• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 PC E3 Trailer PEGI

That's awesome, I'll definitely pick it up but this is kind of what I was afraid off. MS has always had this issue where exclusives end up not being so exclusive.

scitek

Microsoft published 3rd party games going to PC have been an established trend with the 360 and even with Microsoft's own 1st party games on the original Xbox but at the same time I can't help but think that Microsoft needs as many platform exclusives as it can get to better help sell it's console.

With this, Halo Spartan Assault, and Max: The Curse of Brotherhood also being on PC/Steam it does take away some of the appeal from their console and their exclusive library at least for me.

Also they're not in a great position with multiplatform games running better on Sony's console and indies not being as abundant so they need to be careful about this type of thing potentially hurting their Xbox area unless they have tons of other platform exclusives lined up.

I couldn't care less about MS's business, I just know I never plan on owning an Xbox One, and this is one less game I'll have to miss out on.

Genio88

I loved it on Xbox one, i didn't expect a PC port, at least not so soon, do you think maybe even Ryse could hit the PC? i loved that as well, it could be awesome with 1080p and additional effects.

leroidys

This game looked fantastic from it's initial reveal... I'm a little bit puzzled about how little internet chatter there was about it leading up to and after release. Doesn't seem like it made much of an impact for some reason.

Anyone who's played it have any insight?

MikahR

Banned
This game looked fantastic from it's initial reveal... I'm a little bit puzzled about how little internet chatter there was about it leading up to and after release. Doesn't seem like it made much of an impact for some reason.

Anyone who's played it have any insight?

It made impact on those who enjoy the Dead Rising series of games. They were never major sellers, so that's probably why there wasn't much chatter. Dead Rising games tend to be somewhere between major blockbuster and niche/cult title. Those who love them love them. Those who don't couldn't care less.

I fucking love Dead Rising. I am a Dead Rising fiend. I think Dead Rising 3 is far and away the worst game in the series and the reason there's probably not much chatter is because of that fact.

Bosses are way easier, survivors are incredibly expendable (most don't come with you, those that do can die with no ill-effects and you get their rewards immediately), the city is boring and annoying to navigate, you spend most of your time just tediously driving between sections of town on the world's lamest bridge, running fetch quests for survivors who who have no real personality and no emotional investment in actually keeping them alive.

It took everything I liked about Dead Rising and either stripped it away or made it worse. Part of me hopes there will be an Off the Record-type release that fixes all that stuff, but I really doubt it.

pahamrick

I fucking love Dead Rising. I am a Dead Rising fiend. I think Dead Rising 3 is far and away the worst game in the series and the reason there's probably not much chatter is because of that fact.

Bosses are way easier, survivors are incredibly expendable (most don't come with you, those that do can die with no ill-effects and you get their rewards immediately), the city is boring and annoying to navigate, you spend most of your time just tediously driving between sections of town on the world's lamest bridge, running fetch quests for survivors who who have no real personality and no emotional investment in actually keeping them alive.

It took everything I liked about Dead Rising and either stripped it away or made it worse. Part of me hopes there will be an Off the Record-type release that fixes all that stuff, but I really doubt it.

I'm looking forward to DR3, but you're not the first person I've seen say things like that. It's disheartening, but I love me some DR.

I still think DR1 is the best of the ones I've played. I need to pick up DR2 on PC sometime, when I rented it on 360 years ago it didn't really click with me.

But are zombies still fun to kill? I love the series and that's really the only appeal for me. Just finding neat and creative ways to kill zombies and have fun. I guess these games have never been more than dumb fun for me. They've always felt like an evolution of Capcom's arcade beat'em ups.

But are zombies still fun to kill? I love the series and that's really the only appeal for me. Just finding neat and creative ways to kill zombies and have fun. I guess these games have never been more than dumb fun for me.

I mean...sort of? There's just so many of them that to move forward, you pretty much need a vehicle if you're not going to break all your weapons getting to the next area. Then it becomes boring because all you're doing is running over them for five minutes.

To fix a problem they created, they then introduce stronger zombies like football players that take a lot more to kill and take a lot more hits who also become equally tedious after a while.

Vandiger

dink.gif

I mean...sort of? There's just so many of them that to move forward, you pretty much need a vehicle if you're not going to break all your weapons getting to the next area. Then it becomes boring because all you're doing is running over them for five minutes.

To fix a problem they created, they then introduce stronger zombies like football players that take a lot more to kill and take a lot more hits who also become equally tedious after a while.

I see. I had wondered if that became a problem after hearing about how many zombies are on screen at once. It sounds like a lot of weapons and other items become useless because they just can't deal with large amounts. Unlike the previous games where there were often areas with just a few of them mingling around so you had some breathing room and could stand around to think about what to mess around with next.

see5harp

I see. I had wondered if that became a problem after hearing about how many zombies are on screen at once. It sounds like a lot of weapons and other items become useless because they just can't deal with large amounts. Unlike the previous games where there were often areas with just a few of them mingling around so you had some breathing room and could stand around to think about what to mess around with next.

There are plenty of weapons that make it trivial to run around even at night when the hordes get tougher. Especially when you get the magazine that increases durability. There are a couple weapons that make it faster to level up on foot than in a vehicle, even one of the combo vehicles.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh

Your points seem pretty valid , but thankfully that stuff you mentioned is not at all what i care about in a dead rising games. Although i loved encountering the psychos in previous games, playing against them was a chore, as were the survivors etc ( plus i hated the timers)

In most games i care about the story, characters , lore , evaluating every aspect of a game and becoming connected with it.

However Dead rising is one of the few franchises that i don't care about any of that stuff. I simply turn on the game, and want to kill some zombies with stupid weapons.

Each to there own I guess.

MikahR

Banned
Because there wasn't any Microsoft logo there, even in the game cover?

What does that have to do with anything at all?

Yeesh, dial down the venom there. No need for it. This isn't even a console thread.

And let's not forget without Microsoft there wouldn't even be a Dead Rising 3. The project was just about dead until they came and basically paid Capcom to port it to Xbox One and finish its development. Capcom probably had a clause in the contract that allowed them to port the game to PC after a set amount of time and that's what they're doing.

JayEH

Remember when Capcom Vancouver said "definitely is not a timed exclusive". lol, they'll say anything to get you to buy something.

Hellshy.

Remember when Capcom Vancouver said "definitely is not a timed exclusive". lol, they'll say anything to get you to buy something.

I do. I would be pretty upset if I bought my xbox one for this game. It hasnt even been out for a year.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yay! Definitely going to pick this up.

Sacul64GC

Banned
A Capcom game FUNDED by Microsoft, a game that wouldn't even exist if Microsoft didn't pay for it.
Dead Rising 4 may end up on PS4 but there is zero chance of this game imo.

This is not a Bayonetta 2 situation. Capcom was always going to make a Dead Rising 3.

Zushin

Think I will pick this up. My rig is pretty much exactly the same as recommended specs, except for CPU which I have a 4670. Never played a Dead Rising game before, so looking forward to it!

It's funny how this PC trailer embraces everything they tried to keep away from during the reveal

I remember everyone going "woah looks really tame to be a Dead Rising game, it's like they took the crazyness and humor out". They were clearly trying to play it straight so it'd appeal to wider "zombie game!" audiences

and now we get a trailer like this

Wow, compare this to the announcement trailer from E3 2013. Quite the contrast indeed.

Top Bottom