• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 spotted on Steam Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead Rising 3 was great fun and had some great lightning/effects despite the resolution so I'm really excited to see what it'll look at 1080P+/60 FPS

ref

I enjoyed DR3 on Xbox One even with 720p, sketchy framerate.

I'm going to REALLY enjoy it on PC at 1080p/60.

morpix

Since I bought DR3 at launch on XBone, I'll grab this when it goes on sale. But damn, I'm hankering for another playthrough at 1080/60. Does this maybe point to the XBone controller getting drivers?

Espi

Banned
I hope this means Phil was serious about stepping up their PC support.

I don't expect Halo, I gave up on that last year. Sunset Overdrive would be nice. Ryse as well, while it didn't get spectacular reviews I'm still interested in it.

Cool. Not too surprising because it's Capcom but MS did publish it. Wonder if this had always been the plan assuming it goes through

I might still get it on XB1 eventually though depending

And I just bought it last week...
It was only $20 but still, I'd rather have played it on my PC, because the performance is pretty rough on Xbone.

Salsa

Capcom could still be publishing this on PC themselves, for all we know

I mean, extremely unlikely, but who knows what that contract was like

Gestault

Nice. No interest in DR3 myself, but it's nice that all these moneyhats are only for a limited period of time.

From everything we understand, the situation was along the lines of the Bayonetta 2 scenario; the game wouldn't have existed unless a platform holder shouldered some of the cost of production/publishing. These are among the last situations a company should catch flack for.

Saw this coming a mile off. Good news but is the game any good? I've never played it.

If only there was more than half a year's worth of reviews and reactions to draw upon. (Snark aside, it was supposed to be pretty good. There were 50 positive reviews and 17 mixed reviews tracked by Metacritic).

Shinobi and Mort have hinted about something DR3 related, and that it would still be MS related. According to Wario's twitter, the Steam app for DR3 is called "Walking." I wonder if this will be a standalone expansion type thing that will be on both Xbox One and PC?

Salsa

Shinobi and Mort have hinted about something DR3 related, and that it would still be MS related. According to Wario's twitter, the Steam app for DR3 is called "Walking." I wonder if this will be a standalone expansion type thing that will be on both Xbox One and PC?

database entries almost always have codenames before the actual announcement, same way movies do when they are sent out to theatres before release

"Walking" is just a way to put it there without spelling out Dead Rising 3

2375777-5063718573-1ymos2m.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

From everything we understand, the situation was along the lines of the Bayonetta 2 scenario; the game wouldn't have existed unless a platform holder shouldered some of the cost of production/publishing. These are among the last situations a company should catch flack for.
From what I remember, the rumor prior to the game's reveal was that it was a last gen game turned next gen exclusive late into development. As someone who beat the game, that seems completely accurate.

cakely

Is this legit? It's definitely on my list of "Games I will buy when I get an Xbox One" but I can take it off if it's really going to be on Steam.

Salsa

From what I remember, the rumor prior to the game's reveal was that it was a last gen game turned next gen exclusive late into development. As someone who beat the game, that seems completely accurate.

that's pretty much the case conisdering the scenario and plot details were leaked a long, long time ago

not exactly, but the fact that you play as a mechanic, etc

Is this legit? It's definitely on my list of "Games I will buy when I get an Xbox One" but I can take it off if it's really going to be on Steam.
It's legit in that it's in the Steam registry.

Whether or not that means it will actually release on Steam... maybe. There's a better chance now that it will than there was, but there have been games on the Steam Registry for years that have never released (like the Halo games).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom