• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 |OT| Can I Play With Madness?

Yep, I realized. :p

Still, I'm not expecting much from DS3. A decent game at best, I can have it at 9.99€ next week. The right price for this game.

jennifer-lawrence-ok-gojsy.gif

Eideka

Banned
A fine traditional blend of both passive and aggressive, though it lacks the sticktoitiveness of I am glad I cancelled my pre-order or will wait for the $5 Steam sale. Either way, the more the merrier. Three long days.

The game is origin only, no Steam sale ! That said I'm glad I have the opportunity to have it for such a price. :D

Local retailers really rock sometimes, I liked DS1 and 2 but I don't feel like spending too much for that kind of game, yep 10€ is what I would call a fair price.
That's coming from someone who buys pretty much all his games full price (45-50€).

NotTheGuyYouKill> I can't complain.

What the hell happened in here? Why is there even ending talk?

It's odd that people seem to have fun with that expectation.

Most of the ending talk is done. Hopefully no one posts anything else, as nothing else could be said without spoiling it.

Visit any of the Tomb Raider threads...as long as you're prepared for tears and an urge to smash everything around you.

Edit: To move discussion away from the ending and such, has anyone here spoken about the suits in the game yet?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Screw that. If it works for you, there is no problem. It isn't life threatening. It is optional content for a video game that brings us $2 closer to DS4.

A suit of the month club with a nice incentive for paying up front would be welcome. I'm good for a little extra if they can retrofit them for DS1/2.

Haha. I'm impressed that I finally meet some people on GAF that don't hate fun. Good stuff.
So used to everyone complaining about good games and saying they are horrible due to DLC or heaven forbid, small text.
If you any of positive people that love to love stuff wants to add me on Xbox live pls do. Will be looking for co-op partners for this game.
Gamertag = Truelize

Haha. I'm impressed that I finally meet some people on GAF that don't hate fun. Good stuff.
So used to everyone complaining about good games and saying they are horrible due to DLC or heaven forbid, small text.
If you any of positive people that love to love stuff wants to add me on Xbox live pls do. Will be looking for co-op partners for this game.
Gamertag = Truelize

Slasherjpc Add me! :D

As for suits, I've only had 2 so far. Can't comment much really.

Preloaded and ready to rumble. I wish I could take Tuesday off. Maybe I'll take Friday off! I'm getting a new boss and I have to train her (grumble) for most of the week.

sarcoa

Whoever said it was 18-20 hours wasn't too far off the mark. Just finished a solo run (with 70% of the side missions complete) at 17:03. Died maybe 10-12 times on normal difficulty.

Doomrider

Whoever said it was 18-20 hours wasn't too far off the mark. Just finished a solo run (with 70% of the side missions complete) at 17:03. Died maybe 10-12 times on normal difficulty.

Assuming there's little to no padding, that's very impressive. Could you talk a bit more about the kind of stuff you do in side-missions? Are there cutscenes involved? Do you get unique rewards such as suits, or is it just currency/whatever? I have no idea X_X

Uhhh... the supposed leaked score from GI was a 7.75/10. Reiner only said in that tweet that GI didn't give DS3 a 7.5/10.

Edit: NVM, Reiner mentions the whole review blurb that "leaked" is supposedly fake.

Yeah. I dunno what the score is but he's pretty adamant that this "leaked info" is a fake. And the new issue of GI isn't hitting anyone till next week, so no clue where anyone would have got it from.

Assuming there's little to no padding, that's very impressive. Could you talk a bit more about the kind of stuff you do in side-missions? Are there cutscenes involved? Do you get unique rewards such as suits, or is it just currency/whatever? I have no idea X_X

Audio dialog from characters and yes the side missions are pretty sweet (from the ones I've done so far)

sarcoa

The closest comparison I can think of are the vaults from Fallout 3/NV. There's a tangible connection to the main story, like a reason it might benefit your 'mission' to go there, but most have their own self contained thing with a few audio and text logs. The reward is loot, both basic parts and some of the more rare-ish modules. And they're LONG, like an hour+ for some of them.

The closest comparison I can think of are the vaults from Fallout 3/NV. There's a tangible connection to the main story, like a reason it might benefit your 'mission' to go there, but most have their own self contained thing with a few audio and text logs. The reward is loot, both basic parts and some of the more rare-ish modules. And they're LONG, like an hour+ for some of them.

^ This is right from my experience so far. :D

Doomrider

Audio dialog from characters and yes the side missions are pretty sweet (from the ones I've done so far)

Thanks, that sounds pretty substantial and a great way to infuse the game universe with more personality! No boss-ish confrontations/set-pieces in these side-missions, right?

JJD

Wow, that sounds great!

That all sounds wonderful. 18-20 hours should be at least 20-25 for me. My times rarely match up with what I see online.

Lucentto

Banned
I have an odd question. Does anyone know the resolution this game runs at? Judging from the demo, it looks lower than 720p. It doesn't really matter to me, just curious.

Wow. People really want this game to be bad.

They will be disappointed.

Same mentality people on here (and elsewhere, I'm led to believe) have had with DmC, Tomb Raider and, to a lesser extent, Hitman Absolution. Its utterly bizarre. Its not explicitly stated, but you can just tell that people are thinking it.

I have an odd question. Does anyone know the resolution this game runs at? Judging from the demo, it looks lower than 720p. It doesn't really matter to me, just curious.

I'm also curious. Has anyone figured out the resolutions for both/either the PS3 and 360 versions?

sarcoa

Did some co-op earlier and we discovered something interesting with loot; it's kind of shared. Whether crap spills out of a dead necro or you're finding it in a locker or something, the item is unique to each player's screen. No idea if it's the same item or not.

Did some co-op earlier and we discovered something interesting with loot; it's kind of shared. Whether crap spills out of a dead necro or you're finding it in a locker or something, the item is unique to each player's screen. No idea if it's the same item or not.

Yep, the same item.

Not the same item. It is rolled independently based on the std need algorithm.

Ok, listen to him instead.

The exemption from items appearing separately seems to be for weapon parts. Those only need one player needs to pick up and you both get them (at least I think that's the case) in your inventory/bench.

It's a great way to avoid excessive micro management between the two players.

Toa TAK

Banned
Hey are there any cheat codes in this game like in Dead Space 1? That was awesome, this gen has almost nothing when it comes to cheat codes.

codecow

Yep, the same item. The exemption from items appearing separately seems to be for weapon parts. Those only one player needs to pick up and you both get them (at least I think that's still in) in your inventory/bench.

It's a great way to avoid excessive micro management between the two players.

Not the same item. It is rolled independently based on the std need algorithm.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Damn right.

Chapter 9 on my Dead Space 2 run. I don't want to do Hardcore yet. It's too soon after I just beat Zealot recently.

Hardcore was stressful! So awesome though. I would welcome an achievement like that in this game.

Should I even bother downloading the demo? My pre-order is paid off, and I know I'm on board anyway.

There hasn't been a Dead Space game yet that I didn't like. Out of the ones I played, I mean.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Should I even bother downloading the demo? My pre-order is paid off, and I know I'm on board anyway.

There hasn't been a Dead Space game yet that I didn't like. Out of the ones I played, I mean.

At this point, you don't really need to bother. It's just a hodgepodge of action segments, geared towards drawing in the crowd that wants that. If you like Dead Space, all you really need to know is that 3 is more Dead Space. If you're cool with that, you'll likely enjoy it.

My hype levels are off the charts. Kinda bummed I won't be able to finish up my refresher run of DS2, though. My Philosophy teacher will burn in hell for scheduling a huge test on Tuesday.

Top Bottom