• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luthos

Watched some of the stream...

*SPOILERS*

The part where he stole the shield behind the cape guy was hilariously fun. Dude kept chasing him, backstabbed him, and threw him into some barrels. It was kinda intense watching him. I was all "OH SHIT OH SHIT he's gonna die."

web01

Luthos said:
Watched some of the stream...

*SPOILERS*

The part where he stole the shield behind the cape guy was hilariously fun. Dude kept chasing him, backstabbed him, and threw him into some barrels. It was kinda intense watching him. I was all "OH SHIT OH SHIT he's gonna die."

Haha yeah just seen that.
The guy playing does seem to be a bit of a clown.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
In a few hours I will go to bed..and then I will wake up..and it will be Dark Souls day. So the industry might be mended!

Soma

Checking out another stream and damn they weren't kidding about the increased focus on exploration. Seems a bit easy to get lost.

Also,
HOLY CRAP ZOMBIE DRAGON

i need to stop watching these. ugh October 4th get here sooner please :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I wake back from a good sleep and notice how everyone's watching streams left and right.

Why the fuck would you do this to yourself? It's your loss, bro. Don't come to me complaining when the game ended up having "fewer surprises than Demon's Souls".

F#A#Oo

Banned
Yoshichan said:
So I wake back from a good sleep and notice how everyone's watching streams left and right.

Why the fuck would you do this to yourself? It's your loss, bro. Don't come to me complaining when the game ended up having "fewer surprises than Demon's Souls".

THIS...

I can understand if you do it with Starcraft, COD or other heavy MP games...but DS's is still essentially a very personal experience...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
moonspeak said:
To be fair no one has really gotten very far anyhow. Everyone seems to be stuck in the same area.
It really doesn't matter, I feel as if the first feeling and atmosphere of the game is pretty much just ruined by watching a stream.

Oh well, to each his own. I'm going into this fresher than Demon's Souls (which I admittedly DID watch a stream of, because I wanted to see if the game looked any good or not).

I'm watching the stream; the guy just beats a foe with some meh equipment but it was tough. Then there's another with tougher equipment! Oh can't wait for this game.

Yoshichan

lol, now you're just trying to piss me of :lol

Urban Scholar said:
I'm watching the stream; the guy just beats a foe with some meh equipment but it was tough. Then there's another with tougher equipment! Oh can't wait for this game.

Stream up now? Where?!

Soma

Giriath_89 said:
Stream up now? Where?!
there's a link on the previous page. there's another on the same site too.

i'm gonna have to force myself to stop watching these soon though. i think i've seen enough.

thank god the BF3 beta is happening next week

Yoshichan

Finally ordered three copies of the game. Let the waiting begin.

BLagiver

Banned
moonspeak said:
To be fair no one has really gotten very far anyhow. Everyone seems to be stuck in the same area.

Its like some Saw movies series stuff lol. How will these people meet their end and who will survive this dungeon hell!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yeah..I get jumpin on for a minute to see the game in motion but actually watching the streams? Super weird and kills the point of this game.

Yoshichan

worldrevolution said:
Yeah..I get jumpin on for a minute to see the game in motion but actually watching the streams? Super weird and kills the point of this game.
Then again, I do remember a lot of people Youtubing many bosses in Demon's Souls that they were having trouble with. What's the difference, really?

edit: Haha, that reminded me of a friend of mine who immediately rushed to Youtube during the Flamelurker-introduction :lol He was all like "Y'know fuck this shit, I'm not fighting this fast fucker without cheese!". Needless to say, he got slaughtered by the boss before he even got to load the video :p

Yoshichan

moonspeak said:
THIS GAME

it looks so good :( i wish i could buy all my friends a copy of it

ok i will not watch anymore

for reals this time
You're making this hard for me... really hard. I'm backing of, right now... I think.

Yoshichan

kyubajin said:
Damn, I just got home and need to cook me some curry while listening to the stream! :D
Listening? Well, I guess it's not worse than watching...?

I'm an expert

Even though I can't play it till tomorrow night I do wish I could go to the store and pick it up..unfortunately they close at midnight I think. Ah well. I do think I'm gonna go Pyromancer for my run so staying away from that stream just to see what it's like is tough.

kyubajin

Yoshichan said:
Listening? Well, I guess it's not worse than watching...?
I can't watch for more than a couple seconds and then back to listening... I'm exercising ironclad control over myself!

Yoshichan

Is it confirmed that every class starts at Slvl 1 and that some magic spells are exclusive to that class?

I'm an expert

Yoshichan said:
Is it confirmed that every class starts at Slvl 1 and that some magic spells are exclusive to that class?

Not at all, I think only Pyro even starts at 1. Not sure why, his stats don't blow anything away that much. Perhaps the strength of spells? Don't know, haven't spoiled that much for myself yet.

Yoshichan

worldrevolution said:
Not at all, I think only Pyro even starts at 1. Not sure why, his stats don't blow anything away that much. Perhaps the strength of spells? Don't know, haven't spoiled that much for myself yet.
Damn... the Pyro seems more and more interesting.

Anyone got confirmation?

I'm an expert

That it's interesting? Confirmed! I dunno, I think I'm gonna go with a spellcaster in general for this game. I loved the combat in DS but getting so close to enemies was scary. More fun to play the ranged game. Until the big shit comes and than I don't know what to do.

Yoshichan

worldrevolution said:
That it's interesting? Confirmed! I dunno, I think I'm gonna go with a spellcaster in general for this game. I loved the combat in DS but getting so close to enemies was scary. More fun to play the ranged game. Until the big shit comes and than I don't know what to do.
Yeah but if the bosses in this game feels just like the ones in Demon's Souls, it'll feel like magic is solely for cheesing :/. My main in DS was a high-spirit/magic + archer and I really wanna change that up for Dark Souls. Upfront, first time!

I'm an expert

Well I ran a high dex bow user in DS and did a lot of the stuff with ranged..loved it. But I really didn't touch spells in DS except for dueling so I'm thinking in this game pyro or priest. Or thief for that damn master key..

Foffy

Banned
Which of the two streams is set earlier in terms of game progression? I don't want to watch a stream that's 10+ hours in.

Yoshichan

Wait, the actual game is crashing or the stream?

If the game's crashing, how many times has it done this?

Foffy

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Wait, the actual game is crashing or the stream?

If the game's crashing, how many times has it done this?

It seems of the four streams that have been mentioned here in the past 24 hours, three of them suffered from crashes.

This means either people could have launch models (games crash for me too) or there's some issue with the game.

Yoshichan

Foffy said:
It seems of the four streams that have been mentioned here in the past 24 hours, three of them suffered from crashes.

This means either people could have launch models (games crash for me too) or there's some issue with the game.
Fuck, that is huge if true (that it's the game having problems). IF this is the case, I truly do hope that From will fix this.

Raide

DMPrince said:
well from the video the ps3 loading after death is faster than 360 (unless 360 was not the final game).

I really want to find out how much the HDD install for the 360 version will speed up loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom