• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt1200

teh_J0kerer said:
Here's something weird: The lock on is different from Demon's Souls in an annoying way: I can't change my lock on target by using the right stick. The only way Ive found to change target is to lock off and lock on again, and hope the right target is chosen. Am I missing something?

Seriously?. that would be too annoying if they dont fix it with a patch.

Canova

Banned
Corky said:
God damn I'm totally getting engulfed by this unexpected hype train. I mean I loved Demons Souls but I never thought I'd look more forward to this than D3,BF3 and all the other bloody games coming this year.

Problem is that it's like 2 weeks left before I can play, and that is not cool. Not cool at all.

I haven't felt this hyped since DMC3, my ex-favorite franchise

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
mt1200 said:
Seriously?. that would be too annoying if they dont fix it with a patch.

I answered this on the previous page. Right in the manual it says to keep R3 clicked down and move the stick to cycle lock-ons. I haven't had the chance to try yet because I haven't faced multiple enemies.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
At this point paying ME $100 would probably get it to you quicker. But yeah, I feel your pain. Perhaps today being a holiday has something to do with that shipping delay.

chris-013

It seems you can have a powerful one-handed sword early in the game a bit like DS and 4-2.

It isn't magical so it isn't really game breaking, but that can help. ^^

Zeal

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I'm wondering if I should cancel my order from NCSx and just order from Nin NIn game? Anyone use them?
I will do the same if I can get it from them by either tomorrow (doubtful) or saturday.

worldrevolution said:
At this point paying ME $100 would probably get it to you quicker. But yeah, I feel your pain. Perhaps today being a holiday has something to do with that shipping delay.

So if I did order today, it probably wouldn't ship out of Osaka (where nin nin is) anyway I'm guessing? That may be the issue, I don't know. This exact thing happened with Demon's Souls release of the import with NCSx. Not sure how they receive their shipments, seems like it would have come ahead of time if they ship out on release dates.

Zeal said:
I will do the same if I can get it from them by either tomorrow (doubtful) or saturday.

They only do EMS Speedpost, the fastest, which says 3-4 days. Kind of sucks, but who knows at this point if NCSx will even get their stock on the 25th.

EasyMode said:
Lucky you. Why oh why did I switch my order from play-asia to NCSX?

I never switched, not sure why I went with NCSx again. The past few times since Demon's Souls debacle they are relatively quick because they are so close. But honestly, to have this exact same thing happen again is pretty ridiculous. "Publisher's decision" too, meaning FROM.

Joe Shlabotnik said:
As I mentioned earlier, I had to specifically ask about the CE at GameStop, because the clerk had no idea about the pre-order deal. Then he switched the SKU from the regular edition to the CE. So you might want to confirm you're actually getting the CE if they didn't specifically tell you. :p

This is strange because until Tuesday Gamestop didn't even have a SKU other than the CE SKU. If you guys pre-ordered there prior to Tuesday then you should be getting the CE.

Zeal

Banned
I'll stick with NCS since they'll have it next week hopefully, but I'm never going with them again after this. They dropped the ball, big time.

The publisher excuse they gave is also bullshit, considering Play Asia shipped.

After my reply about what's going on.

Is it true that some stores don't even have it? Smells fishy to me...

NCSx Support said:
Hello, our Japanese supplier did not receive this game to include with this week's shipment and when we asked them, they said that they themselves are waiting for an update from the publisher.

Some stores in Japan have listed the ship date as 9/25 so we assume there was some delay. Again, we are waiting to hear back from our suppliers for more details.

Regards

Anyone have evidence about "some stores in Japan" listing it as 9/25? This is absurd at this point. I may just cancel in the end and wait for the NA release. I see no point to wait another week.

I'm an expert

Sounds fishy..I live in a pretty not-populated place and my local store had no issue givin me a collector's edition.

I'm an expert

Actually now Amazon has it as the 25th. The heck? Did they stop the shipments because of the freezing/PSN issues maybe?

worldrevolution said:
Actually now Amazon has it as the 25th. The heck? Did they stop the shipments because of the freezing/PSN issues maybe?

Ok, if Amazon is listing it then I can get behind it, to some extent.

Could be they did recall it or something? How utterly strange. Just ship the game and fucking patch it. There must be something more going on for them to delay shipment like this.

Wondering if the other versions will get a delay now? Hope not.

Foffy

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Ok, if Amazon is listing it then I can get behind it, to some extent.

Could be they did recall it or something? How utterly strange. Just ship the game and fucking patch it. There must be something more going on for them to delay shipment like this.

Wondering if the other versions will get a delay now? Hope not.

They sure as shit better not. I have a four day weekend when Dark Souls is supposed to be out.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
According to the link on that Twitter, From has suspended the online service, and is working on a patch to fix the issues, which should be released within the next week. Once a finalized schedule is available, it will be posted there.

oroboros

I just received my copy from Play Asia they shipped it yesterday and it's already here to Arizona using Fedex if anyone is looking for a reliable import.

Seraphis Cain said:
According to the link on that Twitter, From has suspended the online service, and is working on a patch to fix the issues, which should be released within the next week. Once a finalized schedule is available, it will be posted there.

Alright, thanks. Guess nothing extensive. Can't see why they would halt some shipments if they already figured it out. So, now it's quite the mystery. Frustrating as hell.

Already getting Play-asia orders? And to Arizona nonetheless, how much, roughly, was shipping if you don't mind me asking?

oroboros

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Alright, thanks. Guess nothing extensive.

Argh, this is frustrating as hell. Already getting Play-asia orders? And to Arizona nonetheless, how much, roughly, was shipping if you don't mind me asking?

Shipping was $16.40. Not too bad for overnight, I guess.

Foffy

Banned
Hey guys, I have a question. Do we know what all of the starting gifts are and what they do? Particularly
the pendant, the item Miyazaki has suggested players start with.

The_Monk

What? There is going to swamps? It is confirmed?

Ew... It's dark in there... and I can't run, or roll, then the big trolls... and the plague...

=/

Zeal

Banned
Ok then. This definitely has to do with the freezing issues that I've seen happen in almost every stream of the game. I really don't see how they could change the release once the game has already been released in japan though. That doesn't really make any sense to me.

Just patch it with a simple update man.

oroboros said:
Shipping was $16.40. Not too bad for overnight, I guess.

Damn, that's decent.

Though they are already saying 1 week for shipping ~ 9/30 - wonder if these import shops use the same suppliers or something. Could have run out of inventory already?

Zeal said:
Ok then. This definitely has to do with the freezing issues that I've seen happen in almost every stream of the game. I really don't see how they could change the release once the game has already been released in japan though. That doesn't really make any sense to me.

Just patch it with a simple update man.

I don't know man. No mention of it on FROM's official blog, or twitter. Plus they've already identified the problem. Seems crazy to halt shipments.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The_Monk said:
What? There is going to swamps? It is confirmed?

Ew... It's dark in there... and I can't run, or roll, then the big trolls... and the plague...

=/

Wipe that look of apprehension of your face. You will trudge through the plague-riddled death swamps and you will fucking like it.

Johnas

So I just read in the OP that the NA LE will only have digital versions of all the extras?

I cannot understand why they would go that route when all the other regions get at least some of the extras in physical form. So stupid.

I'm an expert

No online till next week? Geezus..I uh..well..I guess I'm not gonna play it till next week then. Online is an integral part of the experience for me.

Ouch, all the JAmazon reviews are killin the game for the freezes. It sure pissed me off this morning too. Man..botched launch. But I guess it gives the rest of the world a bit of time to catch up? Unless you imported..

The_Monk

Boo to swamps, then! And to be honest I never fought that red phantom...
I did a long side walk to avoid the pain)

Muahaha, can't catch me!

worldrevolution said:
No online till next week? Geezus..I uh..well..I guess I'm not gonna play it till next week then. Online is an integral part of the experience for me.

Ouch, all the JAmazon reviews are killin the game for the freezes. It sure pissed me off this morning too. Man..botched launch. But I guess it gives the rest of the world a bit of time to catch up? Unless you imported..

And even then, some people won't even get their copies for another week+ because of some weird shipping delay. Not as bad as say Dead Island, and they figured out the issue quickly and will get it up ASAP I'm sure. It definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but the shipping issue, well, I don't know who to be mad at over that. Paid a lot of money for that and part of it was to play a couple weeks in advance. Not sure what to do, cancel and just ride it out or wait.

I'm an expert

Honestly? Say you get it middle of next week..Weds/Thurs. Now you basically have a week to run through the game before it's released domestically right? I dunno about you but it took me about a month of nice slow gameplay to get through DS. Unless you're getting it for your collection, might be wiser to bite the bullet, cancel, and save the money. I have the damn thing sitting here and I won't even play it haha.

shadyspace said:
Do all you guys who are importing able to read Japanese? 'Cause from what I've seen of these streams there's a whole lot of it.

There definitely is. I can read a small amount but nothing great. The import copy was my chance to go in blind to the story, small details of items/weapons etc, and just play the game. Then with the NA release I'd really go all out soaking it up.

Getting my $103 dollars back sounds very tempting right now. I thought I'd be traditional and import, but the circumstances with Demon's Souls were much different; not very logical I know.

worldrevolution said:
Honestly? Say you get it middle of next week..Weds/Thurs. Now you basically have a week to run through the game before it's released domestically right? I dunno about you but it took me about a month of nice slow gameplay to get through DS. Unless you're getting it for your collection, might be wiser to bite the bullet, cancel, and save the money. I have the damn thing sitting here and I won't even play it haha.

Good point really, I don't know. I'm torn. Feel like I'm already in too deep! Like I said, having multiple copies of DeSo didn't bother me, and I wouldn't mind having the JPN copy in my "collection" so to speak in the end. A lot of was about supporting FROM too so...

Though I would play it offline :p Even though I'm quite looking forward to co-op runs.

Zeal

Banned
Tell me about it bro. I paid $150 for 1 day with NCS. Dunno if I should cancel or what. If they get it Tuesday at the latest, ill keep it. If not, im canceling.

I'm an expert

Ack..that's a lot. Though I guess with the exchange rate at what it is and quick shipping that's what it costs. Yeah I'll probably play the game a bit offline but unless I'm getting invaded or helping someone as a phantom the game just isn't the same for me. I need options!

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Good point really, I don't know. I'm torn. Feel like I'm already in too deep! Like I said, having multiple copies of DeSo didn't bother me, and I wouldn't mind having the JPN copy in my "collection" so to speak in the end. A lot of was about supporting FROM too so...

Though I would play it offline :p Even though I'm quite looking forward to co-op runs.

Just cancel. That money can be used to support other developers as well. I'm sure From doesn't expect people to import en masse, given the game is in Japanese, and it releases so soon in the West.

Zeal said:
Tell me about it bro. I paid $150 for 1 day with NCS. Dunno if I should cancel or what. If they get it Tuesday at the latest, ill keep it. If not, im canceling.

Cancel, get some other game with extra money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom