• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 PC E3 Trailer PEGI

Grief.exe

but.. yeah, it's time (or it's getting to be time) to get a current, single card, and you know it

I disagree, chasing the max game will always force constant upgrade, but playing at 1080p/60FPS with fidelity settings at or better than the consoles I probably won't have issues.

see5harp

Again, its different from person-to-person. I considered GTAV unplayable on the PS3, while many others, including some PC gamers, played through it ok.

Dead Rising 3 spends a lot of time in the low-mid 20's, which I don't think I could deal with. And I'm pretty sure many PC gamers would be right there with me on that. 60fps is more than just 'better', its a damn revelation by comparison. Even being able to play it at a locked 30fps would be a big improvement.

If you think GTA V was unplayable on the PS3 that's fine. I don't not feel that Dead Rising 3 was unplayable and the type of game it is places very little emphasis on precision aiming or attacks. Don't take it from me though, take it from a framerate analysis.

kmg90

No mention of Microsoft at all in the trailer, maybe it was a timed exclusive.

PS4 owners don't get too excited yet, Microsoft may have specifically stipulated a no Playstation clause.

This is probably the only thing I found interesting about the trailer.

Capcom owns the Dead Rising IP unless for some reason Microsoft allowed Dead Rising 2 (and the spin-off) on PS3 for some reason..

If you think GTA V was unplayable on the PS3 that's fine. I don't not feel that Dead Rising 3 was unplayable and the type of game it is places very little emphasis on precision aiming or attacks. Don't take it from me though, take it from a framerate analysis.

GT5 is def creeping close to unplayable. I got out of AAA games for good on PS3 around Last of Us because I couldn't handle the fps and jaggies and pop-in anymore.

W.S.

This and KI were the only reason I would have bought an Xbox One. (KI mostly) I'm not really interested in anything else that's been announced for the system.

One down, one to go (won't happen).

...and?
People are allowed to have different opinions/views on each system before and after E3.

I already have Titanfall on PC, don't care about Ryse, don't care about any sim-racers.
So to someone like me, DR3 is the one game on the XB1 that I would want as of the moment.
Not into Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon, Fable Legends, Halo, or Quantum Break either? They're looking pretty good as well.

MikahR

Banned
I already have Titanfall on PC, don't care about Ryse, don't care about any sim-racers.
So to someone like me, DR3 is the one game on the XB1 that I would want as of the moment.

If you are being sincere about that, then that's perfectly fine. My original critique was more towards the run-by posts that have no substance.

Hrm...so it was a Timed Xclusive? Or I guess because this one is pub'd by Capcom they can release where they like?

Interesting development nonetheless.

Edit - I am genuinely curious as to how this works.

I might be wrong but I swear I recall them saying at E3 last year that DR3 was a "Holiday Exclusive".

Seanspeed

Banned
...and?
And were you planning on getting an XB1 for Dead Rising? Sounds to me like you were already leaning against it, due to not wanting any of the games except this one.

Look man, I'm sorry I'd rather trust a factual analysis of how it runs rather than somebody who has a very subjective take on this that could very well differ from mine. Don't take that as an insult or that I'm saying you're wrong or full of shit or anything. I just don't think we have the same standards, that's all.

A Capcom game FUNDED by Microsoft, a game that wouldn't even exist if Microsoft didn't pay for it.
Dead Rising 4 may end up on PS4 but there is zero chance of this game imo.

DR3 was going to exist no matter what; they already had it running on the PC but had issues running it on the 360, so Microsoft just helped Capcom port to next-gen instead in exchange for (temporary) exclusivity

Not that I'd probably ever buy a One, but this game was the only reason I was interested in the console.

Now it's just that much more of an incentive to build a HTPC.

Kssio_Aug

Not into Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon, Fable Legends, Halo, or Quantum Break either? They're looking pretty good as well.

I do agree with that, but unfortunately Falbe is not really certain to be held for so long, since except for Fable 2 all the others are on PC. And about Halo, well, that Halo 2 picture that Major Nélson used to deliver the control driver for PC may mean nothing but that was strange, and I kind "fear" they will release the collection on PC too. And, Sunset Overdrive is not MS IP, that said Im not sure in wich extent that exclusivity will be held.

And Im not even looking forward for those things to happen, since I have a Xone and Id like to see it holding some exclusivities, because I believe thats important for a console.

impact

Banned
My face when I'm running Battlefield 4 at ~75FPS/1080p at mostly high settings with an SLI 560 ti set-up I picked up for $300 total.

ibaQWunmnuEq8.gif

My face when playing any version of Battlefield 4

1PN39h0.gif

DR3 was going to exist no matter what; they already had it running on the PC but had issues running it on the 360, so Microsoft just helped Capcom port to next-gen instead in exchange for (temporary) exclusivity

Microsoft published this game ala Beast Souls/Demon's Souls and Sony. Stop port-begging.

vg260

Honestly no. I'm sure many of those will be good, but none of those are must play to me.

I play mostly action-adventure, fighters, and short session arcade games.

W.S.

I want all of those games.=O
Me too!

I do agree with that, but unfortunately Falbe is not really certain to be held for so long, since except for Fable 2 all the others are on PC. And about Halo, well, that Halo 2 picture that Major Nélson used to deliver the control driver for PC may mean nothing but that was strange, and I kind "fear" they will release the collection on PC too. And, Sunset Overdrive is not MS IP, that said Im not sure in wich extent that exclusivity will be held.

And Im not even looking forward for those things to happen, since I have a Xone and Id like to see it holding some exclusivities, because I believe thats important for a console.

Some of these are kind of a mixed area in terms of their likelihood of PC releases.

Fable has had 3 & now Anniversary go there and with 3rd party games like DR3 going to PC as well I'm actually doubting whether Sunset is going to stay on XBO exclusively. The Halo and Forza series on the other hand tend to be held closer to the chest with the Xbox after 3, maybe Quantum Break will head that direction but I think it would be foolish to put all of these on PC if they want to sell more XBO's.

W.S.

Honestly no. I'm sure many of those will be good, but none of those are must play to me.

I play mostly action-adventure, fighters, and short session arcade games.

I suppose that's fair but I don't see the Xbox One being short on those although exclusive fighters are less of a thing outside of KI and GGXrd.

DR1 on PC would be glorious. IMO it's still the best DR, despite its problems.

I'd agree with that. DR 1 was probably one of my favorite 360 games throughout its generation. I wonder if Microsoft inked a deal for exclusivity for DR1 but since the third game is coming to pc I don't see why the first game can't either.

cakely

That's a good list of games, but none of them have been released yet. Walk into a store today and buy an Xbox One and you can play exactly zero of the games on that list.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Dead Rising 2 is one of the biggest reasons I'm glad GFWL is dead. That anti prerelease DRM or whatever it is was just terrible. In other words, I'm very happy this is for Steam instead.

Those are all future games, but just to entertain you:

Sunset Overdrive. Yes. However, I'm waiting for more impressions given how bad their last few games were.
Forza Horizon, No.
Fable Legends, No.
Halo, No.
Quantum Break, No. Need more details, Alan wake was a chore.
Gears, Yes.

And were you planning on getting an XB1 for Dead Rising? Sounds to me like you were already leaning against it, due to not wanting any of the games except this one.
I leaned against an early XB1 purchase due to price + kinect (I play everything at my desk, with headphones on) + not wanting to pay dual sub fee for MP games.

As for games, Dead Rising was and still is the only game on the system that interest me.

I did the same last gen where I picked up a 360 late just so I can play ToV (and later picked up Gears.)

P.S. I got a PS4 only so I can play BF4 (which I shortly gave up on.)
Do you think I bought that system for any of its other mediocre launches titles?

Dysun

Nice to see that Steam listing was legit. I'll pick this up on a Steam sale one day, I was hoping for another Off the Record type deal eventually but this will do

ujnhunter

Neo Member
Dang it~! Don't think they make a Low Profile card better than the one I already own... SAPPHIRE 100357LP Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card. Guess I can't play this. Anyone know of a better Low Profile card? :| Was excited to see this game was coming to PC, seeing I have zero interest in ever owning an Xbox One. Now I'm kinda bummed at the minimum 7870.

Damn those graphics card requirements are steep.

I really don't think my HD 7850 won't run the game at all though. It's gotten me through a lot of games with quite high graphical settings at 1080p 60fps and I don't think DR3 will be pushing the boundaries that much. I do have it overclocked though so that would have some part to play.

Looks like I'll be waiting for release impressions to see how it holds up for less powerful GPUs. This was one of the few games selling me on a XB1 but this release and the relaitively poor performance on XB1 makes this choice much easier.

W.S.

That's a good list of games, but none of them have been released yet. Walk into a store today and buy an Xbox One and you can play exactly zero of the games on that list.
Whether they were out or not wasn't my point though, it was to gauge interest in what other exclusives could potentially interest non Xbox One owners (PC people included of course) on the system aside from Dead Rising 3.

Those are all future games, but just to entertain you:

Sunset Overdrive. Yes. However, I'm waiting for more impressions given how bad their last few games were.
Forza Horizon, No.
Fable Legends, No.
Halo, No.
Quantum Break, No. Need more details, Alan wake was a chore.
Gears, Yes.

I leaned against an early XB1 purchase due to price + kinect (I play everything at my desk, with headphones on) + not wanting to pay dual sub fee for MP games.

As for games, Dead Rising was and still is the only game on the system that interest me.

I did the same last gen where I picked up a 360 late just so I can play ToV (and later picked up Gears.)

P.S. I got a PS4 only so I can play BF4 (which I shortly gave up on.)
Do you think I bought that system for any of its other mediocre launches titles?

Well I'm basically trying to see what you're looking for in terms of the genre's or games you weren't interested in.

Since you mainly wanted DR3 I listed Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon, Quantum Break, and Fable because Horizon isn't really a sim racer and the others fall into the action adventure category (albeit with their own sub-categories) but it seems like you're really into open world stuff and shooters which is fine, we all look for different things in terms of games/exclusives.

Personally if everything shakes out well with those games I think it's upcoming library makes it worth it for more than DR3.

Well I'm basically trying to see what you're looking for in terms of the genre's or games you weren't interested in.

Since you mainly wanted DR3 I listed Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon, Quantum Break, and Fable because Horizon isn't really a sim racer and the others fall into the action adventure category (albeit with their own sub-categories) but it seems like you're really into open world stuff and shooters which is fine, we all look for different things in terms of games/exclusives.

Personally if everything shakes out well with those games I think it's upcoming library makes it worth it for more than DR3.

Horizong isn't a sim racer, but I'm also not that interested with open world racers.
I got Burnout Paradise and the last 2 releases of NFS, but the open world formula didn't really work for me. I just want old style arcade burnout or NFS:Underground design (open world map, closed races.)

As for shooters, I'm not really a shooter fan outside of BF. Gears and SO are just interesting to me for their co-op/horde aspects. My main hope right now is that SO will have a co-op component similar to Resistance 2 (inter-dependent co-op to the extreme.)

Anyway, sorry for going OT.

This together with Forza Horizon were the only X1 exclusives I care about... So yeah, PC is serving me extremely well at the moment.

W.S.

Horizong isn't a sim racer, but I'm also not that interested with open world racers.
I got Burnout Paradise and the last 2 releases of NFS, but the open world formula didn't really work for me. I just want old style arcade burnout or NFS:Underground design (open world map, closed races.)

As for shooters, I'm not really a shooter fan outside of BF. Gears and SO are just interesting to me for their co-op/horde aspects. My main hope right now is that SO will have a co-op component similar to Resistance 2 (inter-dependent co-op to the extreme.)

Anyway, sorry for going OT.

It's cool man, thanks for the inside thoughts!

This game will look great on a good PC so that's a big positive for folks who wanted to see it to it's full potential.

Haunted

I didn't think the game looked particularly great on the XB1, a cleaner image might help that impression.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Hell yes.

Tried this on my XBO and it looked and ran like shit. Plus the demo cut me off after only a few minutes of actual play time.

Will get on steam though.

Top Bottom