• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT2| Praise the Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
my god this game. for the past 4 nights I've been sitting down to play this and before I know it it's 5 AM. i cannot. fucking. stop.

whalleywhat said:
Fuck Blighttown.
yeah...i just had my first major humanity loss there. 7 points gone because i was too fucking stupid to rest at the bonfire when i had the chance. :p

catashtrophe said:
Right I beat the Taurus Boss but now im stuck, how do i get passed the red dragon?

Also when i started my game i picked the "Tiny Beings Ring" and not the master key so now i've come across a few doors that i can't open. Is there any way to find the key in game?

No. You'll find keys for all those doors though.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
When I saw Dark Souls OT2 I was like someone really wants to gets banned or commit account suicide, see it's duckroll, I'm like superior trolling?

HOLY SHIT!, I'm thinking about picking it up during Black Friday, I think we'll be on OT4 by then lol

Boken

Banned
Update!

Class: Sorcerer
Level: 15 (?)
Stats: 9 Str 12 End 13 Dex 18 Int 15 Att
Time: 7hrs

currently at
Darkroot Forest
... feeling as if this is definitely the wrong way to go after Undead Parish. Them big green sword attacker dudes are too strong @_@.

Things are looking up! Lvl 16, need one point in Dex to use
Black Knight Sword
, hope it's worth it! Just killed
Bell Gargoyles
, do I go now to
the Forest
or
Anor Lando
?

Timber

is there an entrance to blighttown in the depths somewhere? i know of another way in but i'm not sure that's the 'proper' way to go?

hamchan

Hooray I beat the
Capra Demon
after dying to it like 5 times in the first 10 seconds! Feels good man.

F!ReW!Re

Timber said:
is there an entrance to blighttown in the depths somewhere? i know of another way in but i'm not sure that's the 'proper' way to go?

Door next tot that merchant with the horned helmet. You get the key after killing gaping dragon

Sye d'Burns

GraveRobberX said:
When I saw Dark Souls OT2 I was like someone really wants to gets banned or commit account suicide, see it's duckroll, I'm like superior trolling?

HOLY SHIT!, I'm thinking about picking it up during Black Friday, I think we'll be on OT4 by then lol

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone actually is playing the game.

20k+ posts already, it's just insane.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Timber said:
The big metal gate next to the sewer merchant is the way I got through.

Ostinatto

GORGEOUS OT

my real life bonfire ;)

--------
blight town help

im in the last bonfire in blight town (cement cave), where is the next bonfire? there isa huge monsterdragon outside (scare the shit out of me)

Timber

F!ReW!Re said:
Door next tot that merchant with the horned helmet. You get the key after killing gaping dragon
ah yes, gracias. have the key but somehow i forgot about that door

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well guys, I guess no more DkS for me for a while...

I tried following you guys' advice (go to bed) but I ended up waking up 3-4 hours later with the worst pain I've had my entire life.

MORE PILLS! MORE BANDAGE! MORE ALCOHOL! Umbasa, my friends.. Umbasa...

uURpb.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ostinatto said:
GORGEOUS OT

my real life bonfire ;)

--------
blight town help

im in the last bonfire in blight town (cement cave), where is the next bonfire? there isa huge monsterdragon outside (scare the shit out of me)
wrong way :p run past that aka don't go up

GraveRobberX

Jesus Yoshi, bro relax

It's a game man, it's not going anywhere, don't go out of your way by hurting yourself more, or try to compound the problem

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bought this today. I'm no sure whether it's just because the environment is so much more inviting than DS1-1 or whether it's just because I know what to expect, but I'm enjoying this a lot more than the (very little) I played of Demon's Souls.

DeVeAn

So I am in blight town and helped kill a boss. Then I get humanity find some help go to the boss and an attack that was never done before one shots me. So again I get help go to boss stay away and one shot. I don't get it are you weaker in human form? What the heck! I have like 700 hp.

Zzoram

DeVeAn said:
So I am in blight town and helped kill a boss. Then I get humanity find some help go to the boss and an attack that was never done before one shots me. So again I get help go to boss stay away and one shot. I don't get it are you weaker in human form? What the heck! I have like 700 hp.

You're not weaker in human form. Maybe you're doing something different to trigger that attack.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
The Claymore just isn't as satisfying with the 2 handed L1 attack being an over the head downward swing. Axes have the nice horizontal swing, but no combo.

My only hope is that there is a glorious greatsword with the same swing as the Claymore in Demon's Souls.

Other than that I'm really enjoying the game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Zzoram said:
I can't believe you even tried to play with a broken finger.
It wasn't even broken, I still don't know what it is exactly... I broke the nail from the root and it got infected... then swollen... now it looks like a dick. Not shitting you. And the pain... THE PAIN!!!!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Galactic Fork said:
The Claymore just isn't as satisfying with the 2 handed L1 attack being an over the head downward swing. Axes have the nice horizontal swing, but no combo.

My only hope is that there is a glorious greatsword with the same swing as the Claymore in Demon's Souls.

Other than that I'm really enjoying the game.
Use a super great sword. zweilander or what ever it's called

Yoshichan said:
It wasn't even broken, I still don't know what it is exactly... I broke the nail from the root and it got infected... then swollen... now it looks like a dick. Not shitting you. And the pain... THE PAIN!!!!
Spare us the pics when it starts to pus out. Oh and disinfect it twice a day

Pookmunki

Utterly amazing to get to OT2 so quickly - I feel like we don't even know a quarter of the secrets this game holds yet either.

GGOAT, calling it now.

Yoshichan

Guys btw, this finger might have been the problem to why I find the game frustrating to play... the constant headache, combined with the fact that I was super tired and dizzy. So yeah, I'm definitely giving this another chance as soon as I get better again.

I like DkS, I just want it to be better than what it is right now. A good way to try this would be to play it when I'm not in pain.

GraveRobberX

Yoshichan said:

Go get it looked at seriously, I'm not fucking kidding

I remember I was playing too much on my PS3 (when am I not LOL), got this blister, then removed it, then that bitch ballooned into this bulbous piece of flesh/puss right on my index finger
I needed surgery =/ to get it removed, dude 3 weeks of torture ; ;, trust me get it checked

Erudite

This. Game. I love this game, but man fuck this game.

To help illustrate what I had to do:
JswwQ.jpg

(Sorry for the meh IQ. Best I could do capturing from a projector.)

Second slot is my first character (It wasn't in the first slot because I had an initial character that I decided to scrap after playing for about 30 minutes) and the first is the new character I made tonight.

So with my first character, I ended up putting myself in a really bad spot. **Spoilers for the first few sections of the game**
Accidentally killed the vendor in Undead Burge (I believe it's Undead Burge anyway..) because I didn't see him throughout all the rubble around him since it was too dark. Picked up the Uchigatana that dropped from him and thought nothing of it.

Ended up costing me the 14 hours I sunk into the character, as I got to a point where I really couldn't do any damage to the bosses I could reach, which were Moonlight Butterfly & Gaping Dragon. Maybe there was another area I could've gone to, but after having spent so much time fruitlessly dying trying to take down these bosses with such little damage, I couldn't take it any more.

Reluctantly, I decided to look online and see what my options were. Found out about the Drake Sword, and how much of an improvement it was over my Uchigatana. So I decided to see what I had to do attain it. Bow & Arrow, okay that shouldn't be that hard to attain.

I searched and searched hoping to find a Bow, but nope. Look online again, find out the vendor I killed sells one, alongside a various number of arrows. Spent a few more hours trying to find a bow, only to say screw it and start all over again.

Here I am after 2 hours on my new character and I'm one boss away from where I was before, mostly due to knowing the level layouts and having this overpowered weapon in hand. Kinda goes to show how easy the game can be once you've spent so much time with the levels, just like Demon's Souls I guess.

Just find it kind of jarring that I managed to get myself stuck in a such a bad spot. Nothing of the sort even came close to happening to me in Demon's Souls. Just for the record, I reached NG+++, so I'm not a newcomer to the Souls games' formula. If this were any other game, I probably wouldn't have the patience to start over like this after 14 hours.

tl;dr: Got myself stuck in a bad spot, restarted and found an uber weapon, made the areas I've been through before piss easy and now I am where I was within 2 hours, whereas it took me 14 hours before.

As a side note, it's been awhile since a game has kept me up till 3:00am. I really shouldn't do this, project due and midterm this Wednesday.. Fffffuuuu..

Yoshichan

QisTopTier said:
Spare us the pics when it starts to pus out. Oh and disinfect it twice a day
Don't scare me man, wtf is "pus out"?

Yeah this is my first time disinfecting it + I'm eating some pills that is supposed to take away infection in my body. Downside of these pills? I might feel ill... so forgive me if I disappear from this thread soon :/

Yoshichan

Hawkian said:
best. sentence. ever.
But am I not right?
GraveRobberX said:
Go get it looked at seriously, I'm not fucking kidding

I remember I was playing too much on my PS3 (when am I not LOL), got this blister, then removed it, then that bitch ballooned into this bulbous piece of flesh/puss right on my index finger
I needed surgery =/ to get it removed, dude 3 weeks of torture ; ;, trust me get it checked
♥ Thanks for being ♥ I've already had it checked (did it yesterday when GAF complained too much about me). I think my finger is already feeling better but it's only been 45 minutes so it might just be my imagination.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Good god, fuck this game. I was about to kill Hagel, and then the game starts to chug to single digit framerate, made dodging so much fun, or not.

Yoshichan

Raide said:
@Yoshichan! What happened? Did someone try to steal you soul?
Without going into detail, one day before DkS I was trying to prepare everything so that I'm 100% set for the game. So I decided to take a shower and I fell on the slippery floor (this has NEVER happened to me. EVER. Fucking murphys' law) and landed on my finger. Not only did I feel that I broke it, my nail got COMPLETELY removed from its roots. Needless to say, it hurt a lot at first but when I got the game I ignored the pain and just kept playing... for a long period of time. Bad idea, considering it got worse with time.

So now I'm here, what is it, 50 hours later with only 3 hours of sleep because of this bullshit :lol?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yoshichan said:
Don't scare me man, wtf is "pus out"?

Yeah this is my first time disinfecting it + I'm eating some pills that is supposed to take away infection in my body. Downside of these pills? I might feel ill... so forgive me if I disappear from this thread soon :/
Well you wont have to worry to much now if you are taking care of it. Pus out is exactly that, built up pus overflowing out of the festering wound :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Deaths to
Cabra Demon
without doing any damage, so far: 4 :D Sooo he can use the steps it seems...

satori

Anyone here dig the hell out of yoshichan posts? Man you are a damn trooper....infected finger, energy drinks, no sleep, rerollin... Hawk comments about the ups and downs of the trials and tribulations equating to a 5 year relationship with a women was spot on lol. Keep on trucking good sir....really though hope your finger heals. I dealt with a smash thumb before...here is a tip, wrap that shit in a bag before hopping in the shower.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
woohoo rang the second bell, reinforced my flask, got 3 of my favorite swords to +6. Now to learn some magic and get cool gear.

LiveWire

About 5 hours in...started as a Deprived, up to level 16 now trying to grind stats to equip the Black Knight Sword I got from a Black Knight in Undead Burg. Fun game, a little crazy at first but easy after a while. Not sure about this "hardest game ever" stuff, Ninja Gaiden for Xbox seemed harder to me, but I digress.

Anyway, question about the game, is there any way to sell old items or is your only choice to drop it? And how can you invade another player's world? I've been human form and have had the items, but it never works. I've seen only one summoning opportunity for another player, and I rarely see any blue ghosts (which I assume are other players?). Does the game automatically connect to online servers or is there an option I need to select?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom