• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 announced for PS4/Xbox1

Huh, I'm actually more stoked for this then I thought. Too bad I was never any good at these kinds of games. Still, Marie Rose will kick some (normal) AI ass with my aid. :p

Hanmik

so it´s a cross-gen game..?

kUqt3ji.jpg

Westlo

Time to triple dip!

Vanilla on 360
Ultimate Full unlock on PS3
Last Round on Ps4 baby.

Just having bought a ps4 a few weeks ago and looking @ the F2P section I was thinking, damn I wish DOA5 was here... would be ace on ps4...

Hopefully the netcode improves... so I can actually put some time into this game...

Meanwhile, all of the costume DLC add up to over $150.

I'll rather have the options of a boatload of costumes than none at all, it's not essential for play, if a certain costume catches your eye it's only $2 for it, you don't have to buy all the packs.... the only costumes I've bought for Ultimate were the Warriors Orochi 3 costumes.

iMerc

eh. who cares if this is cross gen. what's with all you 'next gen' purists? you sound like a bunch of zealots.
i love DOA. will buy this when released.

xion4360

any mention of whether this comes with certain DLC included? I assume so with it being on PS3 as well - why release it unless it has some extras?

Yes it will include some of the prior DLC and all new content.

Guess that means we won't be getting every costume unlocked in this "final round". =/

You cant expect to pay 30 bucks and get over $200 worth of DLC included.

$39.99 MSRP for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (physical and digital) and $29.99 MSRP for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (digital only).

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round will offer over 300 open and unlockable costumes, and the brand new hairstyle and accessory options will give nearly endless possibilities to adorn the fighters for any occasion. Players can bring their run of rosters, costumes and accessories from DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ultimate, as previously purchased DLC content will be transferable from last gen consoles to the PS4 and Xbox One.

I think is good price, and all the characters are on the disc.

Eolz

Character customization options get even deeper, as DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round will offer over 300 open and unlockable costumes, and the brand new hairstyle and accessory options will give nearly endless possibilities to adorn the fighters for any occasion. Players can bring their run of rosters, costumes and accessories from DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ultimate, as previously purchased DLC content will be transferable from last gen consoles to the PS4 and Xbox One.

Really nice.
Shame there's no 360 to PS4 transfer possible :p

I like the cover, nothing could be as bad as Ultimate.

Also it has +300 costumes, 70 more than Ultimate, and "new hairstyle and accessory options".

Espada

$39.99 MSRP for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (physical and digital) and $29.99 MSRP for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (digital only).

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round will offer over 300 open and unlockable costumes, and the brand new hairstyle and accessory options will give nearly endless possibilities to adorn the fighters for any occasion. Players can bring their run of rosters, costumes and accessories from DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ultimate, as previously purchased DLC content will be transferable from last gen consoles to the PS4 and Xbox One.

Holy moley, that's some good news. All we need now are some more gameplay videos and a release date.

Forsythia

The pricing is okay, and it's great that you can transfer previously bought DLC. But bloody hell is that 'last round' logo ugly.

I will buy this game for the 3rd time, sure. I'll be interested to see the face-offs for this one. Since it's just an upscale, I'm hoping the platforms are pretty even, but of course I'll get whichever one is best if they aren't.

Griss

I like the cover, nothing could be as bad as Ultimate.

Also it has +300 costumes, 70 more than Ultimate, and "new hairstyle and accessory options".

70 more than ultimate. Probably 4 or 5 DLC packs that weren't selling and then some new stuff like the contest winners.

I'd wager 'Sports Gear' will be included this time around. Was hoping for more than 70 new costumes, but it's better than nothing. I have one or two pieces of DLC that will carry over, too, including the Pop Idols costumes that went free by mistake that one time.

1080p, 60FPS and 40 bucks for the current gen versions? Good to hear :).

Also, I assume the previous DLC will not be in this new game and would have to be bought (the same as previous versions of it) if I didn't own the before right? As in, the DLC would still have to be purchased because it won't be in the game, but the game will still have new stuff in it?

Skilletor

1080p, 60FPS and 40 bucks for the current gen versions? Good to hear :).

Also, I assume the previous DLC will not be in this new game and would have to be bought (the same as previous versions of it) if I didn't own the before right? As in, the DLC would still have to be purchased because it won't be in the game, but the game will still have new stuff in it?

Therea are 70 more outfits on disc than there were in Ultimate. They'll probably throw in 3-4 costume packs, so if you're price conscious, I wouldn't bother buying anything for DoA5U and just wait for this. You're going to get the characters (which are 6 bucks each anyway), and 70 more outfits than you get with ultimate. That alone covers the cost of this game, haha.

Grisby

Well, at least the dlc is carrying over. I will probably pick this up. >>

What's this about giving Mila sick hairstyles?

Therea are 70 more outfits on disc than there were in Ultimate. They'll probably throw in 3-4 costume packs, so if you're price conscious, I wouldn't bother buying anything for DoA5U and just wait for this. You're going to get the characters (which are 6 bucks each anyway), and 70 more outfits than you get with ultimate. That alone covers the cost of this game, haha.

Ok good. If it has all possible characters, I could care less about costumes. Thanks :).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
will the DLC on XB1/PS4 be 'normal' and not require you to install odd catalogues (I still don't fully understand why it does that)

xion4360

will the DLC on XB1/PS4 be 'normal' and not require you to install odd catalogues (I still don't fully understand why it does that)

The catalogues are so that players who do not purchase the DLC can still view it. Last round should have everything on disc but Im sure they will continue for DLC going forward.

ehh... probably wont bite knowing MKX and T7 is around the corner but it's good to have the option to.

DOA5, MKX and T7 all sound like good stuff to have at once :). I wish I had people to play fighting games with. Seriously, I have almost no friends that play fighting games... and almost no friends that enjoy sports as much as me lol. Yeah... :p.

Top Bottom