• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III: The Ringed City - Launch Trailer

TitusTroy

I'm more hyped for this then I was for Mass Effect Andromeda...I actually held off playing Andromeda until I finish Ringed City...plus it sounds like Andromeda could use a patch or 2...From Software always delivers the goods and something that doesn't get enough credit is how their games are almost always free of any major bugs or performance issues

Just throwing it out there, if anyone is still running through the game on the PC and needs some help to beat it before next week, let me know.

I'd be down for some jolly co-op.

I'm more hyped for this then I was for Mass Effect Andromeda...I actually held off playing Andromeda until I finish Ringed City...plus it sounds like Andromeda could use a patch or 2...From Software always delivers the goods and something that doesn't get enough credit is how their games are almost always free of any major bugs or performance issues

does frame-pacing not count as performance issues?

Huh, someone on Reddit pointed out that using True Colours as a song for DS3's trailers around launch may have been foreshadowing to the objectives of Gael and the Painter Girl...

tesqui

Had to download a save file off nexus cause for some reason this game doesn't have cloud save. Hopefully this doesn't get me VAC banned or anything.

I've only seen the first trailor reveal from a couple months ago. Can't wait to play potentially the last piece of Dark Souls for the foreseeable future!

Jombie

Huh, someone on Reddit pointed out that using True Colours as a song for DS3's trailers around launch may have been foreshadowing to the objectives of Gael and the Painter Girl...

chekhonte

I feel a small ember being stoked and kindled into some primordial form of hype for this DLC.

I think I'll get it.

Just to make sure. Is there any reason to pick up the first DLC for DSIII?

TitusTroy

Yes!...the Souls games are one of the only games where the Season Pass is always worth the pickup...they never disappoint (plus you save $5 by buying the Season Pass versus buying them individually)

Kazuhira

Ringed City seems to be a direct follow-up of Ashes of Ariandel,which is a first in the series,and some characters will return by the look of it.
I guess you could skip it if you don't care about the story/lore.
Edit:I'm not saying AoA is not worth it if you're not into the lore,my first impression wasn't good but i really like it now.

Get'sMad

Sweet....was waiting on this before getting the 1st DLC so I could knock them both out at the same time.

Fired the game up for the first time in months and saw I had started some build that I had left off at around Cathedral of the Deep so I think I'll play some tonight and tomorrow and take that one into the DLCs.

Jombie

Read some of the spoilers on Reddit; happy about the bosses and length. He said there was no blue smelter equivalent, which is a plus (I oddly like blue smelter). It's going to be hard to say goodbye to the series. It's trite by now, but these games have helped me through some horrible times and given me a bit of pride when I needed it.

I really hope it delivers on the lore/story as the trailer implies. I'd honestly had enough Souls for a while and was passing on these but the trailer makes it seem like I might be missing a vital last chapter. I just hope it turns out that way. Probably gonna pick these up next month now.

Does anyone know at what time the DLC usually unlocks?

Can't wait to play this, wondering if it's unlocked in ~37h (GMT midnight), or if we have to wait until tuesday afternoon :\

Ferr986

Monday. Not sure what time.

Its 3 areas, 4 bosses. 3 mandatory, 1 optional. Roughly 2x length of AotA, give or take personal preference and skill.

Confirmed or based on that old rumors?

Also this counts the
bonfire at Friede's arena? because that could be even another stage

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Oooh I'm all giddy over getting to replay the game with performance patches + two dlcs :D wieeee

Confirmed or based on that old rumors?

Also this counts the
bonfire at Friede's arena? because that could be even another stage

Confirmed.

Areas we know are
Dreg Heap
and
The Ringed City
but there's an optional area that they are not allowed to talk about until the embargo lifts tomorrow.

Edit: Also recc level is 80-100, and the person started at 100, finished at 115. Also never felt too OP, but obviously YMMV. I feel like my cosplay Friede is gonna have fun but get wrecked with a lack of defenses.

Gaplanet

twice the length of Artorias of the Abyss??...that's a pretty good length for a DLC...sounds like it compares favorably to the Old Hunters DLC (Bloodborne) in terms of length

Don't want to be the destroyer of dreams but at least the one guy in reddit said TRC to be 2x the length of AoA, meaning Ashes of Ariandel, not Artorias of the Abyss.

Soriku

I honestly feel like the Painted World of Ariandel has the best level design of the game.

Yeah the design was pretty good, the hate is overblown.

Don't want to be the destroyer of dreams but at least the one guy in reddit said TRC to be 2x the length of AoA, meaning Ashes of Ariandel, not Artorias of the Abyss.

So 8+ hours I guess for me give or take.

Huh, was 99% sure they said Artorias. I know multiple people went into a reddit thread having beaten it for reviews. Longer than Ariandel is good at least, and for a tough DLC it'll probably take me quite a while, Ariandel took me 2 1/2 hours (maybe 3) first time so if this is 5-6+ that'll be very good.

Also is it releasing at 10am-12pm CET tomorrow or am I mis-understanding the Bamco reps? Is that just the patch?

Gaplanet

Yeah twice the boss count and length of AoA sounds nice. Hope the bosses are good and hard and not some Gravetender tier BS.
Also heard no Blue Smelter kind of re-skins, which is awesome.
We should go with a BANG with this last Dark Souls experience in a (big) while or maybe ever.

I was rewatching the trailer and I wonder if they showed all the bosses there.

3 are obvious, but I think the dude that appears at 1:50 is also a strong possibility.

Plum

Got both this and Ashes of Ariendel to enjoy before Persona 5 comes out. Hope this leaves the Souls series on a high note.

Whales

Banned
I really dont understand the hate ariandel gets

it was a very good piece of dlc imo... Didnt feel too short at all, and was fun to play through

-Horizon-

I feel a small ember being stoked and kindled into some primordial form of hype for this DLC.

I think I'll get it.

I think the first dlc connects story wise with this one.

Otherwise, I didn't really find it that good.

Obscura

I was rewatching the trailer and I wonder if they showed all the bosses there.

3 are obvious, but I think the dude that appears at 1:50 is also a strong possibility.

All four are shown.

I agree with the positive AoA comments. Definitely a worthy addition to the game.

HYDE

Banned
I really dont understand the hate ariandel gets

it was a very good piece of dlc imo... Didnt feel too short at all, and was fun to play through

I don't either, it was great. And, it was common knowledge that it was a one of two dlc set. Old Hunters and Artorias of the Abyss were just considered better because they combined their content into one complete dlc.

The Crowns dlcs if weighed individually would be scorned as well, but people weigh them together as one whole.

Lakitu

st5fu
Man, some of the stuff being posted on Reddit is fascinating.

Major area spoiler:
apparently the press haven't been able to access a hidden area. Apparently it says to 'show your humanity'.

horkrux

The Crowns dlcs if weighed individually would be scorned as well, but people weigh them together as one whole.

There are no would-bes, since they were once weighted individually when they first came out. I played them each as soon as they were released and they still offered a way better package than this first DLC.

TitusTroy

I was playing now and received a message that the servers would be going down for maintenance in 30 minutes...was this scheduled?

Man...i hope Ringed is longer than Ashes because that's quite disappointing both from a quality and quantity POV..

Also, i'm not sure why...but the undead match PvP just ain't working for me in terms of 'feel'....it just seems so 'pointless'.

Man, some of the stuff being posted on Reddit is fascinating.

Major area spoiler:
apparently the press haven't been able to access a hidden area. Apparently it says to 'show your humanity'.

Yeah, Vaati took 10hrs of taking notes and trying random things before he solved it. Someone claimed its
Londor
and acts like a lore dump.

I was playing now and received a message that the servers would be going down for maintenance in 30 minutes...was this scheduled?

Patch is due at 10am-12pm CET, so yes? Still hoping they just unlock it

Jingo

I don't either, it was great. And, it was common knowledge that it was a one of two dlc set. Old Hunters and Artorias of the Abyss were just considered better because they combined their content into one complete dlc.

Yep, i can imagine if the old hunters was devided it would probably end after living failures, its a great dlc, but not a very big one either if you consider its two dlcs put together.

Top Bottom