• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross61

"Superman should be colorful and fun."- Vaughn from a quotes years ago before MOS was made.

"OMG HE'S SAYING THE RIGHT THINGS. PLEASE SAVE US AND GIVE US OUR FIRST DEVENT SUPERMAN FLICK."

Sambrez_

Oh yes ! And he already worked with Henry Cavill on Stardust (awesome movie by the way).
Now I'm gonna get really sad if that doesn't happen.

Him and then Edgar Wright for Flash and we're done.

Ross61

No way Sirens comes out next year unless they begin filming like, right now. The Batman already has a script, and we know what happened last time David Ayer got 4 weeks to write a script.
Ayer isn't the one that has been writing the script. The script has been written or even done roughly after or during SS press junket according to Margot Robbie.

Ross61

Ya'll were JUST complaining about no new Superman news and now you got some "official rumors". Funny thing is that Vaughn showed up consistently for Man of Steel sequel in 4chan rumors. Though it was most likely coincidence.

Ya'll were JUST complaining about no new Superman news and now you got some "official rumors". Funny thing is that Vaughn showed up consistently for Man of Steel sequel in 4chan rumors. Though it was most likely coincidence.

Wasn't Vaughn a finalist for Man of Steel though? Makes sense people would circle back to him in their bullshit leaks.

Ahasverus

DC Extended Universe |OT3|Don't let the Academy Award winning Suicide​ Squad distract you from the fact that Iron Fist has a 14% on RT
"Headline: Is the love affair with the company in the fresh over?"

They couldn't have chosen a worse actor, a worse premise and a worse choreographer to film that show.

As much as it pains me, If we're getting only aquaman next year , so be it, rather wait than rush things out the door.

But it's not gonna be easy after these two years with DC double feature.

Ross61

"Headline: Is the love affair with the company in the fresh over?"

They couldn't have chosen a worse actor, a worse premise and a worse choreographer to film that show.
And a worse show runner either. Who the hell thought the showrunner for the worst seasons of Dexter should helm an important series. Not even mention giving him Inhumans before you see IF reception.
A terrible screenwriter, may I say.

Honestly, I don't know if I'm ready for other 2 hours of Harley Quinn and most assuredly bad cat puns.

She doesn't even have a movie out! You can say that after a Tomb Raider drops.

Ahasverus

She doesn't even have a movie out! You can say that after a Tomb Raider drops.
She got into my nerves on Sucide Squad. I'd say in almost everything haha, I say it's so faithfully written I can feel exactly what in universe characters feel about her whenever she opens her mouth.

a916

I don't trust folks who don't like Kingsman...

You tell'em Pengy!

DC Extended Universe |OT3|Don't let the Academy Award winning Suicide​ Squad distract you from the fact that Iron Fist has a 14% on RT

The salt from that response would be unreal...

Oh yes ! And he already worked with Henry Cavill on Stardust (awesome movie by the way).
Now I'm gonna get really sad if that doesn't happen.

Him and then Edgar Wright for Flash and we're done.

Will have to check it out because Cavill's charm in Man from UNCLE was awesome. Please use it because he's a very charming dude. He carries himself in public like Superman should.

Busty

Banned
I was wondering when this was going to hit the Internet I'd heard this a few months ago and was sworn to secrecy. Word was that Warners wanted his whole 'team' to come over with him directing and co-producing with Jane Goldman who would also co-write the project with him.

I hadn't heard MOS2 specifically but that, like the article says, Emmerich wanted him on the lot. When nothing came of the rumour I just assumed the deal had fizzled out. Evidently things are moving just moving very slowly.

Rumour was that Fox were also chasing him for another 'X film' (or some other big studio project) and when he declared an interest in a new Superman/DC film the studio were furious and moved the Kingsman sequel out of a prime summer slot and into October opposite Blade Runner and My Little Pony no less. Keeping in mind that the Kingsman films are actually co-financed by Vaughn's own Marv outfit.

Showbiz!

Ross61

I was wondering when this was going to hit the Internet I'd heard this a few months ago and was sworn to secrecy. Word was that Warners wanted his whole 'team' to come over with him directing and co-producing with Jane Goldman who would also co-write the project with him.

I hadn't heard MOS2 specifically but that, like the article says, Emmerich wanted him on the lot. When nothing came of the rumour I just assumed the deal had fizzled out. Evidently things are moving just moving very slowly.

Rumour was that Fox were also chasing him for another 'X film' (or some other big studio project) and when he declared an interest in a new Superman/DC film the studio were furious and moved the Kingsman sequel out of a prime summer slot and into October opposite Blade Runner and My Little Pony no less. Keeping in mind that the Kingsman films are actually co-financed by Vaughn's own Marv outfit.

Showbiz!

So Fox might piss another director into WB/DC territory.

Busty

Banned
So Fox might piss another director into WB/DC territory.

Rumour. Rumour. Rumour.

But..., yeah. Vaughn isn't the easiest person to work with (even the Sony leak backs that up) but the chap is talented.

I'm not entirely sure that Fox ever knew that to do with him. A Flash Gordon reboot? Pfft.

Ashhong

Showbiz!

Don't they just hurt themselves by moving it into October? Well, Vaughn as well since he's coproducing but still.

Don't know if Vaughn is the guy to do it, a hypothetical Superman movie that's less about punching a bad guy would be intriguing. Luthor could be there as a character, not necessarily the villain.

If it is a more traditional story, it's gotta be Brainiac. Have Superman trapped in Kandor for a part of the movie to get a different flavor than Metropolis and Earth.

Odoul

Alright, villain wise, who are we pulling for in MOS2? Braniac? Metallo? Parasite? Mongol? Kalibak? Mxyzptlk :)D)?

Liverwire, Metallo, Parasite.

Give him human (or former human) adversaries for this one.

Save the otherworldy/dimensional stuff for part 3.

Showbiz!

That makes no sense about moving the movie out of spite, they want it to profit for their own sake

And fucking Jane Goldman too?! Smh. Terrible rumor. If Vaughn must make a superman movie hopefully he doesn't bring any of his team onto it for writing.

I'm all for a lighter superman movie coming up but first class was no good.

Also God damn there's a my little pony movie coming up?

IconGrist

That makes no sense about moving the movie out of spite, they want it to profit for their own sake

And fucking Jane Goldman too?! Smh. Terrible rumor. If Vaughn must make a superman movie hopefully he doesn't bring any of his team onto it for writing.

You're like the only person I've come across who didn't like First Class. I didn't think it was amazing or anything but what was it that soured you on the movie?

I guess if you're going to tank a movie out of spite, you do it with one you only co-financed. It's a bigger hit for Vaughn and co. than it is for Fox.

bryanee

But First Class is a mighty fine flick.

You're like the only person I've come across who didn't like First Class. I didn't think it was amazing or anything but what was it that soured you on the movie?

Nah there's a few in OT that get me on this too. Love Fassbender and mcavoy being cast (and kevin bacon)

But all the scenes involving the kids was corny. The action just looks bad at times too, that final fight...lmao. It's a really cheesy and cheap looking movie most of the time. Only good scenes are when Magneto is alone or broing out with xavier

IconGrist

Nah there's a few in OT that get me on this too. Love Fassbender and mcavoy being cast (and kevin bacon)

But all the scenes involving the kids was corny. The action just looks bad at times too, that final fight...lmao. It's a really cheesy and cheap looking movie most of the time. Only good scenes are when Magneto is alone or broing out with xavier

It had some odd choices in there to be sure.

I like First Class, but I can understand and agree with a bunch of this. The movie looked cheap as fuck at times, but I would think it wouldn't be an issue for a Man of Steel sequel.

This is one case where I think WB should stick him with a cinematographer since their movies tend to look fire. And Vaughn can't seem to make visually appealing movies on any budget

Give him Larry Fong

Anyways a lot of ppl in here seem to like Vaughn so good on the DC fans who wanted superman on priority again. I really hope he does a good job. Not expecting it but it would be cool

Yeah. First Class is all about McAvoy/Fassbender/Kevin Bacon. Scenes without them are sloppy. I liked Nicholas Hoult as Beast in DoFP and Apocalypse, but his scenes with Jennifer Lawrence in First Class were straight up corny. Moira was OK, in no small part due to her MGS3 The Boss outfit at the end.

Ashhong

I think a lot of people in the OT are missing the fact that that "lighter" comment was made before MoS was even in development, if I read that correctly. He's not just going to bust out a light hearted Superman movie if it doesn't flow with the end of JL.

Ahasverus

Showbiz!
Why would the studio hurt themselves like that lol

And honestly, Kingsman works better as an October release. It doesn't have the brand power to work in the middle of summer.

IconGrist

This is one case where I think WB should stick him with a cinematographer since their movies tend to look fire. And Vaughn can't seem to make visually appealing movies on any budget

Give him Larry Fong

Anyways a lot of ppl in here seem to like Vaughn so good on the DC fans who wanted superman on priority again. I really hope he does a good job. Not expecting it but it would be cool

I'd rather have a proper Snyder/Fong combo for the next solo Superman but I'll take Vaughn. There are worse directors.

WhiteWolf

Idk how I feel about Vaughan; I really enjoyed Kick Ass, liked First Class for the most part, and generally negative towards Kingsman (hate the humor and characters, action was ok at best). But if he has a great idea for Superman I would be interested to see it.

Ashhong

OOooohkay. Now we are starting to get somewhere. I liked the first KA, it was fine. First Class was passable, and Kingsman was good. Seems like a director on an upward momentum. Timing on this could be pretty good.

Usual Suspects -> Xmen -> Xmen 2 -> Superman Returns

:/

Superman Returns could have been greatness if he wasn't so focused on the lois romance of the first 2 movies.

I think the look of the film (suit is awful tho) was so good. Really Id love to see a superman sequence like that plane scene in the DCEU. We see Cavill do plenty of heroic acts in the movies but not presented like that scene was. Like a full on golden age superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom