• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DCTV's 4-Way 'Arrowverse' Crossover to Pit Superheroes vs. DC's Dominators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finaika

cover.jpg

One of the odder things the Arrowverse has done lately was when they offhandedly acknowledged the Thanagarians in an episode of Legends of Tomorrow and it wasn't played as a big deal, even though (AFAIK) there had been no prior reference to the existence of aliens in any of the three CW shows.

Just a tangentially related observation.

Toa TAK

Banned
he wrote the dark knight trilogy...kinda.....he was in the room! it still counts
lol the funny thing is he himself says as much.
He wrote Blade which is awesome as fuck and helped on the story for Call of Duty Black Ops which is considered one of the landmark CoDs.

You tell me.
Yo, I love the (first two) Black Ops,

But when I say it's got a great story for a COD game...

It's STILL a COD game.

Averon

One thing I hate about these crossover event is that I will have jump into shows I'm still far behind on. I'm up-to-date on Flash and LoT, but I'm still on season 3 of Arrow (though I'm nearly finished) and I haven't even touched SG yet.

Sephzilla

One of the odder things the Arrowverse has done lately was when they offhandedly acknowledged the Thanagarians in an episode of Legends of Tomorrow and it wasn't played as a big deal, even though (AFAIK) there had been no prior reference to the existence of aliens in any of the three CW shows.

Well, technically the Flash/Supergirl crossover....

Litan

How are these crossovers done? Can I jump in no problem? Or would I have to watch a few episodes of the shows to follow what's going on?

To be fair, talk of aliens and space travel related to the far future of the time masters. But by that logic, Eobard Thawne should've known about them?

ZeroX03

Banned
YOOOOO

For six months I've been saying I hope the crossover is Legion of Super Heroes related.

I'm getting my wish!

Joni

To be fair, talk of aliens and space travel related to the far future of the time masters. But by that logic, Eobard Thawne should've known about them?
This was way further in time than Thawne. It is more like why did Thawne like the Vandal Savage world?

kmfdmpig

Of course, everybody's favorite DC crossover event: Invasion.

Well, I'm sure it will only have a passing resemblance to that piece of trash. All the DCTV crossovers have been a lot of fun despite some of the shows (Arrow) being terrible so I definitely look forward to this one.

I can't wait for Amazons attack.

I actually liked Invasion quite a bit. It's a bit silly at times, but for a 14 year old kid it was perfect. I reread it last year and it is better than many crossovers still.

LordRaptor

I actually liked Invasion quite a bit. It's a bit silly at times, but for a 14 year old kid it was perfect. I reread it last year and it is better than many crossovers still.

Yeah, Invasion, Legends and 1 Million are probably the best of the 'company wide' crossovers.

Invasion was such a fun crossover, and DC did it right releasing it in three giant 80 page books instead of stretching it out forever. The only bad part was that it introduced the meta gene, their attempt at ripping off Marvel's mutant drama.

I first read it as an adult, that might be why I'm a little bit harsh on it. DC has had a good number of decent events imo but aside from the first Crisis, I never enjoyed the ones from the late 80s / early 90s, Legends included. Strangely enough, I really like Zero Hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom