• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)

dsk1210

Cheers Durante again. :)

The HUD along with the resolution was the 2 main fixes I was hoping for.

Be nice to see some nice high res textures mods for the environment as well over time, but that is a job that someone else could take up.

A dude made a GUI for DSfix

JHvCv.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSoulsMods/comments/zutup/dsfixui_for_v13/

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Getting to grips with the game and mod. Looking good so far. Using the basic settings currently and it holds 30fps most of the time, expect when monsters throw loads of fire at me. :D

i3-2100
4gm RAM
ATI 6850 clocked to a 6870
Vista 64.

I have checked the readme but I am not sure what I should really tweak to make things a bit better. :D
Intel Quad I'd guess? Some extra GPU beef wouldn't hurt either.

Truant

Question about HUD scaling. Aside from the HUGE hud, it's also placed very near the center of the screen. Would it be possible to get the HUD more off to the sides of the screen.

Durante

HUD mod tanks my FPS here as well, sadly. But it's definitely promising so far.
Durante said:
Additionally, I observed an unusually high performance impact at high resolutions that I don’t really understand yet.
Durante, rendering SMAA and SSAO 3 times when Hud modifications are enabled might just have adverse performance effects. Also, stop talking to yourself.

Durante

Version 1.4

- Textures with a hash code starting with 0 will now be correctly named when dumped and loaded when overriden (with prefix 0s). Every hash is 8 charaters long.
- Fixed the cause of the latest fullscreen alt-tab crash (hopefully).
- Fixed modified HUD performance, particularly in conjunction with SMAA and VSSAO.
The performance impact should now be negligible.
- Fixed modified HUD not showing effects like poison or bleeding correctly.

doomquake

awesome weekend ahead!

btw...i haven't checked sen's without the mod..but the disappearing shadow of the barred gate when turning the camera makes me so sad. I also noticed some similar effects with other things..but I decided to stop caring and actually play the game a bit.

shadowproblemyisbi.png

Ill try to figure out what the problem is if you haven't seen it before

Other than damage numbers and boss HP bars being messed up, the new HUD is working perfectly. Outside of a higher framerate which isn't going to happen, I can't even think of anything more that could possibly be added to the mod. I've beat the game now, thanks Durante for making the game much more enjoyable.

Durante

awesome weekend ahead!

btw...i haven't checked sen's without the mod..but the disappearing shadow of the barred gate when turning the camera makes me so sad. I also noticed some similar effects with other things..but I decided to stop caring and actually play the game a bit.
Which version is that on?

Would be awesome to have a key dedicated to quitting the game properly, not Alt + F4, but actually calling the quit function. You know for when the baby wakes up in the middle of a boss hehe.

Panic-Pause mode.

Anyway, yeah, its getting kind of hard to think what else can be modded into the game, Durante went above and beyond what we needed, so happy.

Haunted

Was I the only one with the light squares popping up in the old HUD location when toggling through items and stuff with minimalistic HUD? Was that fixed or filed under known problems? (can't check 1.4 right now :( )

Great work as always Durante, also happy that others are starting to help out with the modding and tools (.gif placer, GUI etc), it's just too much for one man! :D

Was I the only one with the light squares popping up in the old HUD location when toggling through items and stuff with minimalistic HUD? Was that fixed or filed under known problems? (can't check 1.4 right now :( )

Great work as always Durante, also happy that others are starting to help out with the modding and tools (.gif placer, GUI etc), it's just too much for one man! :D
I still get it in 1.4 too.

undu

Curse symbol is not moved nor rescaled whith the UI in DSfix 1.4:

iYhByY7aWVgwI.png

I was using the minimalist HUD, I don't know if it matters.

Durante

Sorry, forgot to add that to known issues.

Curse symbol is not moved nor rescaled whith the UI in DSfix 1.4:
That, on the other hand, is listed in known issues ;)

My performance at 2560x1440 is fine with the HUD mod so far. I even forced SLI to up my farmes at bonfires from 15 to 30. I cannot spot any difference with the game's bloom either (i am using the planetside 2 compatibility bits in case people are wondering).

Thx for the the update Durante!

Mind sharing how you are forcing SLI?

rybrad

The comments on Durante's blog are unbelievable. Just saw some guy pissing and moaning about an option he could easily change in the ini. It amazes me how ungrateful/stupid/lazy are for something awesome that was provided for completely free.

The comments on Durante's blog are unbelievable. Just saw some guy pissing and moaning about an option he could easily change in the ini. It amazes me how ungrateful/stupid/lazy are for something awesome that was provided for completely free.

Yeah thats why I love GAF, hopefully he isnt paying too much attention to them :(

Mind sharing how you are forcing SLI?

That's twice he mentions enabling SLI but not sharing how he does it. :(

Sorryguys, I thought I mentioned it and must not have.

I use Nvidia Inspector and create a profile for Dark Souls

I then select these compatibility bits for SLI 0x02506405 (the non-Dx10+ category)

I then select these options under SLI
capturejwstm.png

Don't forget to add the data.exe to this profile.

I havent been able to check out the last version of the fix, but how do you know how many Souls do you have?

Also what happens when you switch sword/shields?

Change the opacity of the souls mete to be above 0.0 in the .ini

Then you should be able to see them.

What do you mean exactly by your second question?

Gvaz

Banned
Is it modded?
I've never seen that armor in-game.

It's found in the swamp behind a hill if you haven't started off as a pyromancer
well actually there are two robes. a darker one, and the one that has the same shit that pyromancer npc has....I think...

Change the opacity of the souls mete to be above 0.0 in the .ini

Then you should be able to see them.

What do you mean exactly by your second question?

Just check in the "folder" equipment.

I see that he completely hid the sword/shield icons, I guess they really arent needed since you can only equip 2 things anyways, and you can see right away when you change them.... Nice idea.

And that is awesome that the Souls is configurable, I will probably show them but with a really low opacity.

dsk1210

I cant read messages with the HUD fix, anyone else experiencing the same?

HUD looks so much better shrunk right down, but i love being able to read the messages, hopefully this is something that can be remedied.

doomquake

1.4 bugs i got:

the old hud will flicker on when the sun flare shows up

some prompts are broken (the yellow fog door blocked by the lords power or something)
subtitles broken

might be my res

Top Bottom