• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Nation - Screenshots from Gcom2010 (+trailer720p)

Orobi

Trailer is the "guide to survival", but now in 720p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4EAcQTnyK8

Screnshots are new to me and looks very good

5014xg.jpg

6sdg7p.jpg

nvegb9.jpg

71lh13.jpg

2m2jkg3.jpg

etyuth.jpg

Aaron

I played Hunter: The Reckoning years ago. These endless clones are just a waste. Where are the Left 4 Dead clones? That's some real zombie fun.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Katana_Strikes said:
I liked the look of the traile. Got me interested.

I wonder if the devs will work on a Super Stardust 2 next.

I doubt it. At the moment Housemarque is working on 3 new IPs (one being Dead Nation). I would love to see more Stardust but something tells me we won't see another dust in recent years.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
jim-jam bongs said:
Amazing visuals and a completely fresh concept. This could finally be the Citizen Kane of gaming.

I lol'd.

Looks so much like I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1N IT!!!1 with elements from L4D. Snooze.

Goldrusher

So which one(s) show actual gameplay ?
Every new batch of screens is like from another game.

Top down ?

971428_20100817_790screen006.jpg

Some sort of high third person ?

971428_20100817_790screen002.jpg

Or normal third person ?

971428_20100615_790screen001.jpg

Perhaps some kind of side scrolling ?

971428_20100817_790screen001.jpg

Stillmatic said:
Just finished the campaign and i've got to say, it looks much better than that in motion. :)
Is it like Stardust where you continue the game on a higher difficulty after finishing one playthrough?

Haven't played too much of it yet, but from what I played: I am having fun :D I get the feeling that things will get pretty hectic later on.

Regarding the screenshots in this thread (they are horrible), I guarantee you that things look wonderful while gaming.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Ichy. TASTY.

This is pretty much confirmed to at least have local multiplayer, right? If so, it's a definite buy for me. Hell, I'll buy it regardless. I have faith in this game.

so some have been playing this already, and it's good?

i normally like more serious games, but this is one i just want to be pure fun. please tell me it has superbly polished and addicting gameplay like SSHD! ohh and zombies aren't boring yet if you're a ps3 only owner, we don't have L4D or Dead Rising remember.

kinggroin

Banned
Always up for more zombies.

Only thing that bugs me for some odd reason, is the character design. I mean, damn, they're not even trying anymore are they. Generic white guy is kinda growing old (ok, so he has shades). It'd be cool if we had a create a character, or had more than the typical token caucasian white dude, white chick. The game design is incredibly cookie cutter, so these kind of things just stick out to me more in these cases.

Sorry for going off on a tangent.

Orobi

kinggroin said:
Always up for more zombies.

Only thing that bugs me for some odd reason, is the character design. I mean, damn, they're not even trying anymore are they. Generic white guy is kinda growing old (ok, so he has shades). It'd be cool if we had a create a character, or had more than the typical token caucasian white dude, white chick. The game design is incredibly cookie cutter, so these kind of things just stick out to me more in these cases.

Sorry for going off on a tangent.

Yup!!! I remember an artwork from E3 2009 whit the 2 main characters so much different from this strange final design... They were more similar to Dante and Lady.
EDIT: found it!!!
iypvky.jpg

Looks like total blast. PSN has been slow lately, this and Journey are the biggest games coming out in the next 12 months...wheres the rest? I myst be missing something.

Lion Heart said:
Looks like total blast. PSN has been slow lately, this and Journey are the biggest games coming out in the next 12 months...wheres the rest? I myst be missing something.
Söldner-X 2 was fantastic. played it all summer. i've seen no one else play it :( poor game got ignored because the first one sucked i guess.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It looks a like souped up version of Hunter: The Reckoning, which, BTW, was fucking AWESOME with some buddies (just the Xbox game, the ports sucked nads).

hunter_032202_06.jpg

huntersept2.jpg

hunter7.jpg

hunter2.jpg

hunter4.jpg

I'd kill for a good sequel. It was basically and updated Gauntlet with all manners of disgusting creatures.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Shurs said:
I don't understand why'd they'd release screenshots as hideous as this one.

It's that much ridiculous when you know that this is by far the best looking game of this kind. The lighting, fog, shadows, amount of zombies, it's all so very impressive.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Sinatar said:
Zombies are the new WWII, completely and utterly played out.
I'm pretty sure that the "zombies" in this game can use weapons, so the choice of cannon fodder isn't necessarily going to dictate how the game plays.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wow, looks great. I too am suffering from zombie fatigue, but I'm willing to make an exception for this one.

Top Bottom