• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

The characters will look great I'm sure but a new DOA should hopefully improve the visuals in the level design. When a 360 launch DOA levels look better than the end of gen DOA's then you know something is wrong

The game in general was more colorful which also helped, the stages don't need to be seaside market big but varied like 4 wouldn't hurt.

Korigama

Hm, not something that I was looking for thematically, but it doesn't look bad on Marie Rose at least (plus the added bonus of it being an alt with her hair down).

Hubb

Ehhh.
I feel that the cowgirl theme only fit Tina, but let's see how it looks on the others. Doesn't fit Marie imo.

Whether it fits her or not, that is her best hairstyle by far. Too bad it'll be limited to that costume.

The characters will look great I'm sure but a new DOA should hopefully improve the visuals in the level design. When a 360 launch DOA levels look better than the end of gen DOA's then you know something is wrong

To be fair, the focus on DOA4 was far more on the environments than the character models. DOA5 kind of flipped that.

Not saying I wouldn't like both, though.

Azuardo

C_ik3gSVYAEtwHx.jpg

No actual cowboys in the cowboy set. :/

I thought Team NINJA was making some progress in being more balanced with the fanservice for the entire cast, but these past few sets have been a big letdown.

Azuardo

There were never going to be guy costumes in these sets. 17 costumes means it's just the girls. It's disappointing, but it was known.

IoalJKb.png

There were never going to be guy costumes in these sets. 17 costumes means it's just the girls. It's disappointing, but it was known.

IoalJKb.png
They could (and should) rotate some of the ladies out if they want to make smaller sets. Six sets without a single costume for any of the guys is ridiculous.

Hubb

Prefer the rope/no gun holster to those with the gun/double gun holsters. I'm surprised I like the look as much as I do. If you would have told me it was cowboy costumes without showing me any pictures I wouldn't be interested in the set.

Those Cowgirl costumes are sweet. If I could use my 360 arcade stick on my XB1, I'd probably buy the game and some of that DLC.
Nyo with the sawn-off is great too.

Loona

No actual cowboys in the cowboy set. :/

I thought Team NINJA was making some progress in being more balanced with the fanservice for the entire cast, but these past few sets have been a big letdown.

Didn't Bass already have a cowboy outfit anyway?... Thy could have modified that in the very least...

Eolz

That was quite the trailer. Love it when they do some OC stuff like at the beginning of the video.

Looks great on Nyotengu, Tina, Christie, Naotora and Honoka. Not a fan for the others, would have been better if most of them weren't just in a bra tbh.

Azuardo

It's a bit shit they don't let us customise the costumes for story mode, yet they go out of their way to add them to their own promo vids.

Azuardo

Pointless, but thought I'd list how many costumes including DLC each character has.

Kasumi 66
Ayane 66
Leifang 63
Hitomi 61
Kokoro 61
Tina 60
Mila 56
Helena 55
Marie Rose 53
Momiji 52
Christie 52
Nyotengu 51
Lisa 50
Honoka 45
Phase 4 44
Rachel 40
Hayate 24
Hayabusa 23
Bass 22
Eliot 22
Naotora 21
Bayman 21
Jann Lee 21
Zack 21
Rig 20
Brad Wong 20
Sarah 19
Gen Fu 19
Pai 19
Ein 17
Raidou 15
Leon 15
Alpha-152 14
Akira 14
Jacky 13
Mai 7

Azuardo

Some of the licensed collabs are being taken down in the next couple of months. So best buy your fave character from them before they do. Consequently, Season Pass 4 and the bonus Ayane costume will be removed too. Personally, I don't see why they don't just make her outfit purchasable separately. Don't understand the notion behind making it unavailable forever. I'll probs just buy Kas two outfits from these packs.

naPzz75.png

ikiDJTv.png

Eolz

Some of the licensed collabs are being taken down in the next couple of months. So best buy your fave character from them before they do. Consequently, Season Pass 4 and the bonus Ayane costume will be removed too. Personally, I don't see why they don't just make her outfit purchasable separately. Don't understand the notion behind making it unavailable forever. I'll probs just buy Kas two outfits from these packs.

I want the Ayane exclusive costume :(
Don't understand why they're not doing a discount in those cases...

Azuardo

I want the Ayane exclusive costume :(
Don't understand why they're not doing a discount in those cases...

Yeah, they really should discount them...but I guess just announcing they will be pulled down will be enough to get people to buy them before they go. It sucks the Ayane costume will disappear.

Azuardo

Any consensus on what the hardest tag combo challenge is? I've finally pulled off the Mai-Kasumi one after what seemed like forever. Felt good.

Top Bottom