• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daytona USA announced for XBLA, PSN

I just love how Model 1/2 games had those beautiful, clearly defined polygons. It was high-tech back then and now it just looks an awesome art style. Timeless.

Gagaman

For those doubting that Sega could port old Model 2 and 3 games on the fly don't forget this..

Gunblade-NY-and-LA-Machineguns-Arcade-Pal-Front-Cover-47046.jpg

Never thought we'd see these on a console yet there they were all of a sudden. In the case of their racing games it is only really car licenses that might get in the way. But if Daytona USA can happen with it's name intact who knows?

Gagaman said:
For those doubting that Sega could port old Model 2 and 3 games on the fly don't forget this..

Never thought we'd see these on a console yet there they were all of a sudden. In the case of their racing games it is only really car licenses that might get in the way. But if Daytona USA can happen with it's name intact who knows?

I still need to pick this up!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
herzogzwei1989 said:
again, what steering wheel should I get for the PS3 version ?

"Drive like a pro with included support for the Logitech GT Driving Force steering wheel controller on PS3™"

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Gagaman said:

Holy shit why didn't I know this existed? I am out the door so fast.

also daytona yay

Dave Long

Banned
There was a like-new pre-owned Gunblade NY/LA Machineguns at a Gamestop near me. Picked it up at lunchtime. I love both of them. Great games!

Other than some pop-up and some serious need for AF the game looks and sounds perfect.

Finally you can play Daytona USA at home... fuck yeah!

Aizu_Itsuko said:
Other than some pop-up and some serious need for AF the game looks and sounds perfect.

Finally you can play Daytona USA at home... fuck yeah!

There's less pop-up than the original Model 2 version. I think it's based on Sega Racing Classic.

So this is just the arcade game content, and not anything added to the later versions (the DC version had eight tracks, a series mode, and a bunch of cars, for instance)? If so that's too bad, even if it's pretty cool that the game is being re-released again for new systems, it's unfortunate that it's only with some of the game's content.

Also, no splitscreen?

I've been contemplating getting myself a logitech wheel for the past few weeks, but now that sega is going to put out this great classic I might as well get it. Can't wait :)

Those screens show quite a lot of modes and additional stuff to do... Yesss.... Inject this directly into my veins right now!! Sega from 1994??! Is it really you?!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
This AM Port Team thing was the best thing Sega has done recently, but I'm going to start calling them Team Bunny in honor of that teaser...

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
twinturbo2 said:
This AM Port Team thing was the best thing Sega has done recently, but I'm going to start calling them Team Bunny in honor of that teaser...

Heh, team bunny is great! I'm partial to "AM Port Team" myself though. That name rawks!

SkylineRKR

Climax saw an excellent port as well. If you compare their work to Sumo, then its not hard to decide which one comes out on top.

I hope the name 'AM Port team' implies its not around for just a few games.

HOLY SHIT! They have a dedicated AM2 porting team now?! YYYYYEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proper ports of the Virtua Cop games on Wii/Wii U please!

Hopefully it's not just AM2 games that they'll be porting. Would be nice to get proper home console versions of HOTD 1 and 4 some time soon!

Trojan X

Banned
Gagaman said:

WTF?>!?!?!?!?! I HAD NO IDEA OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE PURCHASED IT! STUPID SEGA!! WHERE WAS THE MARKETING FOR THAT ONE?!?!?!?!!!! As Vegeta from DBZ would say, "STUPID IMBECILES!"

Soon as I have more money coming in, I'm going to go out and buy this game.

Gagaman said:

Since when was this released?!

Top Bottom