• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross61

All I know is I better get my Batman and Alfred vs Deathstroke and Wintergreen or they can keep it.

Not going near that OT.

a916

That /film article says the script got treatment from Ben, Terrio and Goyer

Goyer's a good idea man. He's worked well with the Nolans, do we really thing Ben with all his talent can't take that and make it great?

If Nolan can, so can Affleck.

Ninjimbo

Snyder took Goyer's ideas and made it great. I'm sure Reeves can do the same (if Goyer had a hand in this). But seriously, I'm good with keeping Terrio onboard.

Maybe I should withhold judgement until JL hits but BvS was an excellent piece of work: great dialogue, amazing imagery that alluded to bigger concepts, great story that deconstructed the characters.

He wasn't a false god like Ahaversus claimed he was :p

Hell no. Terrios dialogue was cool and I like BvS but it has some really problematic story beats. If he was responsible for the plotting too then Id rather he not work on the batman film. I'm glad Johns is off as well. Bring back affleck and have him write with Reeves

I wonder if this means mangianello and deathstroke are out tho. Full rewrite means characters could possibly get cut

Hell no. Terrios dialogue was cool and I like BvS but it has some really problematic story beats. If he was responsible for the plotting too then Id rather he not work on the batman film. I'm glad Johns is off as well. Bring back affleck and have him write with Reeves

I wonder if this means mangianello and deathstroke are out tho. Full rewrite means characters could possibly get cut

I assume its a rewrite within reason and one of those reasons is probably Deathstroke needs to be in it.

IconGrist

Mmmm, I don't know if I would blame the plot on Terrio. He was working within Snyder and Goyer's template. As far as we know there was no page one rewrite. Terrio just did a patch job as what we know implies.

Ninjimbo

Hell no. Terrios dialogue was cool and I like BvS but it has some really problematic story beats. If he was responsible for the plotting too then Id rather he not work on the batman film. I'm glad Johns is off as well. Bring back affleck and have him write with Reeves.
Name the problematic story beats. Most of it makes sense apart from the usual nitpicks which are understandable because scope and time are issues the movie has to deal with. Terrio did a great job all things considered.

Firemind

How do you know this?
WSJ is only available for subscribers but he doesn't read comics, Superman 2 was his first movie and what really got him interested in the genre was the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Nolan helped establish a space in which super-hero movies can be taken more seriously. We thought a lot about those films, to a point where I had to stop watching “The Dark Knight” because I found I was rewriting it

This has been the most rigorous intellectual exercise I’ve had in my writing life. For “Batman v Superman,” I wanted to really dig into everything from ideas about American power to the structure of revenge tragedies to the huge canon of DC Comics to Amazon mythology. For “Justice League,” I could be reading in the same day about red- and blueshifts in physics, Diodorus of Sicily and his account of the war between Amazons and Atlanteans, or deep-sea biology and what kind of life plausibly might be in the Mariana Trench.

If you told me the most rigorous dramaturgical and intellectual product of my life would be superhero movies, I would say you were crazy. But I do think fans deserve that. I felt I owed the fan base all of my body and soul for two years because anything less wouldn’t have been appreciating the opportunity I had.
http://batman-news.com/2016/03/11/justice-league-chris-terrio-dark/

Are you shittalking Hardy Bane?

Heeeeeelllll naaawwwwwww
He's Memebane.

ryan299

Ashhong

Terrio da gawd gonna stay. He's the soul of the universe.

Dodged a bullet there. Not a winning combination.

If that's true then I can see why Reeves wants a rewrite. 3 guys with polar opposite writing styles and ideologies working on one script seems like a bad idea.

Goyer's a good idea man. He's worked well with the Nolans, do we really thing Ben with all his talent can't take that and make it great?

If Nolan can, so can Affleck.

My bad, I meant Johns, not Goyer :x

My hope with Batman is going down and down...

If anything it should be the same if not higher..I mean a rewrite is a blank template. All that talk about people not being happy with the original script etc has now been erased from existence now that theyre starting over. I'm sure Ben and Geoff will still have a say in the script, but now they have the additional input from the director who's vision they are going to follow

LionPride

Banned
My bad, I meant Johns, not Goyer :x

If anything it should be the same if not higher..I mean a rewrite is a blank template. All that talk about people not being happy with the original script etc has now been erased from existence now that theyre starting over. I'm sure Ben and Geoff will still have a say in the script, but now they have the additional input from the director who's vision they are going to follow
I just want this movie to come out. I liked Affleck's Batman a hell of a lot. I'm positive that if the trend continues with DCEU films, we ain't getting anything past Aquaman. Semi-disappointing, but maybe something good could come out of that. Idk.

Ashhong

I just want this movie to come out. I liked Affleck's Batman a hell of a lot. I'm positive that if the trend continues with DCEU films, we ain't getting anything past Aquaman. Semi-disappointing, but maybe something good could come out of that. Idk.

It is a little worrying that they can't seem to get any projects off the ground after Aqua. But here's hoping...

Ross61

Flash, GLC, Cyborg, Shazam, Black Adam, none of that shit comin out.

I want to see Dwayne as Black Adam so much tho.

Shazam just already has a script and a director in talks. GLC just got two scriptwriters early this month. Stop bellyaching.

Shazam and Black Adam aren't even being handled by WB.

Ashhong

Shazam just already has a script and a director in talks. GLC just got two scriptwriters early this month. Stop bellyaching.

Shazam and Black Adam aren't even being handled by WB.

Which is weird, does that mean he won't be in the DCEU? Makes no sense

But going by the most recent news on DC products, even if a movie has a script or a director it could go back to page one. Even I am a little worried about it.

Ross61

Which is weird, does that mean he won't be in the DCEU? Makes no sense

But going by the most recent news on DC products, even if a movie has a script or a director it could go back to page one. Even I am a little worried about it.
Nah. Shazam and Black Adam being handled by New Line means everything can work smoothly for it. And latest word is it's still in the DCEU.

The only reason we're seeing things go back to page one is because of new management moving things along.

Possibly beneficial side effect to this is having it land closer to Nightwing. The two may inform each other in a way that wouldn't have been ingrained before.

Ninjimbo

The writing was atrocious. Like, they literally used the most deus ex machina to resolve the third act.
I stopped paying attention around the third act just cuz I was at a gathering, but what I saw I really liked. Tbh, it's a Tarzan movie. I'm not going into that movie expecting to be told a great story. I had other things I wanted to focus on like the action, the jungle scenes and the gorillas. I like the look of David Yates movies.

Nothing in Tarzan is indicative of what we can expect from a SS2. More than likely, the plotting is going to take a backseat again to focus on the Squad and plenty of writers in Hollywood can do that.

I think I just wanted to talk Tarzan lol.

a916

I stopped paying attention around the third act just cuz I was at a gathering, but what I saw I really liked. Tbh, it's a Tarzan movie. I'm not going into that movie expecting to be told a great story. I had other things I wanted to focus on like the action, the jungle scenes and the gorillas. I like the look of David Yates movies.

Nothing in Tarzan is indicative of what we can expect from a SS2. More than likely, the plotting is going to take a backseat again to focus on the Squad and plenty of writers in Hollywood can do that.

I think I just wanted to talk Tarzan lol.

The biggest thing they should do with the writing of SS2 is make sure there's a reason for each of the members. Almost like an old school Zelda dungeon where the weapons are needed for each dungeon. Picking random people kinda makes for some weaksauce... use the characters for their strengths. Like Harley was there for no reason other than marketing. She causes more problems than anything. Croc going underwater to plant the bomb is a good use of powers that only he has same with Diablo. Flag, ehhh, weak but okay it's there. Boomerang is there cause why? Give us a reason that Amanda picked these people.

Maddocks

Shazam will be released, when you have the Rock, you don't waste him or say never mind good luck on something else. If they need to they will focus on just Black Adam for movie one to show his rise and fall.

IconGrist

Shots fired.

RPVsQSo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom