• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III: The Ringed City |OT| One Last Journey

Ellite25

Fuck,
I thought I had the first boss finished and then he turned into his second form and started raining down fireballs of death lol awesome fight, but it is long and tough for sure.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Well, damage is probably similar for them. I think the Broadsword and Longsword actually have near the highest damage with a 40/40 build. The first boss must just have a bunch more health than anything in the vanilla game or DLC1.

Depending on what 40/40 means for you, I might just cry myself to sleep tonight.

BizzyBum

Hm, I haven't played this in awhile so I'm wondering what I should level up for a standard sword and shield knight build?

My current stats are:

SL 106
Vigor - 30
Attunement - 10
Endurance - 30
Vitality - 20
Strength - 40
Dexterity - 40
Intelligence - 9
Faith - 9
Luck - 7

Gbraga

Maybe it's just the fact that I'm on NG+3, but I'm really not enjoying the amount of things that seem to be designed to make you run past it. Five billion projectiles, one million fat dudes. I think it's the first time I've ever skipped enemies on my first playthrough of a Souls game.

The first boss was amazing, though.

EasyMode

The first boss is pretty great.

Instead of progressing, I've just been co-oping this boss for the past hour. I put my sign down, and in half a second I'm being summoned.

Neptonic

Is there anything in here lore wise that will make a person who's going to pick up DS3 in like 3 months and is about to finish DS1 for the first time get super hyped? Like Super Best Friends levels of hype about story stuff?

Toxi

Banned
Is there anything in here lore wise that will make a person who's going to pick up DS3 in like 3 months and is about to finish DS1 for the first time get super hyped? Like Super Best Friends levels of hype about story stuff?
Depends. Did you meet Kaathe?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
It warms the cockles of my heart to browse GAF and Reddit and see all these positive comments. It's still early, but exciting all the same. Can't wait to see impressions and lore speculations flood in once more people finish it.

Personally, I'm a bit bummed because I won't be able to play properly during launch week. I want to sit down and pick through it slowly, listening to dialogue line by line and soaking in the implications of the environments and knowledge gleamed from items, etc.

Ideally, I'd like people to share this experience with me; people who appreciate the same aspects of these games; people to bounce ideas around with. If anyone's interested, I can post when I have a better streaming schedule outlook, or at least keep the archive on YouTube.

I realise there are a lot of popular streamers and v-loggers out there who are already blasting through, and I have no hope (or intention) of catching up. So if anyone would prefer to take a more thorough, in-depth look as things progress then I hope to try and fill that tiny niche.

convo

If you finish DS1 and also mention the super best friends then yes i would be getting hyoe for what is in store.
This dlc sure has a lot more weapons than the first dlc right from the start.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The city doesn't give you a fucking break.

"Oh good I managed to go through this stuff part now maybe I can find a bon-- OH C'MON"

Aurongel

I manually copied my save out of that directory and that was enough to corrupt it. Now I'm playing through the game again with a premade SL100 character.

Unbelievable that this doesn't use Steam Cloud.

Shout out to From for taking a huge risk, going against the mainstream COD market that dominated that era, and making one of the greatest RPGs of all time. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm a huge fan, but damn it do I respect these guys.

convo

Someone tell me if i can
talk to this giant guy who summons ghosts at me, so i don't have to worry about directly atttacking him.

xclk07

Anyone on for PS4? I got the unlock notification and it says "installed", but the title screen doesn't give me The Ringed City name in the top left and there's no bonfire at Friede's. :-(

Gbraga

Alright, I think I'm close to the second boss, and that's it for tonight.

I'm really not feeling the level and encounter design. Maybe I'm just resisting change, but I'm honestly not liking it at all. I need to try it on regular NG after that to see how it goes, maybe it's better.

The first boss was amazing though, so I'm very excited to fight the rest. I'm not sure I even care about the lore anymore.

Big Chungus

dumb questions but is there a borderless window fix for the game and if there is, is it allowed or would i be banned for "cheating"?

neoism

damn alot of ppl on reddit are saying they bonefire isnt spawning and even if they get it to spawn they get stuck in a loading screen.... �� on ps4...

tonypark

Stayed up late to play. Stuck on loading screen... tryed couple of things.
Deleted the game and reinstalling... hopefully that works...

Ferr986

How in the fuck I should survive against the
angel
at the
Earthen Peak
?

I know how they work but I can't search for the
maggot
while he goes absolutely bananas against me.

I'm really not feeling the level and encounter design. Maybe I'm just resisting change, but I'm honestly not liking it at all. I need to try it on regular NG after that to see how it goes, maybe it's better.

The first boss was amazing though, so I'm very excited to fight the rest. I'm not sure I even care about the lore anymore.

I'm loving the level design, but in many ways, the encounters are as bad as I feared. I had a feeling they were going to continue throwing projectiles and homing crap at you, and just have enemies taking up every square inch of the level. I don't think I'll ever come around to actually enjoying running around the first area on replays.

I love everything else about it. The world they've created here has smashed any expectations I had. Wow.

fastmower

That must suck.

Whales

Banned
these angels are pretty much ''I don't want you to have fun in this dlc''

talk about making enemies that fucking stop you from exploring... smh

Fhtagn

I don't have the bonfire at the
kiln
and I haven't beaten AoA, what gives?

I've rebooted my PS4, it says Ringed City on the title page... so I have to summon help and clear AoA to move on?

damn alot of ppl on reddit are saying they bonefire isnt spawning and even if they get it to spawn they get stuck in a loading screen.... �� on ps4...

Uh oh.

EDIT: I warped away and back again and the bonfire appeared. If anyone else has this happen try that I guess.

convo

I'm a bit after th first boss and these enemies have been a huge step up. I got a better understanding of what the first dlc was about lore wise and i am liking where this is going.
I think so far the message i get from this dlc is that "it's ok to cheese it and use everything at your disposal to win", i found out tactics to circumvent some asshole enemies. It's fantastic how deliberate everything is and i'm only just starting to fight the new super badasses in town.

convo

these angels are pretty much ''I don't want you to have fun in this dlc''

talk about making enemies that fucking stop you from exploring... smh

I thought so too but then i got rid of them and had fun exploring.
My tactic was to hide where they couldn't shoot me and when they use
the curse aura
they can't do anything else so you book it to the next corner they can't see you. Getting rid of them one by one makes it so much less of a pain.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Not surprised by the negative vibe in the topic. It is Dark Souls III DLC. No matter how people want to pretend it's a beloved game...I'll see for myself when I get there with my build of choice. Ashes was fantastic IMO, so I expect to love it. Dark Souls III and Bloodborne best Souls game. YOLO!

Astra

I just finished it and am thoroughly underwhelmed.

At least the scenery is nice, and I really enjoyed two of the bosses.

I did enjoy it much more than Ashes, though. Actually, my only real complaint about Ashes was it was way too short.

Whales

Banned
anyone can tell me where the fuck is that angel
body
in the (1st bonfire)
earthen peak ruins?
I searched for 30 mins and I cant find it... im getting tired of getting fucked by these assholes

nvm found them, much more manageable now

jb1234

Really unhappy with the performance of the DLC on my rig. I had issues with the first DLC too but nothing like this. It bounces back and forth between 30-60 fps, depending on the area. Makes playing it extremely difficult, especially against bigger monsters. I'd wait for patches but I don't have a lot of confidence in From when it comes to this area.

Top Bottom