• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)

Sanctuary

It's amazing just how shitty playing at 30fps is. For whatever reason, I have to keep turning the FPS unlock off though just to make the jump over
the broken bridge at Sen's Fortress as well as the jump off the cliff after the elevator that allows you to get back to the Undead Asylum
. I don't know if it's just a collision issue, or if it's a matter of me simply having been used to the PS3 timing, where I only ever failed those jumps once, and then never again. If I'm playing at 60fps though, it's more like a 90% fail rate. Anyone else have this issue, or is it just me? Aside from those jumps, and some wonky shit with the Toxic dragon, playing this game at 60fps makes it feel sooooo much better.

Orayn

It's amazing just how shitty playing at 30fps is. For whatever reason, I have to keep turning the FPS unlock off though just to make the jump over
the broken bridge at Sen's Fortress as well as the jump off the cliff after the elevator that allows you to get back to the Undead Asylum
. I don't know if it's just a collision issue, or if it's a matter of me simply having been used to the PS3 timing, where I only ever failed those jumps once, and then never again. If I'm playing at 60fps though, it's more like a 90% fail rate. Anyone else have this issue, or is it just me? Aside from those jumps, and some wonky shit with the Toxic dragon, playing this game at 60fps makes it feel sooooo much better.

Running at 60 affects the game's physics slightly, causing you to fall faster. Just set up a key to toggle the framerate limit for those specific areas.

Gvaz

Banned

It's an issue with both collision detection and animations affecting distance traveled and stuff. It's because it was never meant to go above 30fps and everything is coded to that (lazy man's way of coding when dealing with limited resources)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

In 60fps your jumps are slightly shorter, you run slightly slower, and you roll slightly shorter.

L Thammy

Just want to thank Durante for allowing my new laptop to run Dark Souls at a passable framerate.

0EGVizQ.jpg

Hz19mqa.jpg

UQQVgzD.jpg

ja6h2qf.jpg

pkSQvy3.jpg

hScIaQk.jpg

I think your laptop is running it about as much as a PS3 or less.

Depends on the rendering resolution set in dsfix.ini lol. Anything above 1024x720 is already surpassing the PS3's image quality lol. I've got it set to 1600x900p on my own ancient POS laptop and get 30 - 40 FPS which is great for the specs I'm running it on.

Also, L Thammy, don't forget to unlock that framerate for better performance gains. Probably the biggest gamechanger in the mod, without it, the game goes down to 15 FPS when slowdowns occur, and they most definitely will on a laptop in certain areas.

I think the framerate lock is actually vsync, as I notice some tearing with it unlocked.

You can still have a better triple buffered vsync with the framerate unlocked by using D3DOverrider. It's also a much better option since the framerate is variable and doesn't plunge down to ridiculous numbers and you still get the benefits from vsync (no tearing).

In 60fps your jumps are slightly shorter, you run slightly slower, and you roll slightly shorter.

What? This is the first time i read this... and i was so close to buy that game on PC to play it with 60fps... that's kind of a deal breaker for me. You have to run it in 30 to keep everything as it was intended by the devs?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What? This is the first time i read this... and i was so close to buy that game on PC to play it with 60fps... that's kind of a deal breaker for me. You have to run it in 30 to keep everything as it was intended by the devs?
Nah, you can play at 60 FPS, but toggle it to 30 FPS for those two jumps, by pressing backspace.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, pretty much. It's a minuscule frame difference (I'm not nearly technical enough to explain it) that makes you miss those jumps by a hair. For the rest of the game it's not noticeable.

Hitting backspace to toggle the FPS is really trivial. I highly recommend the PC Durante version, totally worth it especially if you haven't played it at all.

Sanctuary

But why only for those two jumps? So gameplay properties are not changed (even slightly) everywhere else in the game when running it in 60? I'm confused.

There are also a handful of ladders that you definitely do not want to slide down, because you will fall through time and space for about 20 - 30s until you die. Not every ladder does this though. I don't believe any in
Blighttown
have this problem, although it actually might just be random when it actually happens.

I've put close to 200 hours in it already on 360 and i'm kinda sensitive to timing moves/attacks etc. I think i still buy it again and play it with constant 30 (which would be a big enhancement already over some areas in the 360 version) but when i hear things like rolling is shorter then i immediately think about how it could affect the gameplay in a negative way. Maybe i just worry too much.

Sanctuary

I've put close to 200 hours in it already on 360 and i'm kinda sensitive to timing moves/attacks etc. I think i still buy it again and play it with constant 30 (which would be a big enhancement already over some areas in the 360 version) but when i hear things like rolling is shorter then i immediately think about how it could affect the gameplay in a negative way. Maybe i just worry too much.

On the note of the 360; I have no idea how anyone can play this game with the 360 controller and enjoy it. I prefer plenty of games with the 360 controller, but this is definitely not one of them. The bumpers just feel way too high up and the triggers are completely unweildy for attacks and parries.

I'm not noticing run speed being any different at all. Unless we're talking milliseconds here, using a stopwatch gives me the same outcomes at either 30fps or 60fps. I also don't see any difference at all for rolling distance, but what might actually have been altered slightly would be the i-frames, because I swear I get hit more than I remember while rolling. Can't really argue about jump distance since I've been having problems with that, but it seems more like it's a collision issue than the actual distance, because you can easily measure jump distance in game and it looks identical.

Regardless, there's too many pros compared to cons playing it at 60fps, and if you have a system that can do it, you should. If anything, timing is easier on most things, not worse.

sfried

I'm still sorta split between DSfix's implementation of AA. On one hand, SMAA does indeed look sharper, however there is still some ailiasing going on. On the other hand, FXAA is very effective at eliminating all sorts of jaggedness, but I've read it tends to make textures blurrier.

Though with FXAA you don't get the shimmering edge effect that you get sometimes with SMAA.

A savegame question, on 360 the game saved automatically and if i want to fight a boss more than once i rely on getting summoned... a lot of waiting basically. Can i reload on pc to fight a boss over and over again if i chose to? How? (i don't care for souls or farming, just the fight itself)

Kaleinc

Banned
A savegame question, on 360 the game saved automatically and if i want to fight a boss more than once i rely on getting summoned... a lot of waiting basically. Can i reload on pc to fight a boss over and over again if i chose to? How? (i don't care for souls or farming, just the fight itself)

I heard you can exit the game through the menu before the fog wall or even when at boss arena while you are still alive. Then backup/restore the save file until satisfied.

Hi folks, I got a new monitor and decided to jump back in and finally finish, but I'm having some banding/lines issues that I think *might* be dsfix related... I'm hoping there's a simple solution.

Here are some reference pics that clearly show the issue:

(on his back)

(all over, but the pillars are the most jarring)

My dsfix settings are here:

Code:
###############################################################################
# Graphics Options

# internal rendering resolution of the game
# higher values will decrease performance
renderWidth 1920
renderHeight 1080

# The display width/height
# 0 means use the same resolution as renderWidth/Height
# (use for downscaling - if in doubt, leave at 0)
presentWidth 0
presentHeight 0

############# Anti Aliasing

# AA toggle and quality setting
# 0 = off (best performance, worst IQ)
# 1 = low 
# 2 = medium
# 3 = high
# 4 = ultra (worst performance, best IQ)
aaQuality 3

# AA type
# either "SMAA" or "FXAA"
aaType SMAA

############# Ambient Occlusion

# Enable and set the strength of the SSAO effect (all 3 settings have the same performance impact!)
# 0 = off
# 1 = low
# 2 = medium
# 3 = high
ssaoStrength 1

# Set SSAO scale
# 1 = high quality (default)
# 2 = lower quality, lower impact on performance
# 3 = lowest quality, lowest impact on performance
ssaoScale 1

# Determine the type of AO used
# "VSSAO" = Volumetric SSAO (default, only option pre-1.9)
# "HBAO" = Horizon-Based Ambient Occlusion
# "SCAO" = VSSAO + HBAO
# "VSSAO2" = Volumetric SSAO with more samples (tweaked by Asmodean)
# VSSAO and  HBAO types have a slightly different effect. and similar performance
# SCAO combines both, with a higher performance impact
# VSSAO2 is generally more accurate, but also requires more performance
ssaoType VSSAO

############# Depth of field

# Depth of Field resolution override, possible values:
# 0 = no change from default (DoF pyramid starts at 512x360)
# 540 = DoF pyramid starts at 960x540
# 810 = DoF pyramid starts at 1440x810
# 1080 = DoF pyramid starts at 1920x1080
# 2160 = DoF pyramid starts at 3840x2160
# higher values will decrease performance
# do NOT set this to the same value as your vertical rendering resolution!
dofOverrideResolution 540

# Depth of Field scaling override (NOT RECOMMENDED)
# 0 = DoF scaling enabled (default, recommended)
# 1 = DoF scaling disabled (sharper, worse performance, not as originally intended)
disableDofScaling 0

# Depth of field additional blur
# allows you to use high DoF resolutions and still get the originally intended effect
# suggested values:
# o (off) at default DoF resolution
# 0 or 1 at 540 DoF resolution
# 1 or 2 above that
# 3 or 4 at 2160 DoF resolution (if you're running a 680+)
dofBlurAmount 1

############# Framerate

# Enable variable framerate (up to 60)
# NOTE:
# - this requires in-memory modification of game code, and may get you banned from GFWL
# - there may be unintended side-effects in terms of gameplay
# - you need a very powerful system (especially CPU) in order to maintain 60 FPS
# - in some  instances, collision detection may fail. Avoid sliding down ladders
# Use this at your own risk!
# 0 = no changes to game code
# 1 = unlock the frame rate
unlockFPS 0

# FPS limit, only used with unlocked framerate
# do not set this much higher than 60, this will lead to various issues with the engine
FPSlimit 60

# FPS threshold
# DSfix will dynamically disable AA if your framerate drops below this value 
#  and re-enable it once it has normalized (with a bit of hysteresis thresholding)
FPSthreshold 28

############# Filtering

# texture filtering override
# 0 = no change 
# 1 = enable some bilinear filtering (use only if you need it!)
# 2 = full AF override (may degrade performance)
# if in doubt, leave this at 0
filteringOverride 0

# HUD options

# Enable HUD modifications
# 0 = off (default) - none of the options below will do anything!
# 1 = on
enableHudMod 1

# Remove the weapon icons from the HUD 
# (you can see which weapons you have equipped from your character model)
enableMinimalHud 1

# Scale down HuD, examples:
# 1.0 = original scale
# 0.75 = 75% of the original size
hudScaleFactor 0.75

# Set opacity for different elements of the HUD
# 1.0 = fully opaque
# 0.0 = fully transparent
# Top left: health bars, stamina bar, humanity counter, status indicators
hudTopLeftOpacity 0.8f
# Bottom left: item indicators & counts
hudBottomLeftOpacity 0.75f
# Bottom right: soul count 
hudBottomRightOpacity 0.5f

If it matters, I'm running VSync through D3DOverrider, have in-game AA off (as per Durante's instructions), and am running all this on a 7950 with current drivers.

Thoughts? Could it be AA? SSAO? Borderless window? I'm at a loss :/

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm not noticing run speed being any different at all.

The difference is small but it's totally there.

I recorded this gif at 30fps but it was rendered at 60fps and I toggled to 30fps back and forth a few times.

dark_souls_run_by_aloo81-d72ge3j.gif

You can see the difference in the GIF when they're both recorded at the same framerate.

The thing with the frame rate unlock is that there are absolutely differences but most people won't notice them except for a few glaring exceptions, and in those cases the fix is easy (just toggle it off really quickly then toggle it back.)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
how did you creat that character?

The detailed editor in the game lets you do some wild stuff.

Hi folks, I got a new monitor and decided to jump back in and finally finish, but I'm having some banding/lines issues that I think *might* be dsfix related... I'm hoping there's a simple solution.

Here are some reference pics that clearly show the issue:

(on his back)

(all over, but the pillars are the most jarring)

Yep! It happens, it's not unique to you. It's just weird like that.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
On the note of the 360; I have no idea how anyone can play this game with the 360 controller and enjoy it. I prefer plenty of games with the 360 controller, but this is definitely not one of them. The bumpers just feel way too high up and the triggers are completely unweildy for attacks and parries.
Oh, I agree so much with this. I used a 360 controller for my PC gaming because it was easier to setup than the DS3, but once I got Dark Souls PTD edition, I was so used to the PS3 controls (having hundreds of hours in both this game and Demon's Souls) that it felt really off, wrong, even. I settled for using crappy software like MotioninJoy (I know there's an alternative out there but I've been lazy) to emulate the 360 controller with my DS3 now, and I can't go back.

Sanctuary

The difference is small but it's totally there.

I recorded this gif at 30fps but it was rendered at 60fps and I toggled to 30fps back and forth a few times.

dark_souls_run_by_aloo81-d72ge3j.gif

You can see the difference in the GIF when they're both recorded at the same framerate.

The thing with the frame rate unlock is that there are absolutely differences but most people won't notice them except for a few glaring exceptions, and in those cases the fix is easy (just toggle it off really quickly then toggle it back.)

Honestly that gif isn't showing me what you want me to see. All I see is that one looks smoother than another, while the other looks "laggy". Instead of recording a 60fps video at 30fps, just get a stopwatch and run from one end of Anor Londo to the other in the early section near the campfire.
Kill off the four knights and then run from one wall to the other.
. I'd be very surprised if there's even one second of difference between timing at 30fps and 60fps.

I will however say that jumping and rolling is entirely odd. I think it was you that said that jumping and rolling were also affected, but I did not see any difference at all when measuring them (use floor tiles). However, there's a ridiculous difference when running and jumping from a high ledge for some reason. Just like the two jumps I mentioned in a previous post, that jump in the
Undead Burg where you have to run off the roof of a house to land on the broken bridge/walkway section of the house next to it
has an insane difference. I had to try it probably ten times at 60fps and when I made it, it was just barely. At 30fps though, I went sailing through the air and almost landed in the room. It's really strange.

Glad the toggle was mentioned previously though, because I had no idea about it and just use it where it's needed...which isn't really too much. On a sidenote; I'm going to cry if DS2 PC is natively capped at 30fps and we have to wait on *someone* to fix From's game again. It really is hard to go back to 30fps, because the difference is drastic.

Oh, I agree so much with this. I used a 360 controller for my PC gaming because it was easier to setup than the DS3, but once I got Dark Souls PTD edition, I was so used to the PS3 controls (having hundreds of hours in both this game and Demon's Souls) that it felt really off, wrong, even. I settled for using crappy software like MotioninJoy (I know there's an alternative out there but I've been lazy) to emulate the 360 controller with my DS3 now, and I can't go back.

Use this. I found this a few days ago after getting SICK of Motioninjoy randomly disconnecting while playing. These drivers are vastly superior and you don't have to fuck with installing them every time once you set it up. You just need to uninstall them (very easy) if you want to use a 360 pad for something. I've also never bothered trying bluetooth with Motioninjoy yet, but from everything I've read so far it's not good to bother with. These drivers do not have any issues with that. Use the DS3 wired or wireless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpSaOJJIun8

Lyriell

Sorry to ask...

But this works great for me in full screen mode, but soon as I switch to windowed (with or without border) the game starts up all black to me... I can tell it's running in the background, but I see now images.

Any idea what it might be?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot...

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Sorry to ask...

But this works great for me in full screen mode, but soon as I switch to windowed (with or without border) the game starts up all black to me... I can tell it's running in the background, but I see now images.

Could you give some details on the

?

Someone else may have the same problem and it's useful to have a solution available if they do.

Sorry to ask...

Yeah, I'm having the same issue.

S0N0S

[Asmodean];95210767 said:
So, I decided to have a replay of Dark Souls, and said I'd write some shaders specifically for it.

Seeing as I've already spent far more time than I'd originally intended to on this, I thought I may as well share it, with any who may like to use it. I figured here would be the best place to do so, seeing as DS on PC would hardly be enjoyed at all, if not for Durante's excellent DSFix.

Current effects include:

• UHQ FXAA
  • High Quality Blended Bloom
  • Scene Tonemapping
  • RGB Colour Correction
  • Post Linear Gamma Correction
  • S-Curve Contrast Enhancement
  • Texture Sharpening
  • Pixel Vibrance Adjustment
I'm betting you're looking right now saying "ugh, FXAA? what is this hobo anti aliasing?, we have SMAA \o/". This FXAA implementation happens to be higher quality than the general SMAA available via injectors. With similar, or lower performance impact. It also has a double pass option, for those who want extremely high quality.

This pack also includes an updated version of VSSAO2 for DSFix.

To Install:
Extract DSFx_ShaderSuite_v1.00.zip to your \Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition\DATA root folder (where DATA.exe is) The shader options are all in an ini file named 'DSFx_Settings.ini' So , you shouldn't have to go near the actual fx fle. unless you want to, of course.

To Edit Settings:
Open DSFx_Settings.ini in a text editor. I recommend Notepad++, or the like. It'll probably look pretty messy if you use regular notepad to view/edit it. You can enable, disable, and customize various options for each effect. There are plenty of options to play around with. Settings are clearly sectioned, and labeled. Use the documentation comments for instructions on each option

I wrote the effects to work with Dark Souls via the great injector, eFX. This injector is not my work. It was created by Crosire.

Some screens below. There are a few more in the 'Screenshots Folder' in the SkyDrive link below for the archive. You're better off viewing original in full screen, if you want a somewhat decent comparison.

Shaders Off
Shaders Enabled - Default Settings
Cinematic Tonemapping Enabled
Shaders Off 2
Shaders Enabled 2

If you want to view the full quality screens, right-click the image once it loads up, and select 'view original'.

Constructive feedback is helpful. Enjoy. This typically isn't for those with systems that can barely handle Dark Souls as it is, unfortunately.

Link: DSFx Shader Suite v1.00

My system;
i7 3770k @ 4.4
GTX 680
8GB 2133 CL9

Would love to try your Shader Suite, but I'm unable to use eFX, apparently.

Here's my d3d9.log file output:

Code:
2014-01-21 00:33:29 | INFO | GENERAL | Initializing Crosires "eFX" Version 2.0 (1.9.6.0) ...
2014-01-21 00:33:29 | FATAL | PROXY | Failed to find hook target or trampoline for "Direct3DCreate9"
2014-01-21 00:33:29 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "Direct3DCreate9"
2014-01-21 00:33:29 | TRACE | PROXY | Parameters:

SDKVersion 32

2014-01-21 00:33:31 | TRACE | GENERAL | Installing crash handlers ...
2014-01-21 00:33:31 | TRACE | HOOK | Initializing hook manager ...
2014-01-21 00:33:31 | INFO | HOOK | Installing "d3d9" hooks from file "C:\Windows\system32\d3d9.dll" ...
2014-01-21 00:33:31 | TRACE | HOOK | Ready to install 9 hooks
2014-01-21 00:33:31 | TRACE | HOOK | Hooking "D3DPERF_BeginEvent" ...
2014-01-21 00:33:31 | TRACE | HOOK | Hooking "D3DPERF_EndEvent" ...
2014-01-21 00:33:31 | TRACE | HOOK | Hooking "D3DPERF_GetStatus" ...
2014-01-21 00:33:31 | TRACE | HOOK | Hooking "D3DPERF_QueryRepeatFrame" ...
2014-01-21 00:33:31 | TRACE | HOOK | Hooking "D3DPERF_SetMarker" ...
2014-01-21 00:33:31 | TRACE | HOOK | Hooking "D3DPERF_SetOptions" ...
2014-01-21 00:33:31 | TRACE | HOOK | Hooking "D3DPERF_SetRegion" ...
2014-01-21 00:33:31 | TRACE | HOOK | Hooking "Direct3DCreate9" ...
2014-01-21 00:33:31 | TRACE | HOOK | Hooking "Direct3DCreate9Ex" ...
2014-01-21 00:33:33 | FATAL | PROXY | Failed to find hook target or trampoline for "Direct3DCreate9"
2014-01-21 00:33:33 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "Direct3DCreate9"
2014-01-21 00:33:33 | TRACE | PROXY | Parameters:

My eFX.ini file:

Code:
[KEYS]
key_screenshot=44			; Printscreen
key_effects=145				; Scroll lock
key_effects_reload=19		; Pause/Break

[SCREENSHOT]
screenshot_path=screenshot_%application%_%date%%time%.bmp

[HOOK]
hook_dynamic=false
hook_all=false
hook_external_wrapper=

[LOG]
log_enabled=true
log_level=5
log_clear=true

[EFFECT]
effect_file=DSFxShader.fx

Checked the http://crosire.tk/?p=113 for potential solutions, nothing. Tried hook_dynamic=true, no change. Tried hook_all=true, no change.
Using DSfix, DSCfix, texture mods, framerate unlocked and set to 30, steam overlay disabled, and removed all of sweetfx from DATA directory. Crashes regardless of whether or not effect_file=DSFxShader.fx is added. Otherwise, games runs just fine without the eFX d3d9.dll.

Does anyone have advice/help to offer?

Gvaz

Banned
I sort of like those shaders and i'd use them if the game didn't run at 23fps for me (even with the old hd4890 i had it was frequently 25-30fps most of the time.)

Also i'd like them more if they didn't mute out all the colors

Been so long since I played Dark Souls. I forgot about Windows Live. FFFFFUUUUUU

Anywho, the pause key doesn't seem to work for me. I'm playing in offline mode. All other keys seem to work.

togglePaused VK_F6
toggleCursorVisibility VK_F7
toggleBorderlessFullscreen VK_F8
toggleHUD VK_RCONTROL

The hud hide works. Toggling Borderless Fullscreen works. Toggling the cursor works. But no pause :(

Does anybody know of a hack or even a program that enables you to fly through the world, like a noclip or free camera mode? I see there are some map loaders that show you the geometry without textures but I was thinking more along the lines of something ingame.

Been playing for a few hours with the 60 FPS mod enabled. For the most part the framerate is pretty stable. Some effects like fog doors or the smoke effect when sitting a bonfire cause it to dip suddenly. Blighttown however, is still a framerate killer. It drops into the 40s in that area.

Been playing for a few hours with the 60 FPS mod enabled. For the most part the framerate is pretty stable. Some effects like fog doors or the smoke effect when sitting a bonfire cause it to dip suddenly. Blighttown however, is still a framerate killer. It drops into the 40s in that area.

Yep, when you look back at the path you took from above to the swamp that's an instant 20fps lose for me(60 to 40).

Its really weird, but then again, its a combination of a hack and a poorly made port so you take what you can get.

So i just started this game. Never played it before but it was sitting on my PC for long due to a steam sale. Let´s see what all the hype is about. I still have 2 major problems..

1) After installing Durantes fix (thanks!) the game is still stuttery and runs between 25-30 fps.

2) On the right analog stick i can only controll the camera on the X-axis. Screws everything.. Somehow its still mapped to the mouse.

My Specs:

Phenom II X4 965 BE
Radeon R9 270X
8GB Ram

Internal Resolution: 1920x1080
AA: off
SSAO: max
V-Sync: on
fps: locked

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

fps: locked

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Unlock the fps. Seriously, it's one of the biggest gamechangers that Durante's fix brings to the table. Regardless of how powerful your rig is, it's nice to have fps dips that are variable instead of it plunging to 15 FPS when they happen. And they will, in places like Blighttown later on in the game.

Thx for the fast reply but it still dips to 15 fps at the first Boss. (Which i can barely see because the camera readjustes constantly..)

Also, those 15 FPS dips are definitely due to the fact that your FPS setting is not unlocked. Head to Dsfix.ini and make sure unlockFPS is set to 1:-

Did you enable windowed mode in the game as well?

Yep, still 15- 30

Unlock the fps. Seriously, it's one of the biggest gamechangers that Durante's fix brings to the table. Regardless of how powerful your rig is, it's nice to have fps dips that are variable instead of it plunging to 15 FPS when they happen. And they will, in places like Blighttown later on in the game.

Ok i will try that. Biggest problem is the camera though. Gamepad works fine since the x360ce app but somehow the camera is still mapped to the mouse, right analog will only work on x.axis.

Edit: Unlocking the fps worked! Awesome, thx!
Still no controll over the camera...

Edit2: Got it. x360ce fucked it up. Had to remap it manually.

JustinBB7

Was banned but during the ban I beat dark souls twice, while using this fix. Thanks so much for this. I never even tried it without the fix but just the comparison screens make me want to barf at how bad it must be without it.

Dr Dogg

Well with Dark Souls II getting nearer I thought it's about time and finish off the PC version before either it comes out of GFWL is dead. Been a while since I've used DSFix and there's loads of new stuff in there so thanks yet again Durante.

I have noticed that when using the UI scaling that boss health bars are a bit wonky. Did a quick search through the tread and noticed that's sadly a side effect of UI scaling. Though I did happen to see someone mention the Helix 3D mod will scale the UI down. Is that the case?

Top Bottom