• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
So since everyone agrees with the sentiment that discussion is really lame in here, how do you suggest we improve it? Community threads are more about the people in it than a specific discussion topic or single piece of news. It's a group effort. Any ideas? I don't feel I need to do this in the MCU thread at all because people just tend to talk about whatever new pieces of news or releases or toys or rumors without it turning immediately into a dumpster fire!

ban everyone named discotheque

way to miss my point dude

Are you saying the post was sarcasm? Because it's almost impossible to tell anymore when people are discussing these films.

So since everyone agrees with the sentiment that discussion is really lame in here, how do you suggest we improve it? Community threads are more about the people in it than a specific discussion topic or single piece of news. It's a group effort. Any ideas? I don't feel I need to do this in the MCU thread at all because people just tend to talk about whatever new pieces of news or releases or toys or rumors without it turning immediately into a dumpster fire!

I think we're in a bad spot. Warner Bros is silent on stuff like Wonder Woman and Justice League while the rumors have been negative. I'm sure if they were losing directors and possibly actors, it'd be the same over there. The drive-by persecution complex shit posts certainly don't help. All they do is antagonize and most never even come back.

LionPride

Banned
Can't say don't bring negative shit in here because then it's just a circle jerk w/o dissenting opinions

Really, just let folks talk. When something comes out, folks will talk about thingd critically. Right now all there is are rumors, rumors, and oh wait, rumors with people in OT talking bad about the movies and people in here complaining about it. It's like damn clockwork

I do think it would help if the discussion is more around actual news than garbage media conjecture and speculation about how everything is doomed cause a shitlord in YouTube said so.

Litan

Nothing to do but wait a year.
2018 will be the year the DCEU turns around. Once they start pumping out consistently good movies, discussions surrounding it will get better.

BadAss2961

It's fine to vent every now and then, no better place than here to do it. Don't even really mind the pessimists and MCU stans chiming in. This is fun.

Discussion here is alright. The guys here are alright. It's a more informed, more rational, less shitposting version of OT when it comes to the DCEU. We don't have to change anything.

ReiGun

I think it reached a boiling point on this forum when some doofus in the OT Reeves/Batman thread had a panic attack and compared some guy who didn't like mcu movies to trump voters

It was like...aiight this has gotten next level pathetic now

You're joking, right?

Some rules around the discussion of OT threads would help a lot, I think. The worst parts of this thread have never been the discussion of the actual movies - there actually tends to be pretty healthy debate around those - but the larger discussion around people's response to them. At least, that's what led to me posting in here way less.

I don't think you need to say no discussion of MCU films or what have you because that's silly and many posters in here also like those.

Also, more people need to take their beefs to the PMs. I lurk pretty often, and I always see accusations thrown at "you guys" and "DC/Marvel fans" when it's usually only a few character perpetuating at that crap. I say if you have a problem with a particular person, debate that person in private. No need to constantly shit the thread up with it, throwing shade at and dismissing everyone.

Ninjimbo

I feel like discussion here is fine. Don't feel like changing anything. When news comes out, we discuss it in a rational manner and no one gets heated unless you want to take the occasional "damaged" jokes seriously. It's usually chill here.

ReiGun

That went around a bit last year. I remember Devin Faraci (remember that name?) made that comparison a few times in the BvS aftermath.

m2sRBrD.gif

Superhero movies were a mistake.

Can't say don't bring negative shit in here because then it's just a circle jerk w/o dissenting opinions

Really, just let folks talk. When something comes out, folks will talk about thingd critically. Right now all there is are rumors, rumors, and oh wait, rumors with people in OT talking bad about the movies and people in here complaining about it. It's like damn clockwork

This. So much this.

Yager

Banned

Well, if there are practically no news nor movies, there's not much room for discussion. We've talked about the 3 DCEU movies a hundred milion times, what is wrong/right in the DCEU, about fucking Snyder/god Snyder...discussion won't improve until we get more movies/news. Also, we are a community of damaged people; some things can't be fixed.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So I was really bored tonight and made a spread sheet of all the comic book movies since Superman in 78...

I have their Rotten Tomato score and average as well as the RT Top Critic score and average, year released, domestic and world wide gross.

It's pretty interesting to see how some movies fared that you fondly remember

Comic Book Movie Spread Sheet

If I've overlooked a movie, let me know and I'll add it. Or if there's another category you'd like to see added.

god damn is Logan really scoring that high? I know it's still early but it's awesome how it seems to be the highest rated one since TDK. seems like critics were fiending for something different as well.

also I didn't know the Burton ones were rated so middling, that's a shame. love both of his Batman films.

Ahasverus

The story sounds really simple but with good concepts that are easy to transmit. I'm happy tbh. Patty shoukld direct more DCEU movies. Hopefully a great Wonder Woman sequel.

BTW, why aren't there Wonder Woman videogames? superhero God of War sounds like a no brainer.

IconGrist

The story sounds really simple but with good concepts that are easy to transmit. I'm happy tbh. Patty shoukld direct more DCEU movies. Hopefully a great Wonder Woman sequel.

BTW, why aren't there Wonder Woman videogames? superhero God of War sounds like a no brainer.

But then how would they continue throwing out Batman games if they made a Wonder Woman game? Did you even think about that?

Ahasverus

But then how would they continue throwing out Batman games if they made a Wonder Woman game? Did you even think about that?
I'm actually palying Arkham Knight for the first time and it becomes godawful sometimes. Such a great dissapointment coming from the first three. That goddamn Batmobile, I dont' feel like I'm Batman, I feel like i'm playing some military game because of the 10 sidequests only like 3 are villain related and they advance by fighting military guys and or tanks, the freefall in quality is disgusting. I feel like I'm not the only one who things that as I bought it new for like $15, it has to be the cheapest AAA game there is, which means they overshipped it, hard.

I need a palatte cleanser, gimme that colorful, epic Wonder Woman god of War clone with Batman combat!

IconGrist

I'm actually palying Arkham Knight for the first time and it becomes godawful sometimes. Such a great dissapointment coming from the first three. That goddamn Batmobile, I dont' feel like I'm Batman, I feel like i'm playing some military game because of the 10 sidequests only like 3 are villain related and they advance by fighting military guys and or tanks, the freefall in quality is disgusting. I feel like I'm not the only one who things that as I bought it new for like $15, it has to be the cheapest AAA game there is, which means they overshipped it, hard.

I need a palatte cleanser, gimme that colorful, epic Wonder Woman god of War clone with Batman combat!

I didn't care much for Arkham Knight either. Especially after the bold faced lie Rocksteady gave about the villain. Totally original my ass.

Busty

Banned
That went around a bit last year. I remember Devin Faraci (remember that name?) made that comparison a few times in the BvS aftermath.

Is it true that Faraci continues to write somewhere? I heard that he has an alternate Facebook account where he's posting write ups and reviews but I haven't actually seen anything he's done since the 'revelations'.

I know he was an insufferable dick but I actually really liked Faraci's work. Eh.

okdakor

Is it true that Faraci continues to write somewhere? I heard that he has an alternate Facebook account where he's posting write ups and reviews but I haven't actually seen anything he's done since the 'revelations'.

I know he was an insufferable dick but I actually really liked Faraci's work. Eh.

Not really "alternate", he just changed the name : https://www.facebook.com/devincf, his latest review is Logan

Penguin

I think, and this isn't anyone's fault, the main diff between MCU and DCEU is that everything ties into the MCU so when I jump into that thread could be talking about the movies or Netflix shows or SHIELD and what have you.

DC is a lot more siloed so we have plenty of threads for the TV shows, the animated movies get spun off into their own thing, even JL Action so it's just folks trying to fill the time in-between movie related things with no real regard for how.

Maybe as a community, we should try to discuss DC as a whole more readily in the lull. Comics, shows, animated movies, older movies, etc

So it doesn't go into this cyclical issue...

On that note, love this page from Empire Article

C5HdYZYWQAAiOu0.jpg:orig

Ninjimbo

Gal certainly looks the part now. It's getting harder for me to imagine anyone else in that role.

You know, after watching BvS again I came to the conclusion that Gal might be better than I thought as an actress. Too often we make the jokes that she's wooden or only has one facial expression but if you look at her scenes in BvS you see that's simply not the case. In her meatiest scene in the movie when she talks about the sword, she's actually kinda excellent.

You see her face run through a gamut of emotions. You see a little bit of smugness. You see some playfulness, some seriousness. It also helps that her banter with Ben is written well and Gal nails the tone.

I'm actually more excited to see WW now.

Still really impressed by how great WW's costume turned out, and it's looking better here than in BvS. One of the harder comic suits to adapt to live action and they struck the perfect balance.

For the movie itself, I have reservations on how I'll feel about it. Of the legit impressions, it's a Wonder Woman origin movie, and in a sense that's great because the character deserves one. But most superhero origin movies aren't to my tastes and the last I cared for was Iron Man. Unless it manages to be an especially good one of those, I don't know, it'll be probably be fine.

Blader

One of my local theaters is doing a 35mm midnight screening of Batman Forever next weekend. Has this movie risen to this kind of camp classic level now?

Ninjimbo

Amy Adams is sexy.

One of my local theaters is doing a 35mm midnight screening of Batman Forever next weekend. Has this movie risen to this kind of camp classic level now?
I honestly don't know the answer to this. I haven't seen it in a long time and the only things I do remember are Nicole Kidman being hot and Jim Carrey being a good Nygma.

I was going to quote a bunch of people and rehash conversation about the same tired crap yet again, but it doesn't seem worth it. All I will say we need to let people talk about DC in here. If someone posts an article about what Snyder was going for in BvS, let them,
If they want to talk about superman comics let them, if they want to compare MCU vs DCEU and how one is tackling deep themes and the other is about something else let them.
And if someone truly enjoys the movies , for fucks sake let them shout it from the rooftops!!!

And some of you need to stop coming in here thinking you're the police and telling people to stop feeling persecuted. You're either here to talk About DC stuff or you're not, but you are not helping by telling people what they should say. Ever. Thank you al, try and have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom