• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

33-Hit-Combo said:
Was watching this earlier... He doesn't seem to acknowledge patterns at all. So terrible to watch.

I think it's the best spoiler-free stream so far. Besides the "YOU DIED" screen you won't be watching much more spoiler-ish things. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Zeth said:
Anyone know if they addressed the problem of needing to press the PS button so you don't accidentally slice an npc when you pick up the controller after a break? Ie: no real pause.
I read somewhere that
you need a specific weapon to hit NPCs in Dark Souls

kvn

Foffy said:
I agree. In the meantime there's yet another stream that looks like the user is trying to play as Geralt from The Witcher games.

He's logged in 4 game freezes already.

Whoa these jungle/wood environments look awesome, didn't see that coming!

The_Monk said:
I think it's the best spoiler-free stream so far. Besides the "YOU DIED" screen you won't be watching much more spoiler-ish things. :p

:D Agreed, his progress is so slow, you'll only be watching a single segment. Although he has gotten past the graveyard from earlier.

The_Monk said:

Poor guy, he is literally being constantly raped. So as I see there's no spirit form, you just lose your humanity and become a zombie?

Also seems like 360 version has higher load times and missing some lightning and so...

33-Hit-Combo said:
Was watching this earlier... He doesn't seem to acknowledge patterns at all. So terrible to watch.
Haha so true.. What the hell?

Class right now, and no stream :( it is liked the next few days are fueled only by the anticipation of this fucking game!

darkwing said:
lol poor guy is getting raped constantly , why ws he trying to remove his armor >_<
Maybe thinks he needs to roll faster. Honestly I may end up trying different configs to achieve this... How dumb of me!

LaB_NL said:
I wouldn't count on it as Ps3 is the leading development platform.

It's amazing how a few people seem to be wishing this to be true, when it won't be the case. The vast majority of games have better load times on 360 vs PS3, which is probably the only factor a DVD9 has over a BR disk, as been mentioned already. Just because this is lead on PS3 doesn't mean it'll effect 360 load times; look at FFXIII or L.A. Noire (something I would honestly expect a lead version to have ia slightly better visuals and it seems both versions are identical regarding that from gameplay). And those have multiple disks, which reminds me:

An early importer from GAF said the back of the PS3 box mentions the game is less than 7 gigs, which honestly is surprising to me.

That said, 360 version was most likely not installed vs installed PS3 version. It's not a fair comparison and I bet my account that 360 version won't have 40second load times. Anyone wanna bet theirs? ;)

Also, has anyone come to a conclusion why the game was crashing so much on stream? Haven't been in the topic since yesterday and on a crappy phone atm.

Infamous Chris said:
It's amazing how a few people seem to be wishing this to be true, when it won't be the case. The vast majority of games have better load times on 360 vs PS3, which is probably the only factor a DVD9 has over a BR disk, as been mentioned already. Just because this is lead on PS3 doesn't mean it'll effect 360 load times; look at FFXIII or L.A. Noire (something I would honestly expect a lead version to have ia slightly better visuals and it seems both versions are identical regarding that from gameplay). And those have multiple disks, which reminds me:

An early importer from GAF said the back of the PS3 box mentions the game is less than 7 gigs, which honestly is surprising to me.

That said, 360 version was most likely not installed vs installed PS3 version. It's not a fair comparison and I bet my account that 360 version won't have 40second load times. Anyone wanna bet theirs? ;)

Also, has anyone come to a conclusion why the game was crashing so much on stream? Haven't been in the topic since yesterday and on a crappy phone atm.
We won't know until we have both copies available. However footage of the 360 version does show some pretty long load times. Stream footage also shows relatively less load time, so it's tough to say right now.

No word on the freezing, could be just a fluke. Someone in here mentioned launch ps3 maybe being an issue? Also wotter (I think that is the spelling, I apologize if it's wrong) has said no such crash happened to him and he is reviewing it.

Time will tell

I was watching an archive of the stream last night and while skipping around I saw the stream fight a
messed up dragon without a head / the whole body is the mouth
boss. Stuff of nightmares

Anyway whats the penalty for dieing? I thought I read in here you lose humanity and turn into a corpse but I didn't see anything like that in the stream (then again I was skipping around) and there nothing in the OP about it

HamPster PamPster said:
Anyway whats the penalty for dieing? I thought I read in here you lose humanity and turn into a corpse but I didn't see anything like that in the stream (then again I was skipping around) and there nothing in the OP about it

That's because they are wearing armor. Remove it and there's not-so-pretty stuff underneath.

ElyrionX said:
Has there been any word on which version (360 or PS3) is the superior one?

I saw people on streams comenting that 360 version have worst lightning and misses other effects and longer load times, I take those with a grain of salt and wait for actual comparissons.

Zeth

I love that you can see the damage each hit does above the enemies. This wasn't possible in DeSo was it? Might be my terrible memory.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ElyrionX said:
Has there been any word on which version (360 or PS3) is the superior one?
No true comparisons yet but from what I've read, the PS3 version is superior (loading and lighting-wise)

kyubajin

Infamous Chris said:
So the official abbreviations are DeSo and DkS? Haha

I always called DeSo "DS" and DkS "DS2." :(
This trend started only recently it seems as it's always been DS for Demon's Souls and DkS for Dark Souls.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
We won't know until we have both copies available. However footage of the 360 version does show some pretty long load times. Stream footage also shows relatively less load time, so it's tough to say right now.

No word on the freezing, could be just a fluke. Someone in here mentioned launch ps3 maybe being an issue? Also wotter (I think that is the spelling, I apologize if it's wrong) has said no such crash happened to him and he is reviewing it.

Time will tell

Hoping that they sort this out by Euro release, end of first week in Oct (got ages!). Plenty of time for me :D

The_Darkest_Red said:
Weird, I guess I just didn't notice. I was looking for it while he was fighting that skeleton but I never saw one.

I think Skeletons are a special case, because they revive. Not certain though.

Yoshichan

No, please... DS and DkS!

Also, I read somewhere that there's one class that can't heal at all? Is this true?

Foffy

Banned
Yoshichan said:
No, please... DS and DkS!

Also, I read somewhere that there's one class that can't heal at all? Is this true?

No, all classes can. But..
any person who isn't host to an online game CANNOT heal. This includes helpers and invaders. The only way a helper can be healed is if the host heals himself/herself.

Yoshichan

Wow, that's fucking BRILLIANT. I keep getting baffled by the decisions FROM made to this game. Amazing.

johntown

Banned
Yoshichan said:
No true comparisons yet but from what I've read, the PS3 version is superior (loading and lighting-wise)
I don't really think anybody needs to read or hear anything to know this.

All dual systems games there is always one system that looks slightly better (but barely noticeable). Of course the lead development platform is going to be the superior version but the differences between the two will be negligible.

kyubajin

So I've been thinking that now that grass and spice is no more a potential SL1/no death/no bonfire run would be the ultimate accomplishment if possible.

johntown

Banned
kyubajin said:
All clases can heal, it's
invading Black Phantoms who can't
I guess this will eliminate
drawn out battles and PVP where the winner is determined by who can eat grasses faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom