• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III: The Ringed City |OT| One Last Journey

How this DLC is making me feel right now.
giphy.gif

So they just used the same voice actor? Meh.
I mean, I don't see why they'd have him exist twice. Patches is a joke character that exists in every souls game (except 2, but including Bloodborne) and has no lore significance so there's really no reason for him to be in the Ringed City. It would make even less sense than the fact that he was in both dark souls 1 and 3. He's pretty much the same as the Moonlight Greatsword in that respect.
And I'm sure he'd never put on some armour and pretend to be someone else...
I doubt From would go to that extent to make a joke character relevant. That's oversaturation. He's already had the lengthiest part in a game that he's had in Dark Souls III, there's no incentive to further that. It also again, makes less sense than him existing in all games. Because he would've had to steal someone else's armor in addition to time traveling, and Lapp just doesn't seem like that kind of humorous character, nor do I see From going to that extent to make him relevant again.

Impressions so far.

Damn, they are great at world building. Things look amazing, and I want to explore everything.

Hmm, seem to be forcing me to keep moving. Can't really stop to smell the roses.

Stop. Just fucking stop.

Seriously, stop pushing me forward, shooting all that shit.

Another motherfucking
poison
area?

Metal Gear Souls.

Downloading now found it on PSN. I don't really understand why it doesn't prompt you to download it when you start the game, it's so eager to get you to download patches but not content you've paid for? Oh well. I'll have a quick blast tonight and then get stuck in tomorrow!

Lol at the first boss

First tried the first phase just barely, ready to use my adrenaline for celebration

Nope, second phase

w3bba

yeah it released 2 hours ago in germany. played it a bit. liking it, but
fuck those angels, like seriously, what kind of cheap bullshit is this

Gbraga

Will the fucking sentinel thing go away later on? I really want to explore, get the items and shit, but it's kind of annoying.

Just beat the first boss in one try, but I just barely scraped by at SL 120 on NG. Area leading up to it is also immensely difficult. I died twice in the whole Ariandel DLC, but I've already died 6 times just getting this far.

This feels like some Old Hunters-level stuff.

Will the fucking sentinel thing go away later on? I really want to explore, get the items and shit, but it's kind of annoying.

Destroy the bodies in the cocoons, the flying laser guys are just avatars of them

Really, those guys are terribly designed. Especially if you put them in an area where you can't hide behind cover.

Dying in an area devoid of fun, and then I get that DLC content popup again and get booted from the game. Yeah, I'm questioning if it's even worth pushing through, and I love this series. There is a point that goes to far IMO.

ToKre

came to post that
my guess is the guy with the armor is 100% patches

but i see everyone has the same idea already lol.

Was playing through Ashes earlier and got a crash to desktop during a load screen.

Yeah looks like it'll be a while until I get to this DLC lol (only level 77).

It feels fitting that my first death was to gravity trying to inch around a ledge in bow mode trying to cheese the
laser angel
. Classic souls!

Oh and rapier has to be the worst weapon to start this DLC with. The crawling enemies right at the start are the kind you have to angle the camera down on in hope that you will connect with them. I'm sure to everyone else they're nothing but gnats but for rapier users they're an annoyance.

I've had enough for tonight (this morning!) though, looking forward to diving in tomorrow and drowning in salt from the difficulty of everything hitting like a truck!

ToKre

is there anything i can to
the "angel" thingy because my arrows aren't hitting her and she just ruins everything i try to do

Hikami

Fist boss question

So uh.. can bosses be resistant to fire? My pyromancies aren't doing shit. My +2 onyx blade was doing more damage than my +10 flame..

So apparently From cut this armor set from the DLC

1f8efdb234.jpg

It was suppsoed to be for (non cut content spoilers)
a Silver Knight invader (ie, Kirk) called Ledo. Guy is in there with his own weapon and all, just uses Silver Knight armor lol

From plz.

Aurongel

Wow, so I copied my save from My Documents to a backup directory and now only New Game shows up in the menu :(

I am not restarting this shit from scratch.

Aurongel

You sure you didn't hit Ctrl+X instead of C?

IDK, but what I know is Reddit is already mad a it :p Poor Kimmundi... (He's our last hope)

That was my first thought, I copied (didn't cut) it to a new directory, loaded the game and now Load Game is missing.

Cannot believe this.

MikeBison

Fuck. Going into this ng++ is tough. I'm around lvl130 I think? Seem to remember diminishing returns before I stopped playing anyway.

That big dude right near the starting area fucked me up until I tried a plunging attack... was pleasantly surprised.

It's good to be back, but damn it feels slow after Nioh and Nier and that I'm locked into every decision on a move I make for about 3 years.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So apparently From cut this armor set from the DLC

1f8efdb234.jpg

It was suppsoed to be for (non cut content spoilers)
a Silver Knight invader (ie, Kirk) called Ledo. Guy is in there with his own weapon and all, just uses Silver Knight armor lol

From plz.

It's time for some new patches

Jombie

They add armor from DS2 but go out of their way to cut that. I seriously question their decision making sometimes.

Top Bottom