• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III: The Ringed City - Launch Trailer

chekhonte

I'm so sad that I've completely burned out on Souls games. I used to get so excited every time something from From would come out. I miss those days.

Steam update showing some interesting numbers

steeamwab3nl9t.jpg

AmyS

Stupid question that I'm sure almost everyone knows but I don't.

What are the requirements to start playing The Ringed City once its out (I'm only past the first boss in DS3) and where will it be found?

This is by far is the most interesting thing in the trailer:
semttulo7uube.png

Gywn and...the Pygmy?

I always got the idea pigmy was a female , anyway maybe the statue was to fuel the "Chosen one" tale, the crown also ties the King of humankind from Dark Souls 2 and ties Dark Souls 3 main quest to be the Lord of the Undead.

Also notice Gwyn is not giving his crown but crowning an "undead" not a Human to rule over something not Londo I guess. would be cool to see the four kings getting in charge of New Londo. Maybe From is retconning Gwyn to be a good buy and caring about humans after all

Blinck

How hard is ashes of andariel on NG+ for a first time? Been meaning to get it but my other characters are very low level :/

convo

I always got the idea pigmy was a female , anyway maybe the statue was to fuel the "Chosen one" tale, the crown also ties the King of humankind from Dark Souls 2 and ties Dark Souls 3 main quest to be the Lord of the Undead.

Also notice Gwyn is not giving his crown but crowning an "undead" not a Human to rule over something not Londo I guess. would be cool to see the four kings getting in charge of New Londo. Maybe From is retconning Gwyn to be a good buy and caring about humans after all

Some promo stuff a while ago said that
the ringed city was a gift from Gwyn himself to the ancestors of the pigmy. A kingdom at the edge of everything where they could presumably live in peace? The role of humanity against the Archdragons might have been downplayed too?
Cool stuff

Some promo stuff a while ago said that
the ringed city was a gift from Gwyn himself to the ancestors of the pigmy. A kingdom at the edge of everything where they could presumably live in peace? The role of humanity against the Archdragons might have been downplayed too?
Cool stuff

Cool info, those
primal humans should be pretty dangerous so Gwyn took them away from normal humans

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm so sad that I've completely burned out on Souls games. I used to get so excited every time something from From would come out. I miss those days.

That's sad. I got into From-type games with Bloodborne and now Dark Souls 3 and it makes me really excited.

Toxi

Banned
So, will I have to "get gud" at Dark Souls / DS III in order to get to where I can play both DLCs?
Ashes of Ariandel: You can access it early in the game, but I would recommend waiting until you upgrade your weapon to +7 or higher before taking it on. The final boss of the DLC is pretty damn hard.

The Ringed City: From what I know, it's only accessible close to the end of the game.

chekhonte

That's sad. I got into From-type games with Bloodborne and now Dark Souls 3 and it makes me really excited.

I started playing them with Demon's Souls. I've played every one multiple times. My peak was the first Dark Souls and I also got way more into Bloodborne more than DSII and DSIII. I hope the ringed city has great level design. I'd love for the series to go out with some top notch bosses and art direction.

Zaventem

Not only the last DLC for Dark Souls III, but also the last content we'll (presumably) be getting for the entire Dark-franchise (?).

RIP, sweet prince. Really looking forward to this (will start next Friday).

They've been making King's Field and "not King's Field" games since their inception. Expect "not Dark Souls" RPGs from them in the future.

AmyS

Almost certainly. Ashes of Andariel is a ball-buster, so I would expect no different from the new one.

Ashes of Ariandel: You can access it early in the game, but I would recommend waiting until you upgrade your weapon to +7 or higher before taking it on. The final boss of the DLC is pretty damn hard.

The Ringed City: From what I know, it's only accessible close to the end of the game.

Thanks guys, I'm tryin' to get better at this game :)

ieatzombies

I started playing them with Demon's Souls. I've played every one multiple times. My peak was the first Dark Souls and I also got way more into Bloodborne more than DSII and DSIII. I hope the ringed city has great level design. I'd love for the series to go out with some top notch bosses and art direction.

Same here. That's precisely why I'm holding off on Nioh and this for a good while until I need that fix again. Hope it does well though. Long live the Souls series

Timeaisis

Anyone know if this (and Ashes) are playable after beating the game?

I don't want (and don't have time) to pull a a Bloodborne and play the whole thing again to get to the DLC.

Milijango

I don't want (and don't have time) to pull a a Bloodborne and play the whole thing again to get to the DLC.

Ashes is quite early on (Cathedral of the Deep), but the Ringed City isn't accessible until the literal end of the game. Sorry.

Toxi

Banned

You don't have to move to NG+ after beating the game like you do in Bloodborne. So you can play both pieces of DLC after beating the game with no fuss.

If you did move to NG+... Well, Ashes is available by the Cathedral of the Deep, but the Ringed City likely requires you to reach the final boss again.

Toxi

Banned
Kaathe is apparently confirmed dead by the Japanese version of Yuria's death dialogue. No idea about Frampt.
Huh, how do you access it?
All signs point to
the bonfire outside the Flameless Shrine, the place you reach after all five lords are on their thrones and you talk to the Firekeeper.

Timeaisis

You don't have to move to NG+ after beating the game like you do in Bloodborne. So you can play both pieces of DLC after beating the game with no fuss.

If you did move to NG+... Well, Ashes is available by the Cathedral of the Deep, but the Ringed City likely requires you to reach the final boss again.

Oh good. I don't think I went NG+...I don't think.

AmyS

Huh, how do you access it?

We literally have to get really good and far into DS3 it seems, so we can play the content we buy, at least for TRC.
(and that's not a swipe at Dark Souls, that's part of the challenge, which I am okay with).

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Why? They've probably been dead for centuries at this point.

Kaathe and Frampt are the most interesting characters of all Souls games (including BB), yet the best we got in the sequels was a Kaathe namedrop and some fucking statues.
But at this point, i would settle in seeing their corpses in this DLC.

Zaventem

Kaathe and Frampt are the most interesting characters of all Souls games (including BB), yet the best we got in the sequels was a Kaathe namedrop and some fucking statues.

Couldn't be more wrong.

Well there are repeated rumours that
Kaathe's corpse is one of the things you see at the Sable Church/New Londo part of the City
and iirc, ultimately they were working for the Pygmy in some fashion?

At the very least I will be surprised if we get no lore at all.

Edit: An item description does little to convince me that Gwyn isn't the lifetime recipient of World's Worst Dad & Biggest Ego. Feels like Ringed City has the potential to shake up so much of what we know.

Top Bottom