• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

Nah there's a few in OT that get me on this too. Love Fassbender and mcavoy being cast (and kevin bacon)

But all the scenes involving the kids was corny. The action just looks bad at times too, that final fight...lmao. It's a really cheesy and cheap looking movie most of the time. Only good scenes are when Magneto is alone or broing out with xavier
Nah, the scene with the kids were cool since it's supposed to be kinda like that. You ever watch XMen Evolution? X-Men is cheesy as all fuck. I'm with you on the action scenes tho, but that's mostly because Fox cut his budget so Vaughn had to compensate. You gotta admit that the ideas were cool. Anything inovolving Magneto was on-point. Even though it looked bad, Magneto stopping a hail of missles and aiming them back at the ships is some powerful looking stuff.

I think Stardust and Kingsman paint a better picture of what Vaughn is capable of. They're a little more polished visually and stay pretty consistent complete with Vaughn's signature erratic and stylish camera angles. Stardust is probably still his best movie. It's hard to fuck up a story by Gaiman and Vaughn brought the magic. Underappreciated as hell.

a916

Superman Returns could have been greatness if he wasn't so focused on the lois romance of the first 2 movies.

I think the look of the film (suit is awful tho) was so good. Really Id love to see a superman sequence like that plane scene in the DCEU. We see Cavill do plenty of heroic acts in the movies but not presented like that scene was. Like a full on golden age superhero.

Why do people like that airplane scene so much? I've honestly never liked it from the outset. But it always comes up as great scenes from comic book movies

Ninjimbo

I still haven't watched Superman Returns so all the hype for that scene is lost on me. I'll take Superman flying through the world engine as the best example of Superman being heroic. The way the music swells in that scene...glorious. Vaughn will never give us that lol.

Ross61

I defend to death of killing off Jimmy Olsen.

Man yall gotta think about it, we get dark ages with a few scarches and scars, and get the train running fine. The potential for what WB/DC could do is fucking cast. Not to mention the kther property's DC owns like Milestone.

Busty

Banned
Why would the studio hurt themselves like that lol

And honestly, Kingsman works better as an October release. It doesn't have the brand power to work in the middle of summer.

It could be that the studio will move the film from that spot and this is all posturing (it happens) but it speaks volumes that Fox would take a film like that and put it up against a film like Blade Runner 2 that already has a trailer out there and slowly building buzz with a director like Villeneuve at the helm.

Either way it doesn't exactly scream confidence on Fox's part.

a916

News just broke that Affleck just, in his own words “completed treatment for alcohol addiction; something I’ve dealt with in the past and will continue to confront,”

Best of luck Ben

Ashhong

News just broke that Affleck just, in his own words “completed treatment for alcohol addiction; something I’ve dealt with in the past and will continue to confront,”

Best of luck Ben

Good for him. I really hope the internet trolls don't affect him too much

Been not-so-secret since his divorce, but good on him for getting help and best of luck. Other than the Justice League press tour his schedule is clear to work things out. Seemingly Batman won't start filming until late this year or early next.

Ross61

Been not-so-secret since his divorce, but good on him for getting help and best of luck. Other than the Justice League press tour his schedule is clear to work things out. Seemingly Batman won't start filming until late this year or early next.
Divorce got called off too. Thing ms turning around for him.

J_Viper

Damn, good to see he's getting help. His health comes first.

On a related note, I watched Nocturnal Animals today, and it's crazy how much Armie Hammer resembles a young Wayne. He even has the same facial structure and voice as Ben did in the role.

I hope he ends up cast as Nightwing.

Damn, good to see he's getting help. His health comes first.

On a related note, I watched Nocturnal Animals today, and it's crazy how much Armie Hammer resembles a young Wayne. He even has the same facial structure and voice as Ben did in the role.

I hope he ends up cast as Nightwing.

I thought it was stupid casting at first but then Social Network completely changed my mind on that. Dude's great, tall as fuck and got a booming voice too. Would have been a dope younger Bruce.

I wonder if him (well who knows if he was cast, was never confirmed) and Mangianello are scrapped with Matt Reeves on board or if he'll keep them.

Ross61

I thought it was stupid casting at first but then Social Network completely changed my mind on that. Dude's great, tall as fuck and got a booming voice too. Would have been a dope younger Bruce.

I wonder if him (well who knows if he was cast, was never confirmed) and Mangianello are scrapped with Matt Reeves on board or if he'll keep them.

As far Joe Manganiello knows he's still in the Batman and cast as Deathstroke. It's highly rumored that both him and Black Manta will have recurring roles with the universe.

More and more it's looking like Armie is Hal. Or he's leaning into the rumors as a joke.

Divorce got called off too. Thing ms turning around for him.

Huh. Good..er for him.

As far Joe Manganiello knows he's still in the Batman and cast as Deathstroke. It's highly rumored that both him and Black Manta will have recurring roles with the universe.

I feel like there are two or three intrinsic advantages to the DC universe over Marvel. The villains, sidekicks and legacy, and multiverse. So the films capitalizing on them should happen.

I'll say, Ant-Man of all movies has a neat take on sidekicks and legacy, with Scott Lang being the second Ant-Man in the MCU.

JJH

Anyone see Henry's new IG post?

da07cd519053e31cb8e5d5efdd030fa7.gif

Anyone see Henry's new IG post?

da07cd519053e31cb8e5d5efdd030fa7.gif

vz5OBBZ.png

wow, dude is freaking massive. and this is him after being off due to a knee injury? christ.

oh, i should post the best part:

"Nothing funny to post here, it's deadly serious because I've got to make sure that I'm bigger than Green Lantern...."

XD

Finally got around to watching the WW trailer (was debating going on blackout). Looks really good! I have more hope and hype for that than JL right now.

ryan299

Batman delayed according to /Film. Script getting complete rewrite.

We can now report that there is more going behind-the-scenes as well. According to sources close to the production, the screenplay for The Batman is being rewritten from the ground up, so it's entirely possible that everything we've heard about the film's story will no longer be in play.

Justin Kroll added:

Hearing Matt Reeves contracted to work on APES till at least end of June, so production on BATMAN likely not starting till 2018

Also means any casting rumors you hear are likely BS seeing that he wouldn't have time to meet with any talent till at least July

Sambrez_

I can wait as long as they need to make a great film for The Batman.
I'd like a good news for The Flash though... It's been a while.

Ninjimbo

They better keep Terrio on it. I trust that guy right now and it would be a shame if his script got torn to shreds just cuz Matt Reeves wants his own writers to come on board.

Pachimari

I'm thinking, shouldn't we update the list in the OP with Black Adam, City Gotham Sirens and Nightwing? Maybe add Suicide Squad 2 and Man of Steel 2 in as rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom