• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)

Yo. I picked up this game from the Steam sale last weekend and was able to finally get DSfix running after disabling the custom D3D setting in Afterburner. It works great! Unbelievable improvement over the original now that it's rendering at native 1080p with maxed SMAA and VSSAO2.

My question is about downsampling. I take it that I can use the DSfix INI to accomplish that, but if I do, would I need to mess with any other settings like DoF and the like? And if so, how would I go about figuring out which settings those are? Should I just use GeDoSaTo — or is that not possible/recommended for the first game?

Thanks. :)

GeDoSaTo is in its current form only designed to function with Dark Souls 2. It should not be used with Dark Souls.

I started replaying this game recently, and I'm getting this ui bug

ib1epbmVH5vLAk.jpg

I also happens with bosses and summons hp bar. Bosses in particular are yellow and you can't quite tell how much damage you are doing. There are also some black boxes in certain cutscenes.

This is weird cuz it is the same exact settings I had when I first played it, and never had this.

Parsnip

I started replaying this game recently, and I'm getting this ui bug

I also happens with bosses and summons hp bar. Bosses in particular are yellow and you can't quite tell how much damage you are doing. There are also some black boxes in certain cutscenes.

This is weird cuz it is the same exact settings I had when I first played it, and never had this.

It's been a while, but if I remember right the hud scaling (and possibly the hud transparency) can be a little finicky. I personally didn't use it because I could never make it work right all the time. Some people have used Helix Mod HUD scaling instead.

molnizzle

So does DSfix HUD scaling not work at all when downstampling? No matter what settings I choose it's always full sized.

Also have the same issues as the guy posting above, regardless of which setting I use and whether or not I'm downsampling.

molnizzle

If the HUD stays the same relative size regardless of output resolution then it's working as intended.

No, I mean it jumps back up to full-size rather than what I had at my scaled setting.

I figured it out though. I had the second res values set to 1920x1080 rather than just 0. I thought that "downscaling" meant the same as downsampling. After setting those to 0 the HUD started scaling correctly again.

Still can't fix the damn debuff bugs though. It's also annoying how the bottom of the screen gets all wonky when talking to an NPC. I went back and just disabled all HUD hacks in DSfix. The HUD is back to being annoyingly huge now, but at least it doesn't break my immersion anymore.

Sami+

This is a really dumb question, but I'm not quite sure how the downsampling works. If I have a 1920x1080 screen and want to render at 2560x1440, do I just leave presentWidth and presentHeight at 0 and change the internal rendering resolution to 1440p? Or do I have to change those two to something else?

Help would be really appreciated. I'm still really new to the PC scene, lol.

This is a really dumb question, but I'm not quite sure how the downsampling works. If I have a 1920x1080 screen and want to render at 2560x1440, do I just leave presentWidth and presentHeight at 0 and change the internal rendering resolution to 1440p? Or do I have to change those two to something else?

Help would be really appreciated. I'm still really new to the PC scene, lol.

Bingo (at the bolded). Simplest way to do it.

Code:
renderWidth 1600
renderHeight 900

I personally use 1600x900 for the internal rendering resolution on a 1920x1080 screen because my PC can't handle the game at native, in effect upscaling.

Sami+

Sorry for the double post, I have one more dumb question I couldn't figure out last night - could someone please help regarding the contents of this post? The user is banned and there were a few things that didn't seem to work for me.

I wanted to mess around with a Free-Cam mod and take some pictures, but the Dropbox link seems to be broken. If anyone has a working link to that mod, that'd be great.

I also couldn't seem to get the keys to work. Here's my DSFixKeys.ini:

Code:
## DSfix Keybindings
# Lines that start with "#" are ignored!
# The format is "[name of action] [name of key to use]"
# For example, "toggleHUD VK_RCONTROL" means "perform the action toggleHUD when the right control key is pressed"
# Scroll down for a list of actions and keys

toggleAA VK_F2
toggleDofGauss VK_F3
toggleVSSAO VK_F4
reloadGAUSSEffect VK_F5
reloadSSAOEffect VK_F6
toggleBorderlessFullscreen VK_F8
togglePaused VK_F9
toggleCursorVisibility VK_F12
takeHudlessScreenshot VK_0
toggleHUD VK_RCONTROL

#takeHudlessScreenshot VK_NEXT
toggleHUD VK_RCONTROL
toggleHUDChanges VK_RSHIFT

#toggleAA VK_NUMPAD1
#toggleVSSAO VK_NUMPAD2
#toggleDofGauss VK_NUMPAD3

toggle30FPSLimit VK_BACK 

#reloadAAEffect VK_NUMPAD4
#reloadSSAOEffect VK_NUMPAD5
#reloadGAUSSEffect VK_NUMPAD6
#reloadHUDVertices VK_NUMPAD9

#userTrigger VK_F1
#togglePaused VK_F9

# Available Actions:
# toggleCursorVisibility, toggleCursorCapture, toggleBorderlessFullscreen, takeHudlessScreenshot, toggleHUD,
# toggleSMAA, toggleVSSAO, toggleDofGauss, toggleHudChange, reloadSSAOEffect, singleFrameFullCapture, userTrigger 
# and some more

# Available Keys:
# VK_LBUTTON, VK_RBUTTON, VK_CANCEL, VK_MBUTTON, VK_XBUTTON1, VK_XBUTTON2, 
# VK_BACK, VK_TAB, VK_CLEAR, VK_RETURN, VK_SHIFT, VK_CONTROL, VK_MENU, VK_PAUSE, 
# VK_CAPITAL, VK_KANA, VK_HANGUL, VK_JUNJA, VK_FINAL, VK_HANJA, VK_KANJI, 
# VK_ESCAPE, VK_CONVERT, VK_NONCONVERT, VK_ACCEPT, VK_MODECHANGE, VK_SPACE, 
# VK_PRIOR, VK_NEXT, VK_END, VK_HOME, VK_LEFT, VK_UP, VK_RIGHT, VK_DOWN, VK_SELECT, 
# VK_PRINT, VK_EXECUTE, VK_SNAPSHOT, VK_INSERT, VK_DELETE, VK_HELP, 
# VK_0, VK_1, VK_2, VK_3, VK_4, VK_5, VK_6, VK_7, VK_8, VK_9, 
# VK_A, VK_B, VK_C, VK_D, VK_E, VK_F, VK_G, VK_H, VK_I, VK_J, VK_K, VK_L, 
# VK_M, VK_N, VK_O, VK_P, VK_Q, VK_R, VK_S, VK_T, VK_U, VK_V, VK_W, VK_X, VK_Y, VK_Z, 
# VK_LWIN, VK_RWIN, VK_APPS, VK_SLEEP, VK_NUMPAD0, VK_NUMPAD1, VK_NUMPAD2, 
# VK_NUMPAD3, VK_NUMPAD4, VK_NUMPAD5, VK_NUMPAD6, VK_NUMPAD7, VK_NUMPAD8, 
# VK_NUMPAD9, VK_MULTIPLY, VK_ADD, VK_SEPARATOR, VK_SUBTRACT, VK_DECIMAL, 
# VK_DIVIDE, VK_F1, VK_F2, VK_F3, VK_F4, VK_F5, VK_F6, VK_F7, VK_F8, VK_F9, VK_F10, 
# VK_F11, VK_F12, VK_F13, VK_F14, VK_F15, VK_F16, VK_F17, VK_F18, VK_F19, VK_F20, 
# VK_F21, VK_F22, VK_F23, VK_F24, 
# VK_NUMLOCK, VK_SCROLL, VK_LSHIFT, VK_RSHIFT, VK_LCONTROL, VK_RCONTROL, VK_LMENU, VK_RMENU

So I enter the game and try to stop time with F9, but nothing happens. I press all the other F-keys and still nothing. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

Any help would be really appreciated. :)

This mod is absolutely fantastic. Completely makes Dark Souls magical again.

What do you have your DoF set at? Mine is set at the default, and it is horrifically aggressive. So much so, that it hurts my eyes. Is there a way that I can get rid of much of the blur.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Sorry for the double post, I have one more dumb question I couldn't figure out last night - could someone please help regarding the contents of this post? The user is banned and there were a few things that didn't seem to work for me.

I wanted to mess around with a Free-Cam mod and take some pictures, but the Dropbox link seems to be broken. If anyone has a working link to that mod, that'd be great.

I also couldn't seem to get the keys to work. Here's my DSFixKeys.ini:

So I enter the game and try to stop time with F9, but nothing happens. I press all the other F-keys and still nothing. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

Any help would be really appreciated. :)

Any of the keys with a "#" in front of them are disabled. They're being commented out.

So if you want the game to recognize the keys, you just gotta remove the # from in front of the line!

As for the freecam, the person who posted that should be back some time next week, but until then, I've got a version of the camera hack that I could post up for you. I believe it only works with the latest Steam version of the game.

Tell me if this link works. Page up should enable the camera controls, numkey 0 should enable the Field of View unlock. Plus and minus numpad keys to adjust FoV, and I believe 8,4,5,6 to control North,S,E,W movement.

What do you have your DoF set at? Mine is set at the default, and it is horrifically aggressive. So much so, that it hurts my eyes. Is there a way that I can get rid of much of the blur.

Increasing the DoF resolution and/or lowering DoF blur should correct that but increase in resolution would mean increase in performance cost.

Both of these have resolution at 1080.

Blur at 3

Blur at 1

Sami+

Any of the keys with a "#" in front of them are disabled. They're being commented out.

So if you want the game to recognize the keys, you just gotta remove the # from in front of the line!

As for the freecam, the person who posted that should be back some time next week, but until then, I've got a version of the camera hack that I could post up for you. I believe it only works with the latest Steam version of the game.

Thanks! The freecam link worked perfectly.

I still can't get my keys to work for some reason, though. I know I have to be skipping a step, but I don't know what it is.

Code:
## DSfix Keybindings
# Lines that start with "#" are ignored!
# The format is "[name of action] [name of key to use]"
# For example, "toggleHUD VK_RCONTROL" means "perform the action toggleHUD when the right control key is pressed"
# Scroll down for a list of actions and keys

toggleCursorCapture VK_F6
toggleCursorVisibility VK_F7
toggleBorderlessFullscreen VK_F8

#takeHudlessScreenshot VK_NEXT
toggleHUD VK_RCONTROL
toggleHUDChanges VK_RSHIFT

#toggleAA VK_NUMPAD1
#toggleVSSAO VK_NUMPAD2
#toggleDofGauss VK_NUMPAD3

toggle30FPSLimit VK_BACK 

#reloadAAEffect VK_NUMPAD4
#reloadSSAOEffect VK_NUMPAD5
#reloadGAUSSEffect VK_NUMPAD6
#reloadHUDVertices VK_NUMPAD9

userTrigger VK_F1
togglePaused VK_F9

# Available Actions:
# toggleCursorVisibility, toggleCursorCapture, toggleBorderlessFullscreen, takeHudlessScreenshot, toggleHUD,
# toggleSMAA, toggleVSSAO, toggleDofGauss, toggleHudChange, reloadSSAOEffect, singleFrameFullCapture, userTrigger 
# and some more

# Available Keys:
# VK_LBUTTON, VK_RBUTTON, VK_CANCEL, VK_MBUTTON, VK_XBUTTON1, VK_XBUTTON2, 
# VK_BACK, VK_TAB, VK_CLEAR, VK_RETURN, VK_SHIFT, VK_CONTROL, VK_MENU, VK_PAUSE, 
# VK_CAPITAL, VK_KANA, VK_HANGUL, VK_JUNJA, VK_FINAL, VK_HANJA, VK_KANJI, 
# VK_ESCAPE, VK_CONVERT, VK_NONCONVERT, VK_ACCEPT, VK_MODECHANGE, VK_SPACE, 
# VK_PRIOR, VK_NEXT, VK_END, VK_HOME, VK_LEFT, VK_UP, VK_RIGHT, VK_DOWN, VK_SELECT, 
# VK_PRINT, VK_EXECUTE, VK_SNAPSHOT, VK_INSERT, VK_DELETE, VK_HELP, 
# VK_0, VK_1, VK_2, VK_3, VK_4, VK_5, VK_6, VK_7, VK_8, VK_9, 
# VK_A, VK_B, VK_C, VK_D, VK_E, VK_F, VK_G, VK_H, VK_I, VK_J, VK_K, VK_L, 
# VK_M, VK_N, VK_O, VK_P, VK_Q, VK_R, VK_S, VK_T, VK_U, VK_V, VK_W, VK_X, VK_Y, VK_Z, 
# VK_LWIN, VK_RWIN, VK_APPS, VK_SLEEP, VK_NUMPAD0, VK_NUMPAD1, VK_NUMPAD2, 
# VK_NUMPAD3, VK_NUMPAD4, VK_NUMPAD5, VK_NUMPAD6, VK_NUMPAD7, VK_NUMPAD8, 
# VK_NUMPAD9, VK_MULTIPLY, VK_ADD, VK_SEPARATOR, VK_SUBTRACT, VK_DECIMAL, 
# VK_DIVIDE, VK_F1, VK_F2, VK_F3, VK_F4, VK_F5, VK_F6, VK_F7, VK_F8, VK_F9, VK_F10, 
# VK_F11, VK_F12, VK_F13, VK_F14, VK_F15, VK_F16, VK_F17, VK_F18, VK_F19, VK_F20, 
# VK_F21, VK_F22, VK_F23, VK_F24, 
# VK_NUMLOCK, VK_SCROLL, VK_LSHIFT, VK_RSHIFT, VK_LCONTROL, VK_RCONTROL, VK_LMENU, VK_RMENU

I got rid of the # in front of togglePaused VK_F9, but it still doesn't work. toggleHUD VK_RCONTROL and toggleHUDChanges VK_RSHIFT both don't have a # in front either, but those keys aren't doing anything. Am I missing something?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Thanks! The freecam link worked perfectly.

I still can't get my keys to work for some reason, though. I know I have to be skipping a step, but I don't know what it is.

I got rid of the # in front of togglePaused VK_F9, but it still doesn't work. toggleHUD VK_RCONTROL and toggleHUDChanges VK_RSHIFT both don't have a # in front either, but those keys aren't doing anything. Am I missing something?

I'll just upload mine.

http://sta.sh/download/515271280263...88c8405f06dbe9403ee171b412b1c69&ts=1402167906

Just drop that in the

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition\DATA

folder as well as the rest of your normal DSFix files and it should be good.

Parsnip

Since you guys are talking about the freecam, might as well ask. Is it possible to take that freecam, move it and then lock it in place again in relation to the player character? Like for example, if I wanted to, could I move the camera to an over the shoulder view and play the game like that?

I remember seeing first person Dark Souls on youtube once upon a time, so I assume the same would be possible for any camera view.

molnizzle

I use 810 / 1 for 1080p.

Overdoziz

Banned
So I recently reinstalled this and I've been having very consistent stuttering issues. I had no issues running the game before but now every second or so it freezes for a splitsecond. I've tried messing with the settings a bit, but nothing seems to help. Anyone else encounter this before?

So I recently reinstalled this and I've been having very consistent stuttering issues. I had no issues running the game before but now every second or so it freezes for a splitsecond. I've tried messing with the settings a bit, but nothing seems to help. Anyone else encounter this before?

Does the stuttering occur even when standing still/moving around in circles within the same area?

I get some stuttering too, but only when heading to new areas/zones and the game has to load them in from the HDD using the streaming engine.

Try completely disabling Dsfix (remove the DINPUT8.dll file) and see whether it goes away. If it does, try enabling it again with the default settings in the ini provided in the package.

Overdoziz

Banned
Does the stuttering occur even when standing still/moving around in circles within the same area?

I get some stuttering too, but only when heading to new areas/zones and the game has to load them in from the HDD using the streaming engine.

Try completely disabling Dsfix (remove the DINPUT8.dll file) and see whether it goes away. If it does, try enabling it again with the default settings in the ini provided in the package.
It happens constantly also when i stand still. I'll mess around with DSFix a bit I guess.

SillyJoe

Definitely make sure 'enableTextureDumping' is set to 0. This had me when I first downloaded the mod.

Hey guys I'm not sure if this is DSFix related at all but if someone familiar with technical issues regarding this game could help it would be nice.

So this is really weird. A while ago I decided to get back into DS1 after getting bored of sequel and decide to log in. I choose one of my characters (NG+ warrior hanging in Undead Burg) and the framerate gets really choppy. I try to mess with DSFix and update my drivers etc. but nothing changes. I let it be since I wasn't that eager to play then after all.

Now I'm housesitting for my friend and he has the game installed on his PC. I make a new character, play for some hours, no problems at all. Then I decide to log in with the same character I logged in back in my own place and the framerate chops up again. This now affects every other character I log in with even on my friends computer all the same. Exact same issues I had back home.

Weird isn't it? I tried re-installing the game and the fix but nothing seems to be helping. Can it be something wrong with that particular character server side which breaks the whole game?

Anyone?

Dr.Acula

Banned
Okay, so I have this set:

Code:
# internal rendering resolution of the game
# higher values will decrease performance
renderWidth 2880
renderHeight 1620

# The display width/height
# 0 means use the same resolution as renderWidth/Height
# (use for downscaling - if in doubt, leave at 0)
presentWidth 1920
presentHeight 1080

And this:

Code:
# borderless fullscreen mode 
# make sure to select windowed mode in the game settings for this to work!
# 0 = disable
# 1 = enable
borderlessFullscreen 1

Will it downsample if it's in a window? I think it's working but that might be psychological ;)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Okay, so I have this set:

Code:
renderWidth 2880
renderHeight 1620

presentWidth 1920
presentHeight 1080

And this:

Code:
# 0 = disable
# 1 = enable
borderlessFullscreen 1

Will it downsample if it's in a window? I think it's working but that might be psychological ;)

Yep, it should assuming everything else is properly configured.

To compare, here's vanilla, vs with DSFix.

dsfix_comparison_by_aloo81-d7cbkf0.gif

About to go HAM

Neo Member
Things I've done do to get this game running (with DSfix):

1. buy it for $4.99 from steam
2. uninstall GFWL
3. reinstall GFWL w/ compatibility for XP srv pack 3
4. spend approx. 3 hours searching for solutions
5. open a number of ports on my router
6. tweak DSfix settings
7. repeat steps 2-3 for some unknown reason.

Now I can launch the game properly. I played a few hours last night
then this morning:

corrupted save data.

8. followed some steps to reintroduce old save file.

now every time i play the game, exit, and restart i get a corrupted save. Not only that, the game stutters excessively at certain parts.

Ryuuga

Banned
I have a slight problem. I was playing offline with a local gamertag the entire time and decided I'd hop online about 2 weeks and 2 characters later. So I recovered my old gamertag and was prompted with a few network-related errors. I eventually got my online profile working and decided I'd check up on my original offline profile only to find that the saves had been corrupted. I have dsfix backups but all the ones I've tried came back corrupted. I removed the current save, let GFW make a fresh one so I could replace it with a back up, but it came back corrupted as well.

Anustart

Just started playing again since I grabbed a new graphics card, now the game runs and looks like shit. Motion Blur is fucking insane, and fps is wonky. Any clue?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Nope, just Dark Souls.

Are you sure you've got DSFix properly installed?

Could I get a lossless screenshot of what your game looks like?

Steam has a PNG screenshot functionality. You can google how to enable it if you aren't sure how.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Nope, just Dark Souls.

You should use the FPS unlocker in DSFix and set it to 30 (higher framerates . Otherwise the game drops to 15 FPS whenever it dips a little. Unlocking the framerate makes the game run smoother overall too. Make sure you have the latest DSFix version as well.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Does anyone suddenly have AA not working at all in it? I upped the resolution since I upgraded not too long ago but it's bothering me now that AA no longer works.
iVncZUmgPaITN.png

Current settings:
# You can configure DSfix by editing this file
# Lines starting with "#" are ignored by the program and contain descriptions of the options

###############################################################################
# Graphics Options

renderWidth 4096
renderHeight 2304

presentWidth 0
presentHeight 0

############# Anti Aliasing

# AA toggle and quality setting
# 0 = off (best performance, worst IQ)
# 1 = low
# 2 = medium
# 3 = high
# 4 = ultra (worst performance, best IQ)
aaQuality 4

# AA type
# either "SMAA" or "FXAA"
aaType SMAA

############# Ambient Occlusion

# Enable and set the strength of the SSAO effect (all 3 settings have the same performance impact!)
# 0 = off
# 1 = low
# 2 = medium
# 3 = high
ssaoStrength 0

# Set SSAO scale
# 1 = high quality (default)
# 2 = lower quality, lower impact on performance
# 3 = lowest quality, lowest impact on performance
ssaoScale 1

# Determine the type of AO used
# "VSSAO" = Volumetric SSAO (default, only option pre-1.9)
# "HBAO" = Horizon-Based Ambient Occlusion
# "SCAO" = VSSAO + HBAO
# "VSSAO2" = Volumetric SSAO with more samples (tweaked by Asmodean)
# VSSAO and HBAO types have a slightly different effect. and similar performance
# SCAO combines both, with a higher performance impact
# VSSAO2 is generally more accurate, but also requires more performance
ssaoType VSSAO2

############# Depth of field

# Depth of Field resolution override, possible values:
# 0 = no change from default (DoF pyramid starts at 512x360)
# 540 = DoF pyramid starts at 960x540
# 810 = DoF pyramid starts at 1440x810
# 1080 = DoF pyramid starts at 1920x1080
# 2160 = DoF pyramid starts at 3840x2160
# do NOT set this to the same value as your vertical rendering resolution!
dofOverrideResolution 540

# Depth of Field scaling override (NOT RECOMMENDED)
# 0 = DoF scaling enabled (default, recommended)
# 1 = DoF scaling disabled (sharper, worse performance, not as originally intended)
disableDofScaling 0

# Depth of field additional blur
# allows you to use high DoF resolutions and still get the originally intended effect
# suggested values:
# o (off) at default DoF resolution
# 0 or 1 at 540 DoF resolution
# 1 or 2 above that
# 3 or 4 at 2160 DoF resolution (if you're running a 680+)
dofBlurAmount 1

############# Framerate

# Enable variable framerate (up to 60)
# NOTE:
# - this requires in-memory modification of game code, and may get you banned from GFWL
# - there may be unintended side-effects in terms of gameplay
# - you need a very powerful system (especially CPU) in order to maintain 60 FPS
# - in some instances, collision detection may fail. Avoid sliding down ladders
# Use this at your own risk!
# 0 = no changes to game code
# 1 = unlock the frame rate
unlockFPS 1

# FPS limit, only used with unlocked framerate
# do not set this much higher than 60, this will lead to various issues with the engine
FPSlimit 30

# FPS threshold
# DSfix will dynamically disable AA if your framerate drops below this value
# and re-enable it once it has normalized (with a bit of hysteresis thresholding)
FPSthreshold 0

############# Filtering

# texture filtering override
# 0 = no change
# 1 = enable some bilinear filtering (use only if you need it!)
# 2 = full AF override (may degrade performance)
# if in doubt, leave this at 0
filteringOverride 2

# HUD options

# Enable HUD modifications
# 0 = off (default) - none of the options below will do anything!
# 1 = on
enableHudMod 1

# Remove the weapon icons from the HUD
# (you can see which weapons you have equipped from your character model)
enableMinimalHud 0

# Scale down HuD, examples:
# 1.0 = original scale
# 0.75 = 75% of the original size
hudScaleFactor 0.75

# Set opacity for different elements of the HUD
# 1.0 = fully opaque
# 0.0 = fully transparent
# Top left: health bars, stamina bar, humanity counter, status indicators
hudTopLeftOpacity 0.8f
# Bottom left: item indicators & counts
hudBottomLeftOpacity 0.75f
# Bottom right: soul count
hudBottomRightOpacity 0.5f

# Window & Mouse Cursor Options

# 0 = disable
# 1 = enable
borderlessFullscreen 0

# disable cursor at startup
# 0 = no change
# 1 = off at start
disableCursor 0

# capture cursor (do not allow it to leave the window)
# 0 = don't capture
# 1 = capture
# (this also works if the cursor is not visible)
captureCursor 0

# Save Game Backup Options

# enables save game backups
# 0 = no backups
# 1 = backups enabled
# backups are stored in the save folder, as "[timestamp]_[original name].bak"
enableBackups 0

# backup interval in seconds (1500 = 25 minutes)
# (minimum setting 600)
backupInterval 1500

# maximum amount of backups, older ones will be deleted
maxBackups 10

# Texture Override Options

# enables texture dumping
# you *only* need this if you want to create your own override textures
# textures will be dumped to "dsfix\tex_override\[hash].tga"
enableTextureDumping 0

# enables texture override
# textures in "dsfix\tex_override\[hash].png" will replace the corresponding originals
# will cause a small slowdown during texture loading!
enableTextureOverride 1

# Other Options

# skip the intro logos
# this should now be slightly more stable, but should still be
# the first thing to disable in case you experience any problems
skipIntro 1

# change the screenshot directory
# default: . (current directory)
# example: C:\Users\Peter\Pictures
# directory must exist!
screenshotDir .

# override the in-game language
# none = no override
# en-GB = English, fr = French, it = Italian, de = German, es = Spanish
# ko = Korean, zh-tw = Chinese, pl = Polish, ru = Russian
# this does not work in Windows XP!
overrideLanguage none

# Dinput dll chaining
# if you want to use another dinput8.dll wrapper together
# with DSfix, rename it (e.g. "dinputwrapper.dll") and put the new name here
dinput8dllWrapper none
# dsmfix.dll

# D3D adapter override
# -1 = no override
# N = use adapter N
# this setting is for multiple (non-SLI/crossfire) GPUs
# everyone else should leave it at -1
d3dAdapterOverride -1

# Log level - 0 to 11, higher numbers mean more logging
# only enable for debugging
logLevel 0

# The settings below are not yet ready to use!!

# You can only set either forceFullscreen or forceWindowed (or neither)
# 0 = off, 1 = on
forceWindowed 0
forceFullscreen 0

# turn on/off Vsync
enableVsync 0
# adjust display refresh rate in fullscreen mode - this is NOT linked to FPS!
fullscreenHz 60

I've enabled the unlocked framerate so it runs at 60fps, and it works but I'm getting a bit of tearing every now and then. Any fix for this?

Hanzou

Wanted to get back into playing this and looked at my settings and I think I may have had it set up backwoods all along for some reason. I have a 1920x1080 monitor. I had though I set it to downscale from 2560x1440 to make it a bit sharper. I l see now that I have rendering resolution of 1920x1080 and the display res at 2560x1440, isn't that backwards and I want it to render at 2560x1440 and display at 1080p?

So I installed the first version of the patch and when I started the game it would crash after the first cutscene (the one after you select your character.

I installed the latest patch and I can now play, but the game now looks like this:

Help please?

Parsnip

So I installed the first version of the patch and when I started the game it would crash after the first cutscene (the one after you select your character.

I installed the latest patch and I can now play, but the game now looks like this:

Help please?

I believe this is the case of...

ibcHNVVvjLzWRG.gif

Specifically, in-game AA.

Syril

I'm worried about what Dark Souls transitioning to Steamworks will mean for the DSfix, specifically for the "unlock fps" function. I've been using this function to help make the game playable for me, because without it the game seemed to be locking itself at 15 fps or so whenever the framerate would go below 30. It always had a warning that since it modifies the game code, using it could result in a ban from GFWL, though no one ever reported that happening. I'm worried about whether it will trigger VAC bans, since those are done automatically.

Parsnip

I'm worried about what Dark Souls transitioning to Steamworks will mean for the DSfix, specifically for the "unlock fps" function. I've been using this function to help make the game playable for me, because without it the game seemed to be locking itself at 15 fps or so whenever the framerate would go below 30. It always had a warning that since it modifies the game code, using it could result in a ban from GFWL, though no one ever reported that happening. I'm worried about whether it will trigger VAC bans, since those are done automatically.

We don't even know if VAC will be enabled on the Steamworks version.
It probably won't be.

Cincaid

Haven't played this in a while, since I was waiting for GFWL to be removed + Steam achievements to be added, but today when I tried running the game I'm getting a "Since you're not signed in you won't be able to save your game" and "Switching to offline mode" when launching it. I also had to run the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode, since apparently Windows 8.1 was messing it up.

Is this just leftover stuff from GFWL, or is it not removed yet? :(

Edit: After looking into it a bit more it seems GFWL is still needed in the game, and since that program is buggy as hell on newer Windows it's a hassle. Found this guide on Steam which I'll try.

Top Bottom