• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Fincher nears deal to direct 'World War Z 2'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I loved the main theme in the original. Oh and Daniella Kertesz is so damn cute. Really liked the first one (never read the comics), so if Fincher comes on board, all it does is makes part II even better.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Are the zombies even a threat anymore considering how the first movie ended?

Maybe everyone else dies from the diseases they willing contracted and it's a slice of life film about the living dead

Way more talented of a director than this film would deserve. Hope he doesn't end up wasting his time on this and works on another project instead.

Dominator

That's an interesting choice, and even more interesting that he's interested in it.

I still enjoy the first one, I like how all 3 acts are different. Act 3 is aces, so good.

Gorillaz

The same fincher who was against doing big tentpole flicks for studios?

Unless brad is just that cool with him I can't see this

It feels like the two parties have been circling each other for a little while now (I actually thought this was an old bumped thread), so it's cool to know things are actually close.

(Also, what's up with all the posters deciding what's worth Fincher's time?)

Chumley

Banned
Of all the things Fincher could be doing.

Why. Is this the first sequel and mainstream blockbuster he'll have done?

Anung

Un Rama
I'm not sure these things have ever been primary motivating factors for Fincher's work. Not that he doesn't care about money of course, but he spends time on projects which interest him.

You never know though maybe doing this might be a stepping stone to getting a passion project greenlit. Or maybe he truly believes he can do something interesting with this movie?

Guess we'll need to wait and see.

geestack

i think it's interesting how fincher loves to adapt genre novels now, with dragon tattoo, gone girl, this, and mindhunter

Of all the things Fincher could be doing.

Why. Is this the first sequel and mainstream blockbuster he'll have done?

God forbid he might actually be genuinely interested in the material.

I love the people who peg someone as being above something like they know them personally. Maybe he's a huge zombie nerd? Who knows.

Fincher seems like he nears a lot of deals that don't end up happening.

Definitely down for a big-budget zombie movie by Fincher & Pitt though.

commedieu

Banned
Seeing as how wwz had little to nothing to do with the book...cool?

Another zombie movie.

Ah... speaking of zombie movies. Everyone should check out train to busan. That shit was solid.

Got

Banned
The Walking Dead could redeem itself if it took a page from the WWZ book and did an anthology series like Black Mirror. Give up-and-coming directors and writers a shot at doing stand-alone episodes with different stories.

On topic, I hope they follow the book format.

Ah... speaking of zombie movies. Everyone should check out train to busan. That shit was solid.

MbafD7t.gif

After finally watching it after hearing all the hype, I didn't see the appeal. Movie is sentimental as fuck, none of the characters are particularly dynamic or interesting, and the zombie action was just okay.

But yeah: sentimental. as. fuck.

danm999

Another zombie movie huh? Not against the idea in theory but by 2019 or whenever this ends up coming out you kind of need some sort of hook to get my attention.

jett

D-Member
By the time it comes out in 2019 (I guess) it would be Fincher's first movie in five years.

why

why is this dude wasting his time with this shit

I'm sure someone is hoping this thing happens but I hope it falls apart. :p

I wanna ask why the fuck Fincher is wasting his time with this, but then I wonder what the fuck could be so appealing about the project to Fincher for him to consider it.

Im wagering there wont be a "2" in the movie's title :p

This is exactly how I feel. God, the book has SO MUCH potential and the movie just blew all of it but what's here for Fincher beyond Brad Pitt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom