• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DCTV's 4-Way 'Arrowverse' Crossover to Pit Superheroes vs. DC's Dominators

Status
Not open for further replies.
2120240-mon_el__4_.jpg

Can I assume our newcomer is along for the ride?

Feels weird with SUPERMAN as an official character. This guy better hope the Dominators don't have a #2 pencil.

A bunch of aliens feeling threaten by the raising metahuman population on earth, whats so dumb about it?

The whole out of nowhere metagene thing.

1. The idea basically ripping off Marvel's mutants.
2. Ted Kord getting laid out for no reason.

They ended up ditching the idea after a couple of years anyway.

LordRaptor

The whole out of nowhere metagene thing.

1. The idea basically ripping off Marvel's mutants.
2. Ted Kord getting laid out for no reason.

They ended up ditching the idea after a couple of years anyway.

Uhhhh.... metagene makes as much sense as anything in comics as to why when some folks get exposed to dangrous chemicals they get awesome super powers and not leukemia and isn't the same as being a mutant in the formerly-616 at all.

Also literally nothing happened to Ted Kord in Invasion. The Post-Invasion Khunds gatecrashing a JLI party is one of the all-time classic bits from that run.

Metagene and Metahuman were also still things when I quit the DCU a few months into nu-52, so I'm not really sure where you're coming from in your criticisms

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Of course, everybody's favorite DC crossover event: Invasion.

Well, I'm sure it will only have a passing resemblance to that piece of trash. All the DCTV crossovers have been a lot of fun despite some of the shows (Arrow) being terrible so I definitely look forward to this one.

I can't wait for Amazons attack

If we're talking shitty events, bloodlines comes first. They can even spin off the event into a series.

LordRaptor

If we're talking shitty events, bloodlines comes first. They can even spin off the event into a series.

At least we got Hitman out of Bloodlines... Genesis was straight up trash to the extent most people selectively delete it from their memories.

Luke_Wal

I just watched the Legends finale to get ready for the new season of the CW-verse... What just happened? I watched the first half of the season and then dropped out because it always struck me as a little boring, but people said it got better so I gave it another shot. I'm just not sure I get it. I don't particularly think any of the costuems look great. In addition, Jax, Rip Hunter, Hawkgirl, and Hawkman feel like they're overacting constantly, and it makes it very hard for me to take them seriously. Ray feels like he's from a different show entirely, and Mick... is alright, I suppose. Legends fans: what part of this show particularly grabs you?

ZeroX03

Banned
I just watched the Legends finale to get ready for the new season of the CW-verse... What just happened? I watched the first half of the season and then dropped out because it always struck me as a little boring, but people said it got better so I gave it another shot. I'm just not sure I get it. I don't particularly think any of the costuems look great. In addition, Jax, Rip Hunter, Hawkgirl, and Hawkman feel like they're overacting constantly, and it makes it very hard for me to take them seriously. Ray feels like he's from a different show entirely, and Mick... is alright, I suppose. Legends fans: what part of this show particularly grabs you?

Captain Cold, Heat Wave and Sara mostly. Ray has his moments.

dw bout the Hawks, they realize they suck by the end of the season.

Wag

JLA_5_GM2.jpeg

Hitman (Tommy Monaghan) was the best thing to come out of Invasion. Hopefully we'll see him show up in the Arrowverse.

Oh shit, Bloodlines, thanks for reminding me. I came across a tie-in issue a few months ago while reading the Return of Superman collection (a guilty pleasure of mine). What a tragic mess.

2120240-mon_el__4_.jpg

Can I assume our newcomer is along for the ride?

I was literally about to say that Dominators means Mon-El is going to be a huge part of Supergirl.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lar_Gand
Lar Gand would enjoy a heroic career in the 20th century as Valor, stopping a second Dominator-led invasion of Earth, freeing thousands of humans who had been experimented on by the Dominators and seeding them on a series of worlds between Dominion space and Earth as a "buffer zone" to prevent future invasions. These colonists had gained metahuman powers due to the experiments and would (by the time of the Legion), evolve into many of the worlds that would join the United Planets. After completing this task and an indefinite number of other 20th-century ventures, he would be placed in the Bgztl Buffer Zone by the time sorceress Glorith, to be rescued by the Legion in the 30th century. None of these events had otherwise been depicted in comics about the 20th century.

This is Berlanti building towards the Legion of Superheroes.

mm04

This is gonna be better than both Avengers movies combined. Also, I hope that Martian Manhunter is in the mix.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
At least we got Hitman out of Bloodlines... Genesis was straight up trash to the extent most people selectively delete it from their memories.

i dont think most people care to know where tommy came from. he existed. was awesome, the end

Oh shit, Bloodlines, thanks for reminding me. I came across a tie-in issue a few months ago while reading the Return of Superman collection (a guilty pleasure of mine). What a tragic mess.

reading that shit live made me quit comics for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom