• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

If Vigil managed to make the platforming worse than the original something went horribly wrong. The platforming in Darksiders was fine, I can't see it being any worse in Death's adventure and it looks perfectly fine (better, even) in all footage that I've seen. Unless you hate Prince of Persia or something, but that would just make you a monster.

forrest

formerly nacire
Even though I haven't played the game for very long (40 minutes), I think the platforming is very fluid and fast.

Everything in the game just comes together extremely well, and feels right.

I thought the platforming in the first was ace, so I'm not worried one iota about it. Just give me the damn game already!

LLShC.gif

Sober

If Vigil managed to make the platforming worse than the original something went horribly wrong. The platforming in Darksiders was fine, I can't see it being any worse in Death's adventure and it looks perfectly fine (better, even) in all footage that I've seen. Unless you hate Prince of Persia or something, but that would just make you a monster.
Yeah, all the video I've seen on DS2 makes it look like they moved from LoZ 'platforming' to Prince of Persia style, which is damn awesome.

Sidzed2

Put about 9 hours into this bad boy over the past two days - embargoed, so can't say too much, but the platforming is improved from the original and is highly reminiscent of Prince of Persia 2008.

Put about 9 hours into this bad boy over the past two days - embargoed, so can't say too much, but the platforming is improved from the original and is highly reminiscent of Prince of Persia 2008.

You know. I am not judging and I am definitely not saying you pirated this game but I always find it funny, and I witnessed this on a lot of gaming threads, that the moment the game gets pirated a lot of people suddenly has embargoed releases, has a friend who works at a local gamestore and/or has a friend who works at the publisher or developer. Again, I am not saying everyone is pirating the version but it can not all be coincidence.

d0c_zaius

heres some ps3 impressions after about 2 hours:

good:
-it looks like its made with love. all the color, animation, voice acting, environments, MUSIC, responsive gameplay...its all there.

bad:
-theres some screen tearing during certain areas and uses of fx... and stuttering when loading stuff but neither of these are significant enough to piss me off.

Definitely going with the 360 version now to avoid the loading issue. Installing games is such a bonus.

Also great to hear people contradict what was said earlier about the platforming. Prince of Persia 08 platforming was a blast.

I sent an email complaint to Amazon about the change in Release Day Shipping policy and they apologized, but said it's how they're doing things now (no more pre-ordering the day before and still getting free release day shipping even if you're in Prime). They also included a 10 dollar off coupon to sweeten the apology. Works for me, but I'll still be buying fewer games from them.

You know. I am not judging and I am definitely not saying you pirated this game but I always find it funny, and I witnessed this on a lot of gaming threads, that the moment the game gets pirated a lot of people suddenly has embargoed releases, has a friend who works at a local gamestore and/or has a friend who works at the publisher or developer. Again, I am not saying everyone is pirating the version but it can not all be coincidence.

It's no coincidence. TALKING about pirating is bannable on GAF (except for grey areas of talking around the fence with stuff like the PS3 CFW threads), but it definitely happens. Your observation is in line with what I noticed.

Then again, whatever. If the people who pirate are people who can't wait for release and buy the game on release day and give good PR before launch on message boards, I can turn a blind eye.

On topic though, game looks amazing and can't wait to play it. EU here so have to wait some more sadly :(

Sidzed2

Well it's good that you're not saying that I pirated the game, because I'm a writer for rocketchainsaw.com.au and I'm playing through code for our review, and I'm embargoed until 15 August.

heres some ps3 impressions after about 2 hours:

good:
-it looks like its made with love. all the color, animation, voice acting, environments, MUSIC, responsive gameplay...its all there.

bad:
-theres some screen tearing during certain areas and uses of fx... and stuttering when loading stuff but neither of these are significant enough to piss me off.

Thanks for that.

tragic

Developer
Thinking about doing a Nightmare Mode stream Weds or Thurs evening. Anyone interested? It's going to be mega painful!

Facism

Paypal got back to me saying the payment to THQ would not complete due to the card on my account not being linked. smells like bollocks as it's been ok for the last 2 years :/

Sitting here wondering what i'm supposed to do. Order is still "pending payment" on the thq site, and i'm unsure of how to proceed.

Gbraga

Thinking about doing a Nightmare Mode stream Weds or Thurs evening. Anyone interested? It's going to be mega painful!

I'd watch it :3

It's not just a Nightmare Run, it's a Tragic Run, that makes the stream 10x more interesting on day one when the rest of us still don't understand the combat system that well.

I was stating the obvious and I can not be the only one who sees it.

If its so obvious, you don't need to be throwing thinly veiled accusations around. There was no reason to bring it up and just because some people co-sign your point, it doesn't mitigate the fact what you said came across as rather insulting.

You were just rude. End of story.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I would have you join our race, but that wouldn't be very fair :p
to make you feel bad losing it although you have been playing this whole time

If its so obvious, you don't need to be throwing thinly veiled accusations around. There was no reason to bring it up and just because some people co-sign your point, it doesn't mitigate the fact what you said came across as rather insulting.

You were just rude. End of story.

Rude? Guess you and I have a very different opinion on what is rude and not. I never made any accusations and clearly stated that I did not think he was pirating anything. In fact, i mentioned it twice in the same post. Look up for the definition of rude before you accuse me of being it next time.

GAF lolz. It never fails.

Anyway. I might have missed it but do the devs release some kind of Ultimate Collectors Edition? Kind of like God of War 3's box of pandora.

Rude? Guess you and I have a very different opinion on what is rude and not. I never made any accusations and clearly stated that I did not think he was pirating anything. In fact, i mentioned it twice in the same post. Look up for the definition of rude before you accuse me of being it next time.

GAF lolz. It never fails.

Anyway. I might have missed it but do the devs release some kind of Ultimate Collectors Edition? Kind of like God of War 3's box of pandora.

You know, I'm not saying you are but I think there is a certain subset of GAF members who are so far up their self rightous arse that they don't even realise that their moral position against piracy could lead to them falsely accusing others simply because they are butthurt they can only play a game a week later than the majority.

See, I can do it too. Not directing it at you personally though, just stating the obvious :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Don't forget that Nightmare Mode race, QisTopTier.

You better not start without me.

I act like an arrogant smart ass, but I'm noble don't worry. I thrive off competition cheating would never satisfy that LOL To your dismay though I will use the extra time I gain on you if I do gain extra time, to explore and find the worthwhile sidequest on normal :p

BY2K

Membero Americo
I act like an arrogant smart ass, but I'm noble don't worry. I thrive off competition cheating would never satisfy that LOL To your dismay though I will use the extra time I gain on you if I do gain extra time, to explore and find the worthwhile sidequest on normal :p

There's the leaderboard, anyway. We'll be able to provide proof of our completion time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There's the leaderboard, anyway. We'll be able to provide proof of our completion time.

Yeah, but starting ahead of you would mean I get more attempts. Not that im going to die I'm the best!

LOL thank god this game isn't game for windows live. hahaha I can just imagine being on the last boss then it eating the save file

ironcreed

Banned
LOL, my local post office in North, Ga. had my copy yesterday, then it ended up at the Memphis, Tn post office today and is being re-routed back to me. How nice. Surely I will have it by Tuesday... I hope.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just mentioning the platforming again, is it like Uncharted where it's very hard to fail or is it like POP?

Well seeing how it has wall running with the need to grapple or wall jump to another point. I'd say it will most likely get challenging near the end. Probably a reason falling to your death doesn't kill you in Nightmare :p

Hindle

Banned
Great news then, I'm really tired of games that have automatic platforming where there is no challenge. One of the worse things to happen this gen imo.

Top Bottom