• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Campea just on the lastest Collider video reiterated what he said before about Ben wanting out but added,
he got another call saying its mutual and WB doesn't want him playing Batman as well.

I don't believe it but holy fuck if that was true somehow.

Man if true then I guess we should take campea's grain of salt with a grain of salt

BadAss2961

LOL Campea just on the lastest Collider video reiterated what he said before about Ben wanting out but added,
he got another call saying its mutual and WB doesn't want him playing Batman as well.

I don't believe it but holy fuck if that was true somehow.
Really? He trollin.

Complain about the media running with rumors he's unsure about, only to double down and do it again just days later. lol

shingi70

Banned
I'll be completely honest, I Luke the dceu films to varrying degrees, but

1. Batman should have been cast younger
2. They should have this planned out as soon as Man of Steel was finished
3. Batman v Superman should not have been the 2nd DC movie after man of steel.

Ross61

I thought the original slate was the plan and they kept it flexible for spinoffs of things people liked.

TBH, I hope they do away with a slate and announce what gonna come out the preceding year.

IconGrist

I thought the original slate was the plan and they kept it flexible for spinoffs of things people liked.

TBH, I hope they do away with a slate and announce what gonna come out the preceding year.

I'm not a fan of the slate process. The whole time I was watching Strange the other day I really couldn't enjoy it because I just kept wondering what it had to do with Infinity War. Didn't help the movie was boring on top of that.

firelogic

I'm not a fan of the slate process. The whole time I was watching Strange the other day I really couldn't enjoy it because I just kept wondering what it had to do with Infinity War. Didn't help the movie was boring on top of that.

I'm in the minority here but I think Marvel has done a terrible job with the whole Thanos and the Infinity Gems angle. They just dragged it out for way too long to the point where I don't give a shit. Also, if the Avengers have a tough time against the likes of copy/paste aliens (Avengers) and copy/paste robots (Age of Ultron) how are they going to handle the likes of Thanos with all/most of the gems in his possession? Not to mention one gem is capable of destroying entire galaxies. Going by how they've performed in the past, Thanos should murder them all in an instant. Of course that's not happening which makes them beating Thanos ridiculous based on their "big bad" resume. They set it up terribly.

More on topic, I don't like Campea.

Get rid of Cyborg's solo, make that shit Teen Titans starring Cyborg and prioritize it.
I'd be hyped as hell at that announcement.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Marvel finally has a goddamn masterpiece in the form of Dr.Strange and u fuckers don't like it. Smh.

MisterHero

i like dr strange because it has a magic bad guy that was actually magic

and a bad guy

I'm really curious to how Snyder will handle magic-based characters. :p

okdakor

copy/paste robots (Age of Ultron)

De8twoK.png

I hope that it's just a training session and not the production thinking that if Batman beats up robots, he can "kill" without criticisms

Busty

Banned
Posted this in the OT thread about Reeves' agents leaving the negotiating table....,

This smacks of the new head of production at Warners, Toby Emmerich who is known for keeping a control on costs while at New Line, making a stand and showing the town what his new regime will be all about. And what better way to do that but with his first big deal while in charge.

I suspect he wants to make an example of Matt Reeves (or, more accurately, his agents) and show that under his watch WB will perhaps not be as free spending, when it comes to talent, in future.

Or none of those things.

Either way they are 100% making this film.

IconGrist

Posted this in the OT thread about Reeves' agents leaving the negotiating table....,

This smacks of the new head of production at Warners, Toby Emmerich who is known for keeping a control on costs while at New Line, making a stand and showing the town what his new regime will be all about. And what better way to do that but with his first big deal while in charge.

I suspect he wants to make an example of Matt Reeves (or, more accurately, his agents) and show that under his watch WB will perhaps not be as free spending, when it comes to talent, in future.

Or none of those things.

Yea, I was talking about this earlier in the Discord. WB planting their feet.

Ross61

Or none of those things.

Gavin O'Connor or Fede Alvarez Batman coming soon.

(Really hope Reeves and his agents reconsider if true :()

Bleepey

This is good reading especially since I'm watching BvS again. There's some new things in here that I hadn't thought of like BvS being a deconstruction of the modern myth. I would like to see that point made clearer.

But anyways, BvS holds up very very well. I wonder why most people ignore its messages.

It was a joke darling. Calm down.

A lot of people are too stubborn in their ways. They'd hate to have to acknowledge that a lot of their plotholes or complaints were addressed in the film. I could pinpoint so many times where people mentioned plotholes and were being high 5ed by other posters till I had to be there to say, no that was addressed in the film andit's perfectly logical why certain characters did x,y and z. Some complaints included:

Why did Lois go back for the spear?
Batman never kills, why is he killing?
Why did Superman pick up the spear?
Why not give it to Wonder Woman?
Lex never explained his motivation
They never had someone to acknowledge the damage in MEtropolis
How does the mMrtha moment make sense
CW and BVS are totally not alike
Civil War does everything better than BVS. This one annoys me because CW gets so many passes whilst BVS is nitpicked like crazy. BVS is scrutinised with a fine tooth comb regarding how Lex manipulated everyone in the film, but when I ask how Zemo knew that Tony and Steve would feel conflicted on the Sokovia accords it's handwaived away.as just the two playing themselves.

Dyl

I assume everyone here knows the deal with trusting reactions to early screenings. With that said, there was apparently a Wonder Woman screening tonight in California.

Met @ZackSnyder tonight at a screening of @WonderWomanFilm haha it was so random but awesome!
https://twitter.com/MrDotRivers/status/833157680638291970
Just saw a screening from a D.C film. Damn that's all imma say.
the screening happened today, and it was great.
https://twitter.com/BLu7ohnny/status/833145163367079936
https://twitter.com/BLu7ohnny/status/833157333291134976
Surprisingly [liked it]. It's not a perfect movie and I'm not sure what reviewers will think of it but I thought it was pretty great. I was actually trying to see it from the perspective of a critic and I found little to complain about.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemat...nfirms_todays_test_screening_was_for/ddxecda/

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Oh boy, here we go. No matter what anyone says out of those early screenings, WB/DC won't be able to win. If they're all positive "Of course they're gonna say it's great it was a free movie and they have inside knowledge", if it's bad, "LOLOL just burn it down looolz"

Need those early screenings to have critics in them to provide some legitimacy, like what Logan did and the first 40 minutes.

Ninjimbo

jrush64

Banned
I honestly want this movie to be received very well. However considering Suicide Squad, I'm just gonna quote Jay-z:

"We don't believe you, you need more people!"

Ross61

So it seems that, David Thewlis will be playing
Ares
in Wonder Woman. He will be
a mix of CGI and practical effect

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Come on guys we know the drill at this point... The early screenings are great and then the WB execs come in and fuck shit up.

'That is a good movie you got there...would be a shame if something were to happen to it'

Patty: Nooooo

IconGrist

Well now that test screenings are going on we're in that phase where we'll start hearing from insiders whether or not the movie is a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom