• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahasverus

Doomsday should've been too. I think its the right decision to hold back on showing him.
It was stupid to had him spoiled, but Ares is an actual character in the movie so it should not even be telegraphed.
In fact, that they've put the german guy on front tells us they really want to keep him under wraps

Some gifs. More shortly.
6bN3ir1.gif

bUz2sgc.gif

aJq8lCO.gif

It was stupid to had him spoiled, but Ares is an actual character in the movie so it should not even be telegraphed.
In fact, she that they've put the german guy on front tells us they really want to keep him under wraps

So, just to make sure I read the spoilers right...

Ares is disguised as one of Diana's companions, right? One of the "good guys." Wonderful twist, assuming they don't totally telegraph it.

IconGrist

That's a Snyder like twist hahaha. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the original script (the guy got some things right after all).

I was cool with Jimmy getting plugged for 2 reasons. One, because fuck Jimmy Olsen. Two, it was done in a way you can write that off as not actually Jimmy but someone stealing his credentials. It's not like a CIA operative would use his real name anyway.

But you'd have trouble convincing me Etta murdering someone out of nowhere was justifiable in any context.

Ashhong

fuck guys..I couldn't help myself and read those spoilers. Can we not discuss spoilers in here for the fools with no self control like me?

also, i want to read the best DC comics story right now, preferably with all of the core JL. What is it and how do I read it digitally right now? I think I read an Infinite Crisis or something back in 2006 and that was it.

fuck guys..I couldn't help myself and read those spoilers. Can we not discuss spoilers in here for the fools with no self control like me?

also, i want to read the best DC comics story right now, preferably with all of the core JL. What is it and how do I read it digitally right now? I think I read an Infinite Crisis or something back in 2006 and that was it.

Tower of Babel is great, but I recall you watching all of the DC Animated movies, and Justice League Doom is derived from it. I'll have to go through my collection for a list for you.

Ashhong

Tower of Babel is great, but I recall you watching all of the DC Animated movies, and Justice League Doom is derived from it. I'll have to go through my collection for a list for you.

Yea, I think I've gone through every single one now...

I don't mind reading that, as the movie was pretty awesome. Looks like Comixology is the only way I can read it right now?

Yea, I think I've gone through every single one now...

I don't mind reading that, as the movie was pretty awesome. Looks like Comixology is the only way I can read it right now?

Unless you want to go old school and floppy hunt, like myself. The original issues aren't crazy rare.

Either way, to help you out, Tower of Babel is JLA (2000) #43-46

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
It really does seem to blend Cap 1 and Thor 1 in tone, which I'm totally fine with. I just really hope they don't drop the ball in some other way and this movie can perform and review well. And fuck the haters, #teamWonderWomantheme all day every day.

That the WW theme in trailers is where the nitpicking is directed, it's probably a good sign. I thought the trailer was fine. It's a shame that the state of comic book blockbusters makes it difficult for me to get excited by what looks to be a well made WW movie.

Although I've only seen people hate on the theme on gaf. Same with XMen DOFP and Iron Man 3. Something is in the water here.

IconGrist

I think a lot of the time when people rag on her theme they only think of that opening bit without thinking about the rest of the theme. Which played out during the entirety of the Doomsday battle. The whole theme is amazing and the opening strings just kick it off.

Yager

Banned
WW's theme is the best one of this "new generation" of CBMs. It's fucking great and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Trailer was pretty cool, I'm in 110%.

In totally unrelated news, Kong is FUCKING LIT.

WW theme is so good I legit think that the people taking issue with it are just trolling. I's a gorgeous bloodpumping electric cello riff. What else you want?

(A telltale sign that I'm right is that literally everybody latched onto the same buttrock phrasing to critique it when that doesn't even make sense, since how many electric cellos you get in buttrock?)

kmfdmpig

Here are a few I'd recommend:
New Frontier
Grant Morrison's JLA run (which is about 40 issues long before it declines).
Kingdom Come
If you want a few solo comics then All Star Superman and Batman Year One are hard to beat.

Ahasverus

Even without reading spoilers, I think Ares - in human form - was already in the comic con trailer, and more or less shown as an enemy
You'll have to wait and see :)

I kinda think BvS and SS crushed people's heart so much that we've come full circle and people are now /hoping/ for this movie to succeed. It's some kind of underdog effect.

Effect

Really enjoyed the trailer. Movie still looks great and glad we're getting sections about Diana growing up. Was hoping for that. Assumed we ere getting it but still good to see. Not just her as a child but as a teen as well. Assume child Diana would be there but not the teen years. I wonder if there are then that as well.

I do hope this scene though shows her lifting the truck over her head and not a quick cut. If this was Snyder I know we'd have her holding it over her head in an iconic shot. Patty Jenkins seems to be doing pretty well with displaying the action but I hope there aren't to many or any quick cuts.

Can't wait for this film to come out. We're going to be going to a Thursday showing the same way we did BvS. Then a Friday showing. Both after work. Like I've done with many films recently all reviews get ignored. My interest level is what gets me to buy the ticket.

jrush64

Banned
I am 100% going to be wary of any DC movie till at least one of them review well. However Wonder Woman looks lit though. Loved the beginning on the island.

Ashhong

Here are a few I'd recommend:
New Frontier
Grant Morrison's JLA run (which is about 40 issues long before it declines).
Kingdom Come
If you want a few solo comics then All Star Superman and Batman Year One are hard to beat.

Cool thanks, but now you just reminded me I haven't watched All Star Superman. I think I'll do that first

And does anyone else think Alfred Molina as Ares in WW sounds like Trump lol

Loved the trailer! My butt will be there day one, and probably day 5 or 6. Those fight scenes look fierce as hell!

Regardless of the quality of WW theme, It's funny how some people are acting outraged/surprised about the "electric guitar" showing up after BVS and three trailers. It's part of the marketing, it's nothing new and unexpected, but people are focusing on it now for some reason.

With that being said....

Wonder Woman |OT| It's an electric cello!

Ninjimbo

Wonder Woman |OT| Men are still good and Snyder isn't directing

Wonder Woman |OT| A Marvelous Intro to Wonder

Wonder Woman |OT| Pining for Gadot

Wonder Woman |OT| You've never met a woman like her

Wonder Woman |OT| Themyscira Isn't For Everybody

The only thing I hope is that the non amazon parts are as entertaining. Afraid it will fall into the same trap as GL & Thor did, where the non-earth parts were amazing and the film faulted when it returned to earth.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how much time passes during Diana's aging from child into adult? The other characters appear to look exactly the same, so they definitely have the slowed aging thing going on. Does it take Amazon's like 200 of our years to age from a baby to what we consider 18?

I know Waiting for Gadot is too easy but...

This is a deep cut, but in William Shatner's Star Trek documentary The Captains, Chris Pine mentions the first acting he did was a play of Waiting for Godot. So it works on another level. And neither here nor there, Avery Brooks is on another level in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom