• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Fincher nears deal to direct 'World War Z 2'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

brad and him are really good frenids. and brad wanted a bomb ass director for it..

i wish they would make a movie together every year....

personally im glad his back on movies, Fincher wasted his time on House of Cards.

goona be awesome to watch a amazing good zombie movie for once...

That was a good investment. The actual waste of time was setting up 2-3 shows at HBO that were all killed before they could even go to air.

That was a good investment. The actual waste of time was setting up 2-3 shows at HBO that were all killed before they could even go to air.

Yup. House of Cards didn't really take up that much of Fincher's time. He helped get the show setup, directed the first two episodes, and then bounced more or less.
It's Beau Willimon's show, in actuality.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I really liked the first movie, liked the book as well. They definitely different projects, but I enjoyed them both. Looking forward to a new film in the same universe.

Kadayi

Banned

Indeed, the shitshow with that was, having secured the rights to make a US version of the UK C4 show Utopia, that production was killed off as part of the deal.

Strax

He's right about dragon tattoo tho. It's shit. I never read the books but I saw the awful Swedish movies and the only thing Fincher could get out of his version was some dope actors and photography (soundtrack too)

I'm glad he dropped the idea of making the sequel. Gone Girl was dope, however.

Eh. The swedish version was much better then the Fincher version, especially the casting.

Vic_Viper

Would love to see Fincher direct the sequel. Hopefully the script is actually finished this time though before they start filming. I dont think Fincher has done anything like this and im pretty excited to see what his take on the genre will look like.

Mifune

Mehmber
brad and him are really good frenids. and brad wanted a bomb ass director for it..

i wish they would make a movie together every year....

personally im glad his back on movies, Fincher wasted his time on House of Cards.

goona be awesome to watch a amazing good zombie movie for once...

Fincher is doing more TV than ever, though. He's got Mindhunter this fall and at least one other high profile project he's circling.

Fincher's my favorite director and I really don't get the people saying ''He's too good for that'' or ''He could be doing something better''.

And as a Fincher fan all I can think of is how amazing a zombie movie by David Fincher would be like. :D

Since this news hit yesterday, I've been giving it some thought.

He could make a fucking fantastic movie with the material, so I'm cautiously optimistic. He's so damn talented that this kinda leaves me flabbergasted, but I imagine he wouldn't sign on unless it's moving in a direction where he has creative control.

I wonder if they'll frame this like a sequel entirely, or market it as a fresh start. I know Pitts character will return, and it will be a sequel of sorts, but that doesn't stop them from tonally rebooting the picture.

Nicodemic

I wanna ask why the fuck Fincher is wasting his time with this, but then I wonder what the fuck could be so appealing about the project to Fincher for him to consider it.

Im wagering there wont be a "2" in the movie's title :p

World War Zoo. Billion dollars movie right here.

Sadist

Not surprising, first one did pretty well.

First half of the movie was actually pretty neat. Then the Jeruzalem thing started and it went straight into cringe city. Shame really.

Blader

Since this news hit yesterday, I've been giving it some thought.

He could make a fucking fantastic movie with the material, so I'm cautiously optimistic. He's so damn talented that this kinda leaves me flabbergasted, but I imagine he wouldn't sign on unless it's moving in a direction where he has creative control.

I wonder if they'll frame this like a sequel entirely, or market it as a fresh start. I know Pitts character will return, and it will be a sequel of sorts, but that doesn't stop them from tonally rebooting the picture.

It'll be six years since the first came out by the time this releases, so a soft reboot approach is probably likely. I hope they keep the Israeli soldier from the first movie around though. She and Pitt had nice chemistry that also seemed like it happened by accident, ha.

jelly

Maybe Fincher will manage to extract a good performance out of Pitt. It's been a while.

He is lost when he isn't eating :p

Pitt is pretty decent when he tries but he hasn't done too many films recently. What really bugs me is his closed mouth chin smile, is he hiding wrinkles or something. He does it a lot now.

Thewonandonly

Fede Alvarez is doing it. He is the director to Don't Breathe and Evil Dead (2013).
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!

Why they taking great talent like Alvarez and giving him reigns to a franchise that already flopped two seperate times. Hollywood we don't want to see a bunch of people raping each other...

I think that's what the film is about but I have never seen it or read the books

neoism

He is lost when he isn't eating :p

Pitt is pretty decent when he tries but he hasn't done too many films recently. What really bugs me is his closed mouth chin smile, is he hiding wrinkles or something. He does it a lot now.
Lol that's been his smile his whole career....

I liked the first and with Pitt and David on board it'll be awesome fight club and TCCOBB is two of my fav movies ever made...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom