• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III Press Event Discussion: Embargo - 8am CST (03/01/)

ironcreed

Banned
Do all bosses have a trophy ?
If so that's a small number of bosses... 18, including 5 we already know ?

That is plenty. I fully expect another 60+ hour ride before my first play through is complete. Don't forget that there is going to be a lot in between those bosses as well, lol.

Mendrox

Do all bosses have a trophy ?
If so that's a small number of bosses... 18, including 5 we already know ?

Dark Souls had very few trophies which were related to bosses like the optional bosses or story related ones so it could be that not every boss has gotten a trophy. Bloodborne had a trophy for every single boss.

Dark Souls had very few trophies which were related to bosses like the optional bosses or story related ones so it could be that not every boss has gotten a trophy. Bloodborne had a trophy for every single boss.
Hopefully that's the case+ whatever DLC bosses we get.

ironcreed

Banned
Well... Demon's Souls had 22, DS 26, and DS2 something like 30 without the DLC.

Yes, I am aware of that. But this is still not going to be a short game by any stretch. There will also likely be secret areas and a few other boss battles not on the trophy list. Don't rule that out.

Yes, I am aware of that. But this is still not going to be a short game by any stretch. There will also likely be secret areas and a few other boss battles not on the trophy list. Don't rule that out.

Agreed. I'm so so into that series I just want it to be a long long fix for my addiction.

well we already know the Curse-Rotted Greatwood is
"technically" optional going by the footage and B-genius's comments(although you'll want to fight him cuz he drops an important item), and he's got a trophy.
So I'm gonna assume these are all of em.

I mean Bloodborne had, what, 17 in the main game? How much did you expect this game to have, considering the development history, how its reusing assets from BB, how Miyazaki already said it had less areas than DS2?

well we already know the Curse-Rotted Greatwood is
"technically" optional going by the footage and B-genius's comments(although you'll want to fight him cuz he drops an important item), and he's got a trophy.
So I'm gonna assume these are all of em.

I mean Bloodborne had, what, 17 in the main game? How much did you expect this game to have, considering the development history, how its reusing assets from BB, how Miyazaki already said it had less areas than DS2?

At least the same number as demons souls that was quite small (but had some BS bosses like dragon God, I admit)

At least the same number as demons souls that was quite small (but had some BS bosses like dragon God, I admit)

I'm thinking its a quality over quantity thing, judging by how dense each area seems to be compared to the prior titles. At this point, they know what bosses people like, and they know not to put in Dragon God or Bed of Chaos or Twin Dragonriders and other junk.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Super duper ultra Trophy List Spoiler:
Wow, Old Demon King looks quite similar to this other Old King who was a lava demon torso. :lol. Creatively bankrupt!

cheesekao

Not true. Chalice bosses(the non schmuck ones) don't have trophies bar the final one.

Yeah

Soul of Cinder, based on the soundtrack list.

But it may be a special final boss like the Moon Presence, probably linked to the 'Usurpation of Fire' ending that seems to be the true ending

There's no guarantee that that's actually a boss name, though. There are other tracks on the list that aren't names of bosses. So you can't say yes for sure.

Ridesh

Banned
There's no guarantee that that's actually a boss name, though. There are other tracks on the list that aren't names of bosses. So you can't say yes for sure.

About the final boss
But there's no other name that seems fit to be a final boss, and the Moon Presence also has a track, so it's an almost certainly.

If not, it's Lorian, Elder Prince - Lothric, Younger Prince

Mendrox

Not true. Chalice bosses(the non schmuck ones) don't have trophies bar the final one.

The NPC boss battles weren't really boss battles for me and the new versions of the old bosses (and one enemey, that is now a boss) don't really count well at least for me. Even the queen has a trophy and it is the only boss battle that rewards you a gold trophy too.

convo

People shouldn't think the secrets of the universe are revealed through trophies. Interesting NPC interactions are never part of those. Mountains of secrets,surprises and confusion ahead.
Several dudes who are gonna stream the game also seem to be on a mission to actually translate all the item texts for the community, i think it was Manvsgame who is doing it.

Cruxist

Those covenants.

I know Miyazaki is leaning heavily on Dark Souls 1 for covenants, but Blade of the Darkmoon is back???? My favorite covenant in the game! I loved the lore behind it, the miracles were great, and finding it was such a huge pain/great surprise. Really really cannot wait until we learn more about it.

Ferr986

The NPC boss battles weren't really boss battles for me and the new versions of the old bosses (and one enemey, that is now a boss) don't really count well at least for me. Even the queen has a trophy and it is the only boss battle that rewards you a gold trophy too.

Bloodletting beast, the doge and the Ptumerian were totally new bosses though.

Kanann

12419326_998861310161895_102227956719021785_o.jpg

pre-load just open

20gb

cheesekao

Uh...I said non schmuck ones for a reason. Bloodletting beast, Pthumerian Descendant, Pthumerian Elder and Watchdog of the Old Lords are legit bosses without trophies.

Jobbs

Banned
preloading! aghhh!

6Ahzh7l.jpg

I hope google translate is sufficient for determining what miracles are for, because I intend to play a faith build

Mendrox

Uh...I said non schmuck ones for a reason. Bloodletting beast, Pthumerian Descendant, Pthumerian Elder and Watchdog of the Old Lords are legit bosses without trophies.

Ahh I've forgottten the Pthumerian ones and the Watchdog okay. Well every main story boss has a trophy so after watching the trophy list of DS3 I am thinking the same. Which still is cool.

Nice it's also downloading right now according to the online Sen Store.
I had to force it by selecting a small additional download so it tried to check the status of my pre-load.

But I see a lovely &#12480;&#12454;&#12531;&#12525;&#12540;&#12489;&#20013; right now <3
Two days left until the unlock!!

How would I go about to download the Japanese version to my PS4 in Sweden? Has anyone made a guide?

Make a JPN account, buy JPN codes to get enough money onto it, buy the game from the store, log in to your JPN account on your PS4, make it your primary ps4 for the JPN account, download the game, wait for release then play it on whichever account you want.

takoyaki

How would I go about to download the Japanese version to my PS4 in Sweden? Has anyone made a guide?

Someone made a step by step guide in this thread a few pages back. It's really easy, you just have to open a Japanese PSN account and get 7500Yen in store credit from a place like play-asia.

d00d3n

Make a JPN account, buy JPN codes to get enough money onto it, buy the game from the store, log in to your JPN account on your PS4, make it your primary ps4 for the JPN account, download the game, wait for release then play it on whichever account you want.

Someone made a step by step guide in this thread a few pages back. It's really easy, you just have to open a Japanese PSN account and get 7500Yen in store credit from a place like play-asia.

Thanks.

Top Bottom