• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Day 1 patch makes COD: Ghosts SP 1080p on PS4, is 720p without patch

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
what a big fuck up

did reviewers review with the patch
MP was 1080p all along. Those who were playing MP footage could tell the difference beyond just "well I think it's a bit.. more clear, maybe?"

You could basically tell who sounded confident about this, and it was all probably coming from who played MP or SP.

Guymelef

Hah, I need to watch that IGN video review again.

"As you can see, the PS4 is a bit more crisp" (shows single player)
placebo1.jpg

Sendou

So how long will we hear people asking from devs to patch in 60FPS or 1080p? I'm totally seeing that this will be a thing.

Ok, but why did XBO have a smoother frame rate at 720p? Bizarre.

It did not have a smoother framerate. PS4 version has issues (had?) in some areas that made the framerate drop. It's not like one runs at 50 and the other at 60.

OMG! ALL THE PEOPLE THAT JUMPED STRAIGHT AWAY AT POLYGON'S NECK!

This is absolutely amazing! I'm laughing out loud!

And rightfully so:

"It's possible that the PS4 version looked somewhat sharper, but that may have just been my imagination"

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Hmm, seems all the people calling others out for not being able to tell the difference between the two versions need their eyes checked. ;)

Well, that was said under the assumption one was 1080p and the other 720p.
It's Activision who should apologize now.

I'm starting to think that Ghosts should just be sweeped under the rug and never be talked about again anywhere by anyone

Ghosts
Redacted

This stuff is absolutely nuts. And on top of that an exclusive patch reveal? What the heck?

Still playing the game because I'm addicted to the online play, but this is getting ridiculous.

a916

So what are all these reviews who thought the PS4 game looked sharper because of the resolution jump?

(I hope they had the latest patch, otherwise they got some explaining to do...)

frayne182

Banned
Most entertaining launch I can remember honestly. I sure as hell don't remember the 360/PS3/Wii launch being this hilarious.

to be fair those consoles didn't have the social media we have now. I can't imagine going through the SNES/Genesis days with all this social media.

PSGames

Oh god, so that makes a lot of reviews kind of hilarious now.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh boy.

Wow. It really brings to question the credibility of all these sites that stated the PS4 version was much sharper when they were both 720p at the time. Crazy.

Durante

Well, that explains things.

Just wondering... for the people that lambasted the reviewers saying they should get their eyes checked cause they couldn't tell the difference between the Xbone and PS4 version : are you going to eat some crow?
No, because I said this:
Either the game is not rendering at 1080p on PS4 and 720p on XB1 or all these game journalists should go to an optometrist.
Always hedge your bets against unexpected insanity :p

RaikuHebi

Banned
So what are all these reviews who thought the PS4 game looked sharper because of the resolution jump?

(I hope they had the latest patch, otherwise they got some explaining to do...)
The 50% GPU advantage ain't just used for the resolution.

IW: "Hey bro's, lets have all the review copies for both systems run at 720p so that there is dat balance... after the reviews come out we can patch in 1080p for the PS4 and just say it was a configuration issue"
MS: "No doubt yo!"

Top Bottom