• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah man I'm not trying to hear about how good someone's tongue feels tbh
So it ain't just me?
p0hOOJV.png

artsi

This 11 years older woman wants me to go there again this weekend and other girl wants to come over on monday.

I think I just wanna play some video games :(

So, my dad introduced me to this girl and her family two years ago. Well, I met her parents first, and the next day, I met her. This was a week after my car accident, so I was limping and messed up, and I didn't know she'd drop by my office.

We chatted for fifteen minutes, then I got her number, I messaged her later on to ask her to coffee proper, no response.

Anyways, forward the clock two years later. This chick's parents come back to my dad and say they're still interested in getting their daughter hitched to me. My dad comes to me and tells me so and wants to do another family meet. I say no. She basically ignored/rejected me two years ago, so I'm simply not interested and looking at other people.

He gets her number, gives it to me, tells me to meet her for coffee in the next two days cause on Sunday they plan to meet her family and I need to give him a yes or no whether I wanna pursue this girl before then.

M2Pvx3u.gif

Indian parents, man.

He also gave my number to some girl's dad. He found that dude's number in the newspaper matrimonial ad section.

He saw that the ad said "5'3". Science degree. Looking for Sikh boy" and said "This girl is a perfect match for you!"

That is literally what happened.

M2Pvx3u.gif

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Sorry lol. Just pretty stoked to see her tonight. She had just me a selfie and so I was riding a high lol.

I'm more level headed now

Hey man, I know what it's like. You wanna tell everyone how amazing you feel about someone special to you. No biggie. Just gotta have a filter to what comes out lol

@NTGYK

Oh man. That sounds rough. I wouldn't even know how to react to those requests.

Lulubop

Can't help it bruh. One day out is okay. Two days out, I start missing her for ruhs. I haven't seen her since Saturday

I miss her voice. I miss her hair. I miss the way she feels pressed up against me. I miss the way she hums randomly. I miss the cute way she says "Iunno" when I ask her a dumb ass question. I miss how sweet she is. I miss her giggle. I miss the way she says "Yay!" when she sees something that excites her. I miss the way I can be cute with her but also have adult conversations. I miss her cute dresses she likes to wear. I miss this cute dimple on her face that she hates but I absolutely adore. I miss the way she smellls. I miss the way she calls me "her hufflepuff". I miss the way she plays with my hand. I miss the way I play her her hand. I miss the way her tongue feels.

We text pretty often, but it's not the same.

her what feels?

So, my dad introduced me to this girl and her family two years ago. Well, I met her parents first, and the next day, I met her. This was a week after my car accident, so I was limping and messed up, and I didn't know she'd drop by my office.

We chatted for fifteen minutes, then I got her number, I messaged her later on to ask her to coffee proper, no response.

Anyways, forward the clock two years later. This chick's parents come back to my dad and say they're still interested in getting their daughter hitched to me. My dad comes to me and tells me so and wants to do another family meet. I say no. She basically ignored/rejected me two years ago, so I'm simply not interested and looking at other people.

He gets her number, gives it to me, tells me to meet her for coffee in the next two days cause on Sunday they plan to meet her family and I need to give him a yes or no whether I wanna pursue this girl before then.

M2Pvx3u.gif

Indian parents, man.
Damn...I knew you were Indian before I even finished the post...

M2Pvx3u.gif

Indian parents, man.

Right, so in two years she's not found anyone else? Your dad must be so proud you're the best of the rejects.... or to put it another way, that desperate last minute hook up before the nightclub closes. Tell all of them no!

M2Pvx3u.gif

Indian parents, man.

Just keep firm on the naw.

I think I'm the equivalent of a canine drug dog for crazy chicks. Somehow, every single time, I go for the insane ones.

I have a friend like that. Complains about it a lot. He'll deny it til the cows come home but he likes the drama. Look deep down and ask yourself truthfully. The red flags with crazy people are apparent. Falling for it once? Happens to lots of people. Every single time, its just as much you as them.

finalflame

I have a friend like that. Complains about it a lot. He'll deny it til the cows come home but he likes the drama. Look deep down and ask yourself truthfully. The red flags with crazy people are apparent. Falling for it once? Happens to lots of people. Every single time, its just as much you as them.

Yah, I'm under no illusion that it's not my own fault for chasing them even when I see the red flags. I guess the "is it worth it" part is what I haven't arrived at a hard "No" for yet. Lowest of lows, but also highest of highs...

My fuckin life story

giphy.gif

Gotta tune your radar better. Independent, speaks her own mind, free spirit or whatever else you want to paint her red flags with.

Yup, the thing is, the same things that make them crazy are the things that draw me to them. I usually know what's happening, but then there's always a "holy fuck, she is REALLY ACTUALLY insane" moment, and that was a couple of nights for the girl I'm chasing right now.

It probably doesn't help that I'm 27 but have maintained the age of the girls I date at ~21. It's not like I'm looking for anything serious anyways but, boy, what a ride single life can be sometimes.

I not-so secretly like it

Maybe that'll change when one of these girls stabs me or breaks my shit or something.

Being back in the game and im already in to deep with to many dates. At least most of my weekend will be spent being a dungeon master and playing board games.

Have any of you had a brunch first date work out.

I have had 2 of them and neither of them worked. I was way to aware of everything and not the biggest fan of mimosas or bloody marys to dull my senses and loosen it up.

Went on a date last night to this new suburban brewery. One guy running the shop. Then some townies come in. There is maybe 10 people in the whole place. About 2 hours into the date. This old guy just comes up next to us and just says "I know you are here with your boyfriend but your hair is beautiful" and launches into this story about his school teacher being miss Indiana 2 years in a row and her hair was better then that. He walks off to the bathroom after.

I love when things go hilarious sideways for a second. I think i will see her again.

Went on a date last night to this new suburban brewery. One guy running the shop. Then some townies come in. There is maybe 10 people in the whole place. About 2 hours into the date. This old guy just comes up next to us and just says "I know you are here with your boyfriend but your hair is beautiful" and launches into this story about his school teacher being miss Indiana 2 years in a row and her hair was better then that. He walks off to the bathroom after.

I love when things go hilarious sideways for a second. I think i will see her again.

Honestly it's great when that sort of stuff comes up because it's a good way to see if the person you're dating is able to handle unexpected situations.

Yah, I'm under no illusion that it's my own fault for chasing them even when I see the red flags. I guess the "is it worth it" part is what I haven't arrived at a hard "No" for yet. Lowest of lows, but also highest of highs

I dunno. If you are evaluating it such that you see the flags and are just saying w/e then I don't really know what the problem is. Just like "bail" at the flags or like, accept that you are entertaining a shit show but you like the experience.

If you didnt know what to look for that is one thing. If you just enjoy self inflicted suffering then you really can't complain when it hurts.

Right, so in two years she's not found anyone else? Your dad must be so proud you're the best of the rejects.... or to put it another way, that desperate last minute hook up before the nightclub closes. Tell all of them no!

That's what I told him! She basically found no one else, so they circled around back to me.

My dad doesn't listen though. I just get shamed and guilted when I put up a fight or an argument.

I have no issues with getting married, but considering I have to plan to marry for the rest of my life, I just wanna find the right girl. He's feeling more desperate than I am. Every time he introduces me to someone, he's convinced this is the right one, just cause of arbitrary reasons or that he likes the family or something. He doesn't pay attention to what I like in a girl, and he thinks that you'll just magically develop chemistry later.

Big Blue

M2Pvx3u.gif

Indian parents, man.

I literally was typing 'are you Indian?' before I finished the post. That's rough.

Tsukumo

Indian parents, man.

Not necessarily related but you should see the movie Two Lovers.

finalflame

I dunno. If you are evaluating it such that you see the flags and are just saying w/e then I don't really know what the problem is. Just like "bail" at the flags or like, accept that you are entertaining a shit show but you like the experience.

If you didnt know what to look for that is one thing. If you just enjoy self inflicted suffering then you really can't complain when it hurts.

Oh, you're right. I'm moreso just venting/making conversation in the thread I suppose. It's frustrating in the moment, but more fun (to me) than other situations which I find more boring.

M2Pvx3u.gif

My dad will probably tell me the following:

"It's not like you're anything special, NTGYK. Don't be so proud that you can just turn this girl down now that she's back."

And I'll be like

"What the fuck"

That sucks, dude :(

On a tangent, I remember being really into an Indian girl in high school, we had a ton in common and she was super smart, pretty and sweet. Asked her to a dance and got turned down, her friend Devi told me there's no way her parents would let her go out with a white guy, like it wasn't personal so not to feel bad

Still felt bad

Oh, you're right. I'm moreso just venting/making conversation in the thread I suppose. It's frustrating in the moment, but more fun (to me) than other situations which I find more boring.

Ah I see. Yeah, as long as you know what down I think you are fine. It's only when someone isn't connecting the dots about inputs and outcomes that there is a real issue imo.

M2Pvx3u.gif

My dad will probably tell me the following:

"It's not like you're anything special, NTGYK. Don't be so proud that you can just turn this girl down now that she's back."

And I'll be like

"What the fuck"

Ruthless. Parents man.

That sucks, dude :(

On a tangent, I remember being really into an Indian girl in high school, we had a ton in common and she was super smart, pretty and sweet. Asked her to a dance and got turned down, her friend Devi told me there's no way her parents would let her go out with a white guy, like it wasn't personal so not to feel bad

Still felt bad

I've had the whole spectrum of girls say thwir parents would freak out if they dated a black guy. Shrug. You get over it fast hahaha. Doesn't even phase me now. Lotta people in this world, can't dwell on the L.

Whenever someone is using Louie gifs to explain their feelings in life I automatically assume it's terrible and reading NTGYK's stuff is reaffirming it. Sorry dude.

Long time single person reporting in, got myself one of those relationship things!

Been seeing a girl for 3 weeks now and things have been going well! I met her through a mutual friend rather than dating apps or anything.

I've had the whole spectrum of girls say thwir parents would freak out if they dated a black guy. Shrug. You get over it fast hahaha. Doesn't even phase me now. Lotta people in this world, can't dwell on the L.

Yeah, actually it was one of the big revelatory moments in life where I realized that as bad as I felt then, other people have that happen even more, then had the same thing happen to me with some asian girls later, total bullshit man

One day soon, I'm gonna write up a long, long post on all the arranged marriage meetups I've been forced to endure over the last two years, and how all of them crashed and burned.

And then we'll cue the Louie gifs.

And I sent a text to the girl asking "What changed over the last two years? It seemed like there wasn't much interest or chemistry between us back then"

And I showed my friend, and he confirmed:

"Things did change. She got desperate."

One day soon, I'm gonna write up a long, long post on all the arranged marriage meetups I've been forced to endure over the last two years, and how all of them crashed and burned.

And then we'll cue the Louie gifs.

And I sent a text to the girl asking "What changed over the last two years? It seemed like there wasn't much interest or chemistry between us back then"

And I showed my friend, and he confirmed:

"Things did change. She got desperate."

Yeah man, there's no way I would get into that. You'd live the rest of your life knowing you were the consolation prize, the one she kept on the backburner while she tried to find something better and failed.

I don't see how that's a healthy relationship for either of you. You'll both be resentful from Day 0.

Yeah man, there's no way I would get into that. You'd live the rest of your life knowing you were the consolation prize, the one she kept on the backburner while she tried to find something better and failed.

I don't see how that's a healthy relationship for either of you. You'll both be resentful from Day 0.

I said to her:

So I just wanna get this out of the way first: I guess a couple years ago we didn't really have any chemistry, and it's not like we really chatted much back then, so did something change?

She said in return:

When they first talked about marriage, I wasn't looking to get married because I had plans to study and focus on my business. I changed my mind about studying and I guess now is the right time to get to know each other. If you're okay with this, we can keep talking and find out more about each other.

All I'm seeing is "I couldn't find anyone better." It's not like you can't talk or date while you're studying or working on a business.

Peltz

Can't help it bruh. One day out is okay. Two days out, I start missing her for ruhs. I haven't seen her since Saturday

I miss her voice. I miss her hair. I miss the way she feels pressed up against me. I miss the way she hums randomly. I miss the cute way she says "Iunno" when I ask her a dumb ass question. I miss how sweet she is. I miss her giggle. I miss the way she says "Yay!" when she sees something that excites her. I miss the way I can be cute with her but also have adult conversations. I miss her cute dresses she likes to wear. I miss this cute dimple on her face that she hates but I absolutely adore. I miss the way she smellls. I miss the way she calls me "her hufflepuff". I miss the way she plays with my hand. I miss the way I play her her hand. I miss the way her tongue feels.

We text pretty often, but it's not the same.
0bbd7a7660b6b47c1618b7a3c2209271.jpg

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Long time single person reporting in, got myself one of those relationship things!

Been seeing a girl for 3 weeks now and things have been going well! I met her through a mutual friend rather than dating apps or anything.

Niiiiiiiiice. All my relationships started from a friend recommendation. That seems to be the best way for me. Although they were all nuts.

I said to her:
She said in return:
All I'm seeing is "I couldn't find anyone better." It's not like you can't talk or date while you're studying or working on a business.

I can't comment on the chance of success or failure in something like this because I don't know anything about these type of arranged relationships

I said to her:

She said in return:

Tbh there is pretty much no reason I would pursue someone who already rejected me. Once I'm out I'm out. You seem much more in that mindset right now. I think you should just say that you lost interest and are at a different place right now.

Yeah, actually it was one of the big revelatory moments in life where I realized that as bad as I felt then, other people have that happen even more, then had the same thing happen to me with some asian girls later, total bullshit man

I dunno. Personally, my revelation was to stop caring. It's one thing to dwell on flaws you can fix. It's another thing to feel bad over shit that you aint ever gonna change nor should want to. Nothing gonna make you asian so why even dwell? If that is their criteria so be it, peace then.

No point feeling some type of way about it as if being sad or mad will change anything. You feel better when you just like "yeah w/e".

Atlas157

Well.. this is my first time posting in this thread so I hope this is the right place for this.

My girlfriend of seven months broke up with me a few days ago, and completely cut contact with me today. The problem here is that she was extremely emotionally abusive and controlling. But I feel lost without her and I miss her very, very much still. I want her to come back but I also don't want to be hurt anymore.

I'm not very intelligent when it comes to relationship problems, or dealing with them, so any kind of advice would help fill this hole in my chest.

Well.. this is my first time posting in this thread so I hope this is the right place for this.

My girlfriend of seven months broke up with me a few days ago, and completely cut contact with me today. The problem here is that she was extremely emotionally abusive and controlling. But I feel lost without her and I miss her very, very much still. I want her to come back but I also don't want to be hurt anymore.

I'm not very intelligent when it comes to relationship problems, or dealing with them, so any kind of advice would help fill this hole in my chest.

At least you recognize that she was abusive. And it's great that you understand that you don't deserve to be hurt.

Now talk to a therapist about it. Seriously.

Calion

Cut all contact, and block her on all platforms. You need to heal.

Salamando

AD covered therapy, so I'll mention the gym. You're about to find yourself with a lot of free time and a lot of emotional energy, and it's better to spend it doing something active. Idle bodies are prime candidates for overthinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom