• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

ShinMaruku

They sweep away and clean negative energy and sins. Also Momiji should have the best one since she is a shrine maiden of the dragon clan. :p

Azuardo

Sony Europe, I just can't.

Not only does it seem impossible to filter by latest free DLC on the store now, but the shrine maiden DLC isn't appearing in latest DLC anyway. Gotta search for it. Maybe I'm too early in looking for it.

But this:

nMC1Ph6.png

KU9wy7D.png

Bring back Andy House!

TjbbQUo.png

Azuardo

True, true. She has driven him out of Sony Europe so he can concentrate on his position at DOATEC full time. Now she is causing havoc inside Sony Europe's HQ. This is just the beginning. Soon she will use her position in Sony Europe to take over DOATEC.

Azuardo

Yeah, I wanted to say that being console exclusive is what allowed them to make DOA3 and 4 (and the Xtreme games) so good, but it can't be too hard to put a bit of AA on DOA5 can it?

Hell, the hair doesn't clip through the floors/sunbeds in DOAX2 like it does in DOAX3! I couldn't believe what I was seeing lol.

Azuardo

Yeah, love the DOA5 models. Just a bloody shame everything else pales in comparison to what I'm seeing in 4 atm.

Have found it a bit tougher to get used to playing 4. Not as many options to juggle, or it seems that way with Kasumi. I'm too used to her teleports. A lot of moves are activated through opposite inputs too.

Timu

Yeah, I wanted to say that being console exclusive is what allowed them to make DOA3 and 4 (and the Xtreme games) so good, but it can't be too hard to put a bit of AA on DOA5 can it?

Hell, the hair doesn't clip through the floors/sunbeds in DOAX2 like it does in DOAX3! I couldn't believe what I was seeing lol.
Not hard at all, it should had been there since day 1!

Eolz

DOA5LR on PS4/X1 has no excuse for the lack of AA. PS360 is another thing though, they pushed the tech in a different way than DOA4.
I wonder where they'll go with DOA6, since they'll have great hardware for that...

And man, while DOA4 is not that fun to play, 2U and 3 are still super good on the gameplay side.

Azuardo

Gotta wait for my OG Xbox to arrive to play 3 and Ultimate. 3 won't work on my 360 because it's an old model that needs the wireless adapter, and won't play the game without an update.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So the Ultimate Edition Content Season Pass is on sale for 40% off. 230+ costumes included so I figure why not and purchased.

Season Pass is listed as purchased and installed but none of the costumes included in the pass are available for me to download. What is going on? If I try to individually grab the costumes as part of the season pass, it lists that I still must pay for them.

Tried restoring licenses, but basically nothing changed. Season Pass listed as purchased, none of the content available to download. Help please!!

Eolz

So the Ultimate Edition Content Season Pass is on sale for 40% off. 230+ costumes included so I figure why not and purchased.

Season Pass is listed as purchased and installed but none of the costumes included in the pass are available for me to download. What is going on? If I try to individually grab the costumes as part of the season pass, it lists that I still must pay for them.

Tried restoring licenses, but basically nothing changed. Season Pass listed as purchased, none of the content available to download. Help please!!

I bought it in the past, I'm not sure you actually have to download them.
Aren't they just unlocked in game now?

Yeah, the costume pack downloads to extend the list, but the licenses are checked with PSN to verify you own them. No extra downloading other than the costume pack.

Azuardo

If it is indeed the catalogs that is the problem, an even easier search might just be to use 'catalog' like this example.

You can even filter that down to PS4 and Fighting to show just the DOA5 ones on PS4.

Just spotted these again. When are we getting them, gah!

Brandon F

Yeah, the costume pack downloads to extend the list, but the licenses are checked with PSN to verify you own them. No extra downloading other than the costume pack.

Ah, you might have to grab some old catalogs one by one then.
Easier on PSN web rather than the ingame one, especially if you're in EU. The catalogs themselves are free and are just called "catalog 1/2/etc"
edit: like on this link for me

If it is indeed the catalogs that is the problem, an even easier search might just be to use 'catalog' like this example.

You can even filter that down to PS4 and Fighting to show just the DOA5 ones on PS4.

Ah gotcha. Was worried and confused(especially given the individual costumes bundled down't say "owned" on the shop), but yes everything was unlocked in-game proper when I tested.

I recall buying a few different packs like a year ago and downloading each costume individually in a similar bundle, which was a real pain(even despite the catalogue downloads). Must have either changed that on PS4 or the Ultimate Pack works a bit differently?

Eolz

The Ultimate pack is basically all the costumes that were released from DOA5 Vanilla/Ultimate to Last Round, but weren't free (unless you bought them on PS3 or 360 if you got an X1 version of LR).
So basically, locked on disc or similar. Still, some of the best costumes are from that era imo, that pack is fantastic deal when it's on sale.

Brandon F

The Ultimate pack is basically all the costumes that were released from DOA5 Vanilla/Ultimate to Last Round, but weren't free (unless you bought them on PS3 or 360 if you got an X1 version of LR).
So basically, locked on disc or similar. Still, some of the best costumes are from that era imo, that pack is fantastic deal when it's on sale.

Yea, that makes sense. My other paid DLC was definitely later inclusions.

Played around with it and it is really nice to suddenly have a massive influx of new costumes to enjoy, both to wear and when playing against AI.

Also, since I now own every 'free' released Catalog pack, is it possible to fight against AI that could potentially be wearing outfits from DLC I don't own? Could I potentially fight against AI wearing the Arc Systems pack as I don't own it? Or do they only equip from outfits you have available and unlocked?

Also, this game desperately needs a music randomizer. Love having so much of the legacy music, hate being forced to pop into the main menu to manually adjust everything. I'm at the point where I just want it to cycle through it all without assigning anything, or at least give me the option to change tracks in a pause menu. TTT2 had a similar problem, hopefully T7 wisens up.

Azuardo

Could I potentially fight against AI wearing the Arc Systems pack as I don't own it? Or do they only equip from outfits you have available and unlocked?

The latter; they only put on ones you own. A slight bummer. But because you own the catalogs, it means you can see your online opponents wearing them if they have bought them, even if you haven't.

As for the music, yeah I agree. I wish we also had the option to select which music plays for each stage, instead of just the characters.

Azuardo

Doesn't work, and it's reliance on the pressure sensitive buttons would make it unplayable on a 360.

But yea, Volleyball sucks in both sequels (especially DOAX2 with its unstable 30fps).

Just started playing this, and you can change from analog to digital buttons. You can have strong attack and strong receive on two buttons, and soft attack and soft receive on two other buttons. So you could technically still play DOAX1 on a 360. Though seems to be more fun analog style.

Synth

Just started playing this, and you can change from analog to digital buttons. You can have strong attack and strong receive on two buttons, and soft attack and soft receive on two other buttons. So you could technically still play DOAX1 on a 360. Though seems to be more fun analog style.

You know... I'm not sure if I forgot this, or if I never knew... lol

Azuardo

I've gone backwards with the Xtreme series, starting with 3, then to 2, and now to 1, and good lord, it's crazy to see how little the series has advanced itself since the first game. Characters with the same poses, dialogue and motions from X3 I'm seeing in X1. They did a few good new things in X2, like jet skis and water slides, but both sequels are still really barebones. In fact, just looking at X1 again now, and even this one doesn't have hair clipping through the sunbeds, unlike X3.

I still maintain this series could be so much better than it is, but I didn't realise just how poor X3 is till I went back to play these old ones. It looks beautiful, but holy crap, it's essentially DOAX1.5 in terms of what's in the game... On top of the amazing T&A, of course.

Synth

I've gone backwards with the Xtreme series, starting with 3, then to 2, and now to 1, and good lord, it's crazy to see how little the series has advanced itself since the first game. Characters with the same poses, dialogue and motions from X3 I'm seeing in X1. They did a few good new things in X2, like jet skis and water slides, but both sequels are still really barebones. In fact, just looking at X1 again now, and even this one doesn't have hair clipping through the sunbeds, unlike X3.

I still maintain this series could be so much better than it is, but I didn't realise just how poor X3 is till I went back to play these old ones. It looks beautiful, but holy crap, it's essentially DOAX1.5 in terms of what's in the game... On top of the amazing T&A, of course.

Yea, it's kinda ridiculous tbh. DOAX3 is quite possibly the laziest effort I've seen from anything that isn't an annual sports title. How are you gonna hold a vote for only 9 characters (kicking out 2 of the 3 OGs and a character that actually debuted in the Xtreme games) when you're already lifting so much shit wholesale from previous games? It's also the only iteration to not work with custom music!

I could rant all day about it tbh, but I'll spare you all, lol.

Azuardo

Nah, I'm the same. I mean, I knew after getting X3 how poor an effort it was, even then comparing what I knew was in previous games like X2, but it's hitting home tenfold now I've got them all in my hands to see it for myself. Might sound a bit silly to get so mad at this kinda game, but it's only really because I think it can be so much better, and just, well, like you say, it's so fucking lazy that it makes it all the more frustrating. It honestly wouldn't surprise me to hear the majority of the budget went into the soft engine.

Azuardo

The fact you can play exhibitions of volleyball whenever you want makes X1 superior to the others anyway.

Man, X3 musta been easy money for them, and they're still putting out DLC for it.

AlStrong

I'd be curious to see a comparison of the developer credits between the three games, as in... how many people worked on them directly. Could be indicative or not.

Endo Punk

Really hope DOA6 is shown this year. And if guest characters are to return(please do) it would be awesome to see Kiryu, I mean Team Ninja has worked with Sega for Virtua Fighter reps in DOA5. It seems everyone's after Kiryu to be in a fighting game after exposure to the awesome Yakuza 0.

As for DOAX3 it's a damn shame to see the franchise regress with every release. It almost seems Tn doesn't wanna spend on new animation, more content and characters because modern sensibilities don't accept games like this anymore unlike Gen6. Also still salty about the lack of Mila and Lisa.

Azuardo

Yeah, I keep thinking about DOA6 now. DOA5 has really run its course.

I'm still more in favour of Ryo Hazuki tbh, and would be good promotion for Shenmue 3. But I can see Kiryu being just as popular, if not more, of a choice. Wouldn't say no to either.

Synth

Yeah, I keep thinking about DOA6 now. DOA5 has really run its course.

I'm still more in favour of Ryo Hazuki tbh, and would be good promotion for Shenmue 3. But I can see Kiryu being just as popular, if not more, of a choice. Wouldn't say no to either.

I'd prefer Ryo also. I feel Kiryu would fit better in Tekken's universe stylistically, whereas Ryo's design is very Virtua Fighter-eqsue, which for obvious reason has already proven to work well with Dead or Alive.

Eolz

I just hope we get a DoA6 tease this year. I'm not expecting much more.

I still want to believe in NEC having some kind of playable alpha :p
But yeah, hopefully, some basic tease at DOA Festival after talking about the next costume packs for this fall...

Endo Punk

The characters will look great I'm sure but a new DOA should hopefully improve the visuals in the level design. When a 360 launch DOA levels look better than the end of gen DOA's then you know something is wrong

Top Bottom