• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is anyone else picking up Warriors All-Stars?

Warning on this game: It suffers from some major frame rate performance issues, even for a Koei musou game. You wouldn't believe how bad the Vita version is (which is probably why they didn't bother localizing it).

I quit playing the Japanese PS4 version to wait and see how the PC version turns out...and I'm not expecting much, given their PC port track record.

Azuardo

Warning on this game: It suffers from some major frame rate performance issues, even for a Koei musou game. You wouldn't believe how bad the Vita version is (which is probably why they didn't bother localizing it).

I quit playing the Japanese PS4 version to wait and see how the PC version turns out...and I'm not expecting much, given their PC port track record.

Ugh that sucks. Hope they fix it up for the Western release.

Eolz

Basically this for me:
Waiting to see PC performance, and will buy. Or might buy, try it, then refund if bad perf.
But yeah, those import impressions were disappointing :/

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
But yeah, those import impressions were disappointing :/

Was really hyped and it was a let down. A number of imports have been disappointing this year. Takaki even let me down with Senran Kagura PBS.

ShinMaruku

I could see PBS being a miss because just it's not in that dev teams wheelhouse. It's why I would really like a action rpg. Hopefully with proper writers so they can just focus on gameplay.

Tyaren

I didn't realize that the last pack of DLC was the last part of the current season pass. Looking back through the DLC release dates, it doesn't seem like there is a break in release dates between the different season passes. Could this be the final DLC (outside of the designer costumes), or are we going to see more leading up to Halloween?

Can we finally get an announcement at this years Tokyo Game Show?

There are hints and rumors floating around, coming from people close to the management team, that there will be an announcement of something big and DOA related later this year. It could likely be DOA6, considering that DOA5 is a pretty old game by now, that it has been a success in game sales, DLC sales and downloads of the free to play version, that DLC is finally slowing down or ending and that already next year we are in the last third of the current generation's life time. It would be a strange move after their success to practically sit this gen out and leave the stage alone to Tekken 7 in the 3D fighting game genre.

Hubb

There are hints and rumors floating around, coming from people close to the management team, that there will be an announcement of something big and DOA related later this year. It could likely be DOA6, considering that DOA5 is a pretty old game by now, that it has been a success in game sales, DLC sales and downloads of the free to play version, that DLC is finally slowing down or ending and that already next year we are in the last third of the current generation's life time. It would be a strange move after their success to practically sit this gen out and leave the stage alone to Tekken 7 in the 3D fighting game genre.

I can only hope you (or those rumors) are right and we see some kind of an announcement later this year.

MCD

I want DOA6 so bad because I know it will be the best fighting game graphically.

Unless Soul Calibur 6 get announced.

Hubb

Much so lol.

Always a shame with DOA ones tho, because they always revert to the same shit.

Man, we need DOA6 sharpish.

I mean it was mostly the OP's fault lol. I'm not really sure what the point of that thread was over than to show off Honoka.

That being said, drive by and shit posters don't help either.

Azuardo

Some upcoming figmas.

Marie

101.jpg

Kasumi

159.jpg

Eolz

Whenever someone brings up Marie Rose, you know it's going to shit :p
Especially once Crossing Eden or some other specific posters get in, as Shin implied.

delSai

Are there any good tutorial videos out there for this? I re-downloaded the F2P version and enjoying it enough to put some time into it and want to learn some stuff.

Eolz

Not sure for overall tutorial (already well covered by the game itself) but I remember some good character specific ones, will need to find them back.

OK so I wanna get into Dead or Alive 5. Probably gonna be casually as well, a new one is on the horizon and I don't exactly live in an area where this game has a large fanbase.

What version do I buy to get ALL the characters? I currently only have Core Fighters.

Also what is up with the Catalogues that are free on the Add-Ons section for the PS4? I got all of them but will they actually give me access to the costumes?

Also does this stuff ever go on sale?

Azuardo

Can't link anything atm as I'm on mobile but I think I linked some all-character bundle sales a page or two back. Minus Mai who you would have to get separate. I believe it's a worldwide deal till about August 8th.

Otherwise it's just best to buy LR on disc. Usually got for about £15 or less in UK, but would again need to buy Mai and I think Naotora separate, though should equal less than the offer I mentioned overall this way.

There are some good tut vids out there. Think I'm subbed to some, but there is bound to be some good stuff at freestepdodge.

Catalogues - you need the relevant ones to actually see and use the costume you bought. It also simply allows you to see them on your online opponents. Not having the catalogue means you'll just see your opponent in their default outfit.

Sales are few and far between with this game, and even when they do it's usually still too much for most people's liking, especially the season passes.

Aww, the lack of sales is a bit disappointing. There are some great looking costumes I'd love to put money down for.

Oh well, for now I'll see about getting my hands on the game and taking it from there!

Thanks for the reply.

Also is there someplace where I can actually see the costumes in-game for the character without having to log in to the game?

Eolz

Aww, the lack of sales is a bit disappointing. There are some great looking costumes I'd love to put money down for.

Oh well, for now I'll see about getting my hands on the game and taking it from there!

Thanks for the reply.

Also is there someplace where I can actually see the costumes in-game for the character without having to log in to the game?

You mean just the pictures?
Either on the official website or on the wikia (like this for Kasumi).

And yeah, as said above, either the disc, which is the cheapest, or a package regularly on sale with all fighters (including Naotora and Mai I think, which is not the case for the disc).
There's already tons of costumes to unlock before looking at the DLC tbf.

after seeing what 5 became, i'll probably jump in hard on 6 from day 1 so i can feel i'm getting my money's worth

as long as the game still plays as well as 5 does . . . and exists lol

ShinMaruku

Will keep you posted if I hear more about 6. They been hinting it hard this year. He'll these fuckers could release it this holiday, they do not leak.

Hubb

Will keep you posted if I hear more about 6. They been hinting it hard this year. He'll these fuckers could release it this holiday, they do not leak.

There is 0% chance they'd release it this holiday. I'd bet my life savings. There is still DLC coming out for 5 in October.

delSai

I guess the most likely place for a reveal would be Sonys TGS conference. I am pretty sure Last Round was revealed there + Sony and KT seem to have a pretty good partnership going on.

ShinMaruku

There is 0% chance they'd release it this holiday. I'd bet my life savings. There is still DLC coming out for 5 in October.
DLC for one is DLC for all

My most realistic expectations is it drops next year with a reveal this year.
I would not be shocked at any date. Most likely it is next year, but if they been working on it for some time it could come this year.

If they don't reveal it this year I will drop Kasumi to main Marie Rose forever.
tumblr_nsamreqe8X1t5k8i7o1_400.gif

I guess the most likely place for a reveal would be Sonys TGS conference. I am pretty sure Last Round was revealed there + Sony and KT seem to have a pretty good partnership going on.

Before that is also likely.

Kumubou

Those new figures... 👀

DLC for one is DLC for all
Are you implying that DLC is going to carry forward to the new game? That would be unusually forward-thinking for Koei-Tecmo, but that also means that either the same model data is carrying over (and won't be much of a graphical upgrade) and they're not taking the opportunity to soak their fanbase for the DLC again (which Japanese developers seem to enjoy doing) or they're redoing the models and are going to give that away to their core playerbase (which is not without precedent in Games as a Service style games, but I just can't see them doing it).

I just hope they completely revamp the online experience. Even going from something like Tekken 7 (which is hardly ideal) to DoA5 is... jarring.

Top Bottom