• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 |OT| Can I Play With Madness?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Yeah this news is not good in regards to a shitty ending. Especially with that 'truth' dlc or whatever it is.

That DLC is just a suit.

Is there a headphone jack to USB port thing anywhere?

Can you check and see if your TV can do audio out through USB? There are USB to 3.5mm dongles.

I can almost guarantee you'll be able to use your headphones with your TV. Trust me, I'm an expert in AV stuff.
Not really, I just did freelance video work for CBS Sports for a few years

People are saying some of the side missions can only be done in coop. Is that true or false.

There are co-op only side missions that revolve around Carver.

Regarding "Visceral's promises" on that, it was pretty clear to me that the hallucinations were going to mostly be limited to those side missions, with maybe a few minor instances in the main story that won't go further than seeing something to the effect of a tin soldier or two. The full blown hallucinations (such as the one they demoed) are definitely side mission exclusive.

Gameinformer also gave Resident Evil 6 an 8.75/10 so....yeah.

Problem is we don't know who reviewed the game. If it's Tim Tury, then there's a problem, because the crouch/cover in that game was worse. Not to mention there were plenty of instances that were designed with co-op in mind if you took the time to consider the actual design.

JJD

So I couldn't resist and watched the ending.

I liked it.

I won't spoil it for anyone but it is kinda short and there is no way to discern the plot from it. Not even the final boss (if there is one) is show.

If the DLC expands upon the ending there is no way fans of the series will not buy it (or at least watch it online! Lol!).

We can cut together. Dismember, if you will.

ibgh6K7e3xJk9n.gif

Trigger

In a weird way knowing that the ending has leaked only makes me want to play it sooner. I want to know what happens.

I love Dead Space but man, I don't really give any kind of shit about whatever the ending to Dead Space 3 might be, good or bad. I enjoy Dead Space's story and universe, but can't say I care that much about it.

JJD

If the ending sucks, I will fucking lose my mind. I want a satisfying ending with good closure. If it sucks, I will fucking cut somebody.

I don't know man. I'm a huge fan and I liked it.

I can see why some people could hate it but it's fine with me.

I don't want to spoiler tag my thoughts about it since the game isn't even out yet, but if anyone wants to see it I'll PM the link.

As I said you can't learn anything from the game plot from the video so I don't know if it's good or not.

I think it's a good ending to the trilogy, and I'm really curious to where Visceral plans to take the series going forward.

JJD

DS2's ending was pretty good.

I'll tell you this, I didn't really like the ending of DS2, so you may disagree with me when you finally see the DS3 ending... =(

Also, the ending isn't anything really elaborate. Just a couple of short scenes. Obviously I don't know what came before the conclusion.

I think I should shut up for now.

Replicant

I liked it.

I won't spoil it for anyone but it is kinda short and there is no way to discern the plot from it. Not even the final boss (if there is one) is show.

If the DLC expands upon the ending there is no way fans of the series will not buy it (or at least watch it online! Lol!).

Uhhh.....if that's true, it sounds like ME3 ending. Nooo.

I'll tell you this, I didn't really like the ending of DS2, so you may disagree with me when you finally see the DS3 ending... =(

Noooooooo x 2

JJD

Noooooooo x 2

There is no way to make up the whole ending with just that video, just the ultimate conclusion. I think there is still hope for people that didn't like it.

I hope I have not killed your hype, I'm sorry!

Should I delete those posts even if they didn't spoil anything? I already regret posting then.

What a lot of people I think that are viewing the ending, and the reason they hate it, is of two factors. The one I'll mention is that it lacks a lot of context that is needed to understand what is happening that is in the full game.

RoKKeR

Reviews, endings, microtransactions, DLC, I don't give a flying shit about any of this. I just want to play the game. I think I'll really enjoy it but if not, there's plenty of other games to play.

I can't wait to get my hands on the game, but all of this waiting surrounded by negativity and god knows what else is killing me.

Im starting to wonder how many virals we got hanging out in here.

Virals pushing which agenda? The harsh premature overreactions against or as in one of the few ways left to attempt to diminish this game would be to question the intentions of those who like it?

I'm no viral by any means if that's directed at me in the slightest. I post on various games and have my own youtube channel,twitch, etc blah blah blah! :p

I'm no viral by any means if that's directed at me in the slightest. I post on various games and have my own youtube channel,twitch, etc blah blah blah! :p

Just to make it completely clear, I am following up the accusation. It didn't originate from me. There should be no place for it on this site, though it is gaining traction as a go to.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
He might be talking about me. I'm new, I have no avatar (I don't really care enough to set one yet), and I corrected him about the "Truth" DLC.

I was actually worried I'd catch heat for being so excited about headphones.

BUY BEYERDYNAMIC DT770 PRO HEADPHONES

I wonder if the launch trailer will appear as an ad during the super bowl. It seems short enough.

I think that's something we'd hear about by now. Most super bowl ad spots are revealed the week before the game generally, at least the company airing it.

However, AMC's The Walking Dead has a 30 second preview/spot on there, so horror is already representing in some ways. Depends on if EA feels if it's worth it or not.

If there's anyone who should have purchased ad space and needs it, it's Nintendo. Heck, Nintendo TVii with football...be able to watch a game while the kid is playing Mario...there are so many ways Nintendo could have hit the sweet spot with that to a hella lot of people.

Is anyone here tackling Zealot mode on the first run?

I liked it.

I read a summary of the events leading up to the ending. I also watched it.

The ending in itself is arguably OK, but I swear if there's some sort of paid additional ending DLC that they could wring from the last 3 seconds of the original ending I'm gonna flip out. Also probably wouldn't buy it at full price and just YT it. Other DLC in the vein of Severed is OK in my book

No...no...no...no...

Don't ME3 my DS3 EA!!!

Don't fight it.

Grrr..if this does happen, this game will most likely be my final EA game I will buy, after Me3, the new BF3, dragon age..

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Is anyone here tackling Zealot mode on the first run?

Of course.

Even though you guys are just being vague, you're talking about the ending in the OT when the game hasn't even come out yet. Without reading anything that was tagged, I already know more details than I'd like. Spoiler your shit if you want to discuss it.

Of course.

Even though you guys are just being vague, you're talking about the ending in the OT when the game hasn't even come out yet. Without reading anything that was tagged, I already know more details than I'd like. Spoiler your shit if you want to discuss it.

I've been skimming most posts because of this.

Of course.

I think I'm going to as well. Ought to be fun.

And yes, we're probably going overboard with the ending talk a bit.

sephi22

Can anyone PM me a link to the ending? My google fu isn't strong enough.

I've got the game pre-ordered on Amazon (mostly because they're giving away $20) and now I'm wondering whether I should drop it.

Grrr..if this does happen, this game will most likely be my final EA game I will buy, after Me3, the new BF3, dragon age..

Seriously? Despite the fact that you might have enjoyed the game in its fullest, you will hate the company for not giving you a proper ending and never buy "said gamecompany's" games ever again?

You must not get dissapointed enough in your life.

Dave1988

Well, saw the leaked ending. I think it's.... not bad. Short, but not bad.

For anyone who wants to see the ending, click the link below.

WARNING! LINK TO THE ENDING OF DEAD SPACE 3! DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE IT.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1igVJUMEV4Q

dat N7 armor. How appropriate.

Minamu

I'm gonna knock over the magazine rack if the ending is awful. Especially if it ends like ME3.

I've had it with the last entry having awful conclusion.
I think it would be hilarious if ds3 had the exact same ending as me3 xD Like why the hell are there reapers here?!

Edit: Great link above. Gaf shows video thumbnails on cell phones you know... I'm out for a month, bye!

maybe I'm just saying this because I don't understand the plot of the game at all, but to me the game has never been about the plot. although I will admit the second game have a lot more plot. so personally I don't really care of the ending is good or not because none of the endings have been good in my opinion.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I can't say I ever really cared much for the plot of DS, though I like the world. I still don't think this is at all the time or place to discuss the ending, the game isn't even out even if it's all spoilered. Youtube on mobile gaf also automatically embeds videos, spoilering it doesn't cover anything.

Dave1988

I think it would be hilarious if ds3 had the exact same ending as me3 xD Like why the hell are there reapers here?!

Edit: Great link above. Gaf shows video thumbnails on cell phones you know... I'm out for a month, bye!

I can't say I ever really cared much for the plot of DS, though I like the world. I still don't think this is at all the time or place to discuss the ending, the game isn't even out even if it's all spoilered. Youtube on mobile gaf also automatically embeds videos, spoilering it doesn't cover anything.

I didn't know about that. I've removed the "h" out of "http". That should fix things.

clockpunk

I'm glad the Witness the Truth special edition pack content is being made available as DLC - Game (over herei nthe UK) are charging an extra £5, for what should be (and is, in other countries) a free preorder upgrade. Game and EA - a greedy match made in Heaven. But that suit does look good. Don't mind paying for suit and weapon skins, which is something that has always been in the series and is a (barely) acceptable DLC strategy (though they *should* be in-game unlocks...), as opposed to resource booster packs...

I wasn't going to buy a copy until the preowneds are down to about £15, but think I have won a copy...

Top Bottom