• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III: The Ringed City |OT| One Last Journey

First impressions:

Is fucking awesome, hard, but awesome. Just the first area is so tightly designed. Love the verticality.

Got the the first boss, got owned hard so now time to go to sleep.

Hikami

Whew, fist boss down. Barely made it.

That boss soul weapon.. I am a happy pyromancer :D
Please be good.

Final(?) boss beaten, first try, zero flasks left.

Only one person left to go see...

Edit: (Ending Spoilers)
And that's it. Adriandel is burning, the Painter has the Blood of the Dark Soul, and the series is finally over. A really fitting end that seemed to answer most of the questions I had about the lore.

Ellite25

Steam randomly delete my game after I tried to install an update. Do you think it deleted my save? If so I'm gonna be pissed.

convo

Yo the lothric knight greatshield is doing wonders right now against what seemed like bullshit. I am lore-ing so hard right now and i haven't even got that far yet.

jonjonaug

The final boss of the DLC has a lot of HP...

Anyone know where I can find the path to the optional boss? I've
knocked the dragon down into the chasm, but I can't find the "knight not bearing arms" to look behind to find the path to fight it proper

The final boss of the DLC has a lot of HP...

Anyone know where I can find the path to the optional boss? I've
knocked the dragon down into the chasm, but I can't find the "knight not bearing arms" to look behind to find the path to fight it proper

Check the
elevator near the Gwyn statue.

I just finished the optional boss now, and it has more HP than the final boss. It's only one I couldn't beat on my first try. 707 physical AR barely scratches it.

jb1234

just fired up the DLC on steam... what is up with the framerate!@!!

its really bad... anyone experiencing similar problems

Lots and lots and lots of complaints about fps on the forums. I tried the new area and also experienced a lot of slowdown (and died at the very group of enemies).

So the download finished on PS4, but doesn't become playable for 2 hours 42 minutes.

I'm in central time.

edit:

I went to the store under the more options for DS3.

even there it only shows me the time till its available. It doesnt let me download it.

I'm struggling on final boss and optional boss NG++

Optional boss was actually really easy on my second try, moreso than the first and final bosses:
Run right at him to bait him into the double slam attack, which he always follows up with a breath attack that leaves his tail vulnerable. I was able to get two hits in with Yhorm's Machete each time, finished the fight with 11 flasks intact.

My only major gripe with this DLC, Miyazaki is in full troll mode when it comes to lore buffs and the
Primordial Serpents. There are so many tantalizing references to them, yet no true appearances.

Guess some mysteries will never be solved.

Goldboy

Glad to hear everyone's enjoying it. I'm staying up a bit late tonight to play an hour or two of this when it unlocks in a couple hours.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Glad to hear everyone's enjoying it. I'm staying up a bit late tonight to play an hour or two of this when it unlocks in a couple hours.

Cheers. Everyone should do this.

I firmly believe schools and employers should accept the end of Dark Souls as a valid reason for time off. It's basically a religious exemption.

Optional boss was actually really easy on my second try, moreso than the first and final bosses:
Run right at him to bait him into the double slam attack, which he always follows up with a breath attack that leaves his tail vulnerable. I was able to get two hits in with Yhorm's Machete each time, finished the fight with 11 flasks intact.

My only major gripe with this DLC, Miyazaki is in full troll mode when it comes to lore buffs and the
Primordial Serpents. There are so many tantalizing references to them, yet no true appearances.

Guess some mysteries will never be solved.

Well, it's already been confirmed through the direct Japanese translation that
Kaathe is dead
so I'd assume that
Frampt
is too.

Hikami

Think that's enough for me for tonight. Very good first impression so far. Might drop my pyro build and respec to something else though, these new weapons are pretty tempting.

Massicot

This DLC is far better than the first, but it's nothing that's super remarkable either. Though the Spears of the Church Covenant is the standout:

Spoilers for the Second Required Boss:
The second required boss is Halflight, Spear of the Church. He's basically an NPC fight, and isn't super remarkable. BUT. Instead of him getting summoned, a player in the Spear of the Church Covenant can be summoned instead. Ranking up the covenant gets you more items to use in the fight. So the whole thing is players trying to block other players from finishing the dlc. It's a nice concept that rhymes with Old Monk or maybe Mirror Knight so it's cool to see it return.

Also Angel type enemies are the worst. They are a pretty big blemish on this DLC, IMO. You'll all see why.

The optional fight is pretty damn cool. It might just be outside my top 5 for Souls bosses.

Well, it's already been confirmed through the direct Japanese translation that
Kaathe is dead
so I'd assume that
Frampt
is too.

True, but when I think about what they're responsible for, can we really believe any of that without seeing it with our own eyes?

It's totally possible that
Kaathe manipulated Yuria and the church into thinking he was dead
to further their desperation. After all, in DS1
the serpents were totally invincible in the final game, though they did have death animations hidden in the files.

The second area is so, so much better. Well, all the level/world design is brilliant so far, but they throw so much shit at you (projectiles for days) in the first part, that it really soured my outlook on it. I must have missed a shortcut, because I barely made it to the next bonfire in area two. That was intense.

This is probably the first content in the game that I feel like my longsword isn't cutting it (har har). The damage just seems really low, so I switched to the Hollowslayer Greatsword, and yeah, much better.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
This is probably the first content in the game that I feel like my longsword isn't cutting it (har har). The damage just seems really low, so I switched to the Hollowslayer Greatsword, and yeah, much better.

Longsword long sword or something like Lothric Knight Sword? If it's Lothric's, I might jump out the nearest window.

Longsword long sword or something like Lothric Knight Sword? If it's Lothric's, I might jump out the nearest window.

Refined Longsword. I mean, I beat the first area with it, it's still a straight sword (so it's good), but I really felt the low damage output on the boss.

burgerdog

This is tougher than I thought with my level 65 character. I didn't have anywhere near this amount of trouble in Ashes. Should be back to regular form in a few hours, that rust is real.

Massicot

This is tougher than I thought with my level 65 character. I didn't have anywhere near this amount of trouble in Ashes. Should be back to regular form in a few hours, that rust is real.

Oh wow. I heard it's designed for 100+ on NG. So you're definitely playing on hard mode.

burgerdog

Oh wow. I heard it's designed for 100+ on NG. So you're definitely playing on hard mode.

I can believe it, I'm getting 2-shot by most enemies and the hardest enemy is the crashes. I had maybe five crashes on pc with 111 hours played and I've had 3 in 1 hour just now.

Jumping out window averted...for now.

Well, damage is probably similar for them. I think the Broadsword and Longsword actually have near the highest damage with a 40/40 build. The first boss must just have a bunch more health than anything in the vanilla game or DLC1.

BizzyBum

First area was pretty great.
Loved the falling sequences.

Enemy spoiler:
Do you get anything cool if you kill the flying creature that chucks lightning spears at you?

Zurick

Banned
Anyone got a few moments to help me defeat the last boss of ashes so I can get into the new dlc? SL52 Steam = zuricksaves (hand drawn optimis profile pic)

Top Bottom