• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's one of the guys in that photo with Diana, Steve, Fez guy, and Said. He's wearing baggy clothes and a hat.

I could be mistaken.

I think that's a different actor, though I could be mistaken.

Snyder is a cool dude. Takes inspiration and gets hyped by some odd stuff ("Batman needs a mess of guns!") but he's definitely a fan.

firelogic

I'm all for different interpretations of established characters. It adds variety and if it doesn't work out, they can always go back to the original. And for the record, Batman has killed loads of people by blowing up buildings, cars, planes, boats, etc...throughout the history of the franchise. Not sure why it's become such a huge deal now.

Does anyone think that Nolan's Batman didn't kill anyone? Just in Batman Begins he must've killed dozens.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm all for different interpretations of established characters. It adds variety and if it doesn't work out, they can always go back to the original. And for the record, Batman has killed loads of people by blowing up buildings, cars, planes, boats, etc...throughout the history of the franchise. Not sure why it's become such a huge deal now.

Does anyone think that Nolan's Batman didn't kill anyone? Just in Batman Begins he must've killed dozens.

Only counts when Snyder does it. He created a bunch of unlikeable, soulless, coldblooded murdermachines.

In comparison to let's say Marvel who created loveable heroes who wouldn't hurt a fly.

I've said my peace on this before in this thread. I'll have to dig it up.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
but the avengers kill people all the time...

oh, thats your point

No they don't. The villains that die just lean into it, the Avengers didn't kill them. Just didn't save them is all. I learned that from Batman.

Ninjimbo

How could you hate this guy?

2ZAWyAC.jpg
I love this guy. He gets it.

Azazzel

No they don't. The villains that die just lean into it, the Avengers didn't kill them. Just didn't save them is all. I learned that from Batman.

Well for starters, the Avengers aren't held to a higher standard when it comes to killing. None of them have a "no kill" rule. Most of them are soldiers with a gimmick on them.

It always amazes me how far DC fans are willing to go to defend Znyder in his quest to do whatever the hell he pleases with the core values of these characters.

LionPride

Banned
Well for starters, the Avengers aren't held to a higher standard when it comes to killing. None of them have a "no kill" rule. Most of them are soldiers with a gimmick on them.

It always amazes me how far DC fans are willing to go to defend Znyder in his quest to do whatever the hell he pleases with the core values of these characters.
It's fucking amazing to witness sometimes

Lifeline

Anyone know if there's only Wonder Woman spoilers out there, or are their impressions too from people who watched it?

I know early impressions don't mean anything, would still like to know what people are thinking now though.

LionPride

Banned
Anyone know if there's only Wonder Woman spoilers out there, or are their impressions too from people who watched it?

I know early impressions don't mean anything, would still like to know what people are thinking now though.
I can't trust early impressions after being told thay TASM 2 was good and that Fant4stic was aight

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
As I said in the other thread, someone should PM the people on Twitter that saw it last night and ask them if the spoilers are legit.

I remember Steve having a heart to heart chat with Stanley Tucci about not wanting to kill anybody. And then Steve goes off to kill a whole bunch of people.

Tabby

I just want to say, it's hilarious how no one bat's an eye when Marvel makes a generic superhero movie but if DC does it, nah it's boring. Even if we're just reading words on a page.

Litan

I just want to say, it's hilarious how no one bat's an eye when Marvel makes a generic superhero movie but if DC does it, nah it's boring. Even if we're just reading words on a page.

The most frequent criticism for Doctor Strange in the reviews was that it was a typical origin story.

Y'all annoying as fuck with this persecution complex. Get a grip.

Boke1879

If WW ends up being a typical origin story. That's good. Yall can't worry about what people in OT or various forums think.

Nothing from what I've read is bad. Just seems generic. Which is the case for most comic book movies. If it translates on screen well then there isn't an issue.

IHaveIce

Banned

yes no one ever critized Marvel movies for looks or their safe strategies.

Oh wait. Get a grip, man, this movie universes might not be as important as you think they are.

If the spoilers are true it sounds like a safe origin movie.. nothing outstanding, nothing bad, exactly what DC needs right now IMO.

Though(regarding spoilers):
The thing about the sexless life of the Amazons is so bad and I hope it is not true

Tabby

The most frequent criticism for Doctor Strange in the reviews was that it was a typical origin story.

When Snyder made a fun Star Wars/BvS video just because, we get headlines like:

But I mean yeah it's just me thinking everyone wants to hate Snyder and the DCEU.

jrush64

Banned
When Snyder made a fun Star Wars/BvS video just because, we get headlines like:

But I mean yeah it's just me thinking everyone wants to hate Snyder and the DCEU.

That in particular was messed up. Like he's not even allowed to be a fan of star wars.

LionPride

Banned

Mmmm

It ain't just me sayin some of yall got a persecution complex

Very interesting...

IconGrist

Mmmm

It ain't just me sayin some of yall got a persecution complex

Very interesting...

It's a gaf meme at this point for this community. It won't be the last time you hear it. It's honestly pretty fucking insulting when you take a step back. There were a few times it applied but now every time anyone (even outside of this community) complains about the DCEU backlash they immediately get labeled as having a persecution complex. Or if this person thought DC Movie A was better than Marvel Movie A well then obviously he has terrible taste in movies.

It happens on the flip side as well but its much more frequent for the DCEU fan.

Boke1879

Eh to be fair. like the post above with Zack and Star Wars there are people waiting to tear into you if you have a positive thing to say about DC movies.

I personally take issue when people go in on Gal's appearance. Talk about her acting all you want, but to take shots at her appearance is low. Or making fun of Snyder because he has dyslexia. It's just going too far.

LionPride

Banned
It's a gaf meme at this point for this community. It won't be the last time you hear it. It's honestly pretty fucking insulting when you take a step back. There were a few times it applied but now every time anyone (even outside of this community) complains about the DCEU backlash they immediately get labeled as having a persecution complex. Or if this person thought DC Movie A was better than Marvel Movie A well then obviously he has terrible taste in movies.

It happens on the flip side as well but its much more frequent for the DCEU fan.
It's not complints about DCEU backlash, but when people act as if someone is out to get these movies...

The majority thinks these movies are shit, straight up. That's fine. It's fine to enjoy them. It's not fine to act as if people are purposefully shitting on the movies because they really like the MCU

Well there are always fans who go overboard on both sides of the fence really. It's just that it's easier to lay low when things are fine and dandy on your end I guess.

I just don't think it's fair to pull the "persecution complex" card as a dismissal for every single marvel criticism/DCEU defense.

BadAss2961

I go to see John Wick 2 (which was great) and come back to a Wonder Woman TEST screening OT. I'm tired.
So how's that thread going anyway? For those reading it...

People have been saying it looks like a generic origin story for awhile now. Without giving any details, do screening impressions back that?

IHaveIce

Banned
Feels like every other day, some guys i've never seen before stop by to defend the MCU from our persecution complex.

Marvel sucks.

With Posts like these you will probably change the picture of this community thread in godspeed.

Seriously I love DC heroes and own a fuck ton of DC Comics, I'm not posting in here on a regular schedule because I voiced my opinion on the DC movies ( which I really don't like and think the source material got shit on) and was treated like I killed your guys' dogs or something.

And it is no secret that a handful of posters who are topposters in this thread can't seem to be able to discuss DC movies without dwelling down to "But the MCU did it aswell."

I really want good DC movies, I just think there still are none in the DCEU so far.

Is this the Mahvel thread? This is what I don't get, if you don't like DC movies, that's fine, if you come to this thread and tell us, that's fine as well, but the opposite apparently isn't fine. The people who don't agree with those apparently don't hold a legitimate position because "reasons". Stop trying to tell people what to think. Not everyone has too agree, plus, it isn't like this matters all that much, nobody is going to suffer because a minority likes a movie that a majority doesn't. There's no harm in that, there's no record to correct, just disagree and move on.

I also disagree with the moderation in this/OT threads, where just because the mods agree, they allow all those threads to become a letrine, no actual discussion happens and you get a bunch of posters trying to one up each other with nonsensical dross.

Now we the posters on this thread are supposed to agree with them? Seriously? Nah, fuck that noise.

BadAss2961

With Posts like these you will probably change the picture of this community thread in godspeed.

Seriously I love DC heroes and own a fuck ton of DC Comics, I'm not posting in here on a regular schedule because I voiced my opinion on the DC movies ( which I really don't like and think the source material got shit on) and was treated like I killed your guys' dogs or something.

And it is no secret that a handful of posters who are topposters in this thread can't seem to be able to discuss DC movies without dwelling down to "But the MCU did it aswell."

I really want good DC movies, I just think there still are none in the DCEU so far.
I want the receipts.

We probably have just as many MCU fans as DCEU fans that frequent the thread at this point. They're treated okay.

IconGrist

The minority of people who don't matter? It ain't all fanboys saying that BvS is a bad movie. It ain't all fanboys saying MoS is bad.

"All" is not what I'm saying. I'm not sure why this is such a point of contention. Favoritism is massively common. Does it really sound so outrageous to you? Feel free to take a gander at the Gaming Side from time to time if you don't already.

IHaveIce

Banned
I want the receipts.

We probably have just as many MCU fans as DCEU fans that frequent the thread at this point. They're treated okay.

Have none, not a fan of detectivegaf shenanigans.

Nowadays it is better, yes.
Let us all just hope that the WonderWoman leaks if true are a really good way to rebuild the trust in the DCEU.

LionPride

Banned
"All" is not what I'm saying. I'm not sure why this is such a point of contention. Favoritism is massively common. Does it really sound so outrageous to you? Feel free to take a gander at the Gaming Side from time to time if you don't already.
It's the fact that I see so many act as if it's all MCU fanboys/girls who are just hoping for these movies to fail. It ain't. I want these movies to succeed. I have said this many times, but at this rate? Nah son. I am one of many. More than the people wishing for this to fail. Who are again such a minority that exist that they don't matter except for assholes on message boards like GAF

And one thing that blows me, "Oh so and so happened in the MCU, why don't people talk about that??" Yeah that doesn't net you any goodwill.

BadAss2961

Early impressions before embargo lifts pretty much confirm what I always say about most fanboys. They'll usually like anything until critics tell them whether they should or not. lol

Ninjimbo

It's the fact that I see so many act as if it's all MCU fanboys/girls who are just hoping for these movies to fail. It ain't. I want these movies to succeed. I have said this many times, but at this rate? Nah son. I am one of many. More than the people wishing for this to fail.

And one thing that blows me, "Oh so and so happened in the MCU, why don't people talk about that??" Yeah that doesn't net you any goodwill.
No one in here cares enough about the MCU to want it to fail. Honestly. Pointing out the inconsistencies is just standard criticism.

LionPride

Banned
No one in here cares enough about the MCU to want it to fail. Honestly. Pointing out the inconsistencies is just standard criticism.
Did I say yall wanted it to fail?

But someone just mentioned people complaining about WW being a boring origin movie and how no one complained about Strange being that...that ain't true at all. Like it's factually incorrect

BadAss2961

Did I say yall wanted it to fail?

But someone just mentioned people complaining about WW being a boring origin movie and how no one complained about Strange being that...that ain't true at all. Like it's factually incorrect
Wonder Woman better be 90% fresh then. Otherwise we persecution complexin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom