me who bought the game on the JP store, I wonder if this might happen to us:

Dark Souls doesn't launch in Japan until tomorrow, but some players have managed to get their hands on copies early and are playing away without a care in the world. That is, until From Software invades their games with level 145 Black Phantoms.

http://kotaku.com/5842561/early-dark-souls-players-thwarted-in-typically-brutal-fashion

lolooool

That would be amazing.

Since the game is ready for release, It's probably a fiscal year thing. From wanted it to be released in this quarter, Namco wanted to hold it until next quarter.

That makes alot of sense and is as stupid as I imagined to be.

takoyaki

Since the game will unlock first than in Japan for the crazy folks like me who bought the game on the JP store, I wonder if this might happen to us:

http://kotaku.com/5842561/early-dark-souls-players-thwarted-in-typically-brutal-fashion

lolooool

That would be amazing.

That must have been so much "fun", I had Bloodborne a few days before release and really wanted something like this to happen, but servers didn't go up for BB until shortly before release. Maybe it will happen again with DS3 in the first 24h or something :)

_h8bit

Banned
That must have been so much "fun", I had Bloodborne a few days before release and really wanted something like this to happen, but servers didn't go up for BB until shortly before release. Maybe it will happen again with DS3 in the first 24h or something :)

Yeah I'm considering dropping into the mom and pop store near my apartment to see if i can't get my hands on this early like with Bloodborne. Discovery and overcoming bosses was so rewarding when people had barely any idea about what each section of the game held. Even still, they probably wouldn't get copies in until like the Thursday before.

Jamie OD

Trophy-spoiler.

Translated the Russian text to Swedish.

Bossname/trophy spoiler now:
The Cursed Tree was translated to "That fucking tree".

I laughed so hard. Better than "Rom; fucking dumbass spider".

I hope that phrase will be the OT name here.

Holy shit at one of the boss trophies

Aldritch Devourer of Gods....he's got fucking Gwyndolin poking out of him. He ate Gwyndolin!

I've been avoiding spoilers for this game as much as I can, but I somehow couldn't resist this one post for some reason.

Oh. My. Goodness.

This just pushed my need for this game to unhealthy levels.

This is the absolute BEST, most WELCOME kind of spoiler for me. TY :')

AmyS

IGN put up some 1080p 60fps footage of a boss fight. I'm guessing this was footage from their stream of the PC version last week.

link

Emedan

I have intentionally avoided most DS3 content but I have a question I hoped people here might answer.

I FINALLY got around to DS2 after having skipped it, and while I forgive most of the common complaints one thing that has no place in a game where finesse in combat exists is enemy tracking.

An enemy will wide up a huge attack, you'll dodge... and they will SPIN in place, mid-animation, and line up the perfect hit. Frankly its almost ruining the game for me.

PLEASE tell me this is gone from DS3? I never saw it in DS1, and while Bloodbourne did it at times it isn't anywhere as egregious as it seems to be in SotFS.

Also, how are invul frames when rolling? In DS1 the window felt pretty big, but by default in DS2 they're offensively tiny.

Yeah that was one of the worst design offences of DS2.

From what I have seen it doesn't seem to have that excessive tracking no!

Regarding I frames it only has two stages, fat roll and fast roll. I would therefore assume it's like DSI since you can't invest in any stat for it

Top Bottom