• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition |OT| first real survival-horror for X360

Swittcher

Banned
getitoff.jpg

Or, it looks like he's turning tricks in a back-ally for two mutated hobos.

Swittcher said:
getitoff.jpg

If you unfocus your eyes, it looks like he's throwing up.

That's awesome.

It just made me think he was a. throwing back a cold one, or b. eating a sub sandwhich. or maybe its subconcious and I just want beer and sandwhich lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friend of mine was playing this last night and she was in party chat with me and a friend. I'd never heard of the game, so imagine my surprise when she said:

"I don't know what's going on. I touched something and now I see cowboys and cheeseburgers."

I cannot WAIT to check this out.

Sunflower said:
Friend of mine was playing this last night and she was in party chat with me and a friend. I'd never heard of the game, so imagine my surprise when she said:

"I don't know what's going on. I touched something and now I see cowboys and cheeseburgers."

I cannot WAIT to check this out.

Oh wow. I wonder wtf this is all about! lol I gotta make time to play it this weekend damn!!!! Well whoever said it has a SUDA 51 feeling earlier is definetly correct as well!

Takao

Banned
I was thinking the reason the PS3 version hasn't been released in North America yet is due to fears of reverse importation, since I'm almost certain Marvelous will charge (almost) full price for this in Japan. But if the 360 version is region-free that puts a dent in that theory, unless they assume the 360 version was only going to sell two copies in Japan anyways.

Sigh called Gamestop today and they just said "Nope...shoulda preordered you dipshit!"

Well fuck it guess I'll just sit on my hands until the Amazon order arrives in March(wtf)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This kinda looks like a PS2 game. :/

MiniDitka

slasher_thrasher21 said:
I agree with Mini here! I mean don't get me wrong, the game has some issues, especially since its a lower budget title, but its still a very cool unique/title and for being a low budget I feel like it aims to be a better lower budget title if that makes sense :D . First impressions make me think the game is fairly big. Will see as I get to play some more this weekend.

I'm not a huge fan of the aiming because it feels slow and then speeds up a bit the longer you move it in one direction, but the help of a lock on fixes this, though you get bonus points for headshots and since the enemies don't move insanely fast, that helps as well. Still creeps me out when the baddies shove their arms down your throat.Thats just straight up creepy.
Played the game around 7-8 hrs last night(caught my first fish) and it does seem like its going to be a big game with lots to do. Whats creepy to me is when they warp right to you and bend over :O Will have some more vids up today.

orion434

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Sigh called Gamestop today and they just said "Nope...shoulda preordered you dipshit!"

Well fuck it guess I'll just sit on my hands until the Amazon order arrives in March(wtf)

I had tried to pre-order this @ Gamestop and was told it wasn't on their list? I've been trying for the past 2 months...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
rayner said:
I had tried to pre-order this @ Gamestop and was told it wasn't on their list? I've been trying for the past 2 months...
Can't preorder games less than $20.
Stick to Amazon.

MiniDitka said:
Played the game around 7-8 hrs last night(caught my first fish) and it does seem like its going to be a big game with lots to do. Whats creepy to me is when they warp right to you and bend over :O Will have some more vids up today.

Wow you put in that much time already? How far do you think you are in the game? How many episodes did you complete? And yeah those enemies warping is creepy and somewhat tense. When there really close, the thought that runs through my mind is "Do I continue to shoot and hope to down one before it shoves its fist in my face?, or turn around and run and get more ground?" :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
randomwab said:
It's coming out on PS3 as well as 360 in Japan, under the title "Red Seeds Profile". Still no word on Europe. Either way, I wouldn't be suprised if we saw the PS3 version get a release in the US.
Don't be shocked if this is a PSN release in the states.

HiResDes

I kinda like my survival horrors unprettied and rough looking...The style reminds me of one all of my favorite survival horrors, especially Resident Evil: Code Veronica :D

MiniDitka

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Wow you put in that much time already? How far do you think you are in the game? How many episodes did you complete? And yeah those enemies warping is creepy and somewhat tense. When there really close, the thought that runs through my mind is "Do I continue to shoot and hope to down one before it shoves its fist in my face?, or turn around and run and get more ground?" :lol
Not sure how many episode, I'll have to go through my vids to find out because it doesn't give you a number when you complete an episode/chapter.
Just made it passed Greenvale Forrest Park where I interviewed the twins
and there seems like a lot left to do. I usually just keep unloading the lead on em' and hope for the best :lol

Ain't she a beauty!
uvs100219-009.jpg

MiniDitka

mjc said:
What are those icons running across the screen?
They determine what you get fishing. You press the a button while its scrolling and depending upon where it stops will get a fish,item or line break.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
first real survival-horror for X360

Condemned facepalming itself and very sad right now.

YoungHav said:
is this a 360 exclusive in NA?

yeah exclusive for 360 in US , and on PS3 and 360 in Japan , no word on Europe yet.

Someone correct me here but I believe Ignition is not a licensed publisher on PS3 , same thing happened with Way of Samurai 3 af first since UFO is not licensed on PS3 and was going to be exclusive on 360 in US but then Agetec got the PS3 version and published it.

Swittcher

Banned
Totobeni said:
yeah exclusive for 360 in US , and on PS3 and 360 in Japan , no word on Europe yet.

Someone correct me here but I believe Ignition is not a licensed publisher on PS3 , same thing happened with Way of Samurai 3 af first since UFO is not licensed on PS3 and was going to be exclusive on 360 in US but then Agetec got the PS3 version and published it.

They published KOFXII on the PS3.

Didn't work out too well though.

mjc

MiniDitka said:
They determine what you get fishing. You press the a button while its scrolling and depending upon where it stops will get a fish,item or line break.

What does the girl represent, a line break?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Swittcher said:
They published KOFXII on the PS3.

Didn't work out too well though.

thanks for the info , interesting , then I guess there is some sort of region exclusive " deal " ( like the Ghostbuster ) over this in the US , might be Microsoft wanted an exclusive Mystery crime game to go face to face with Heavy Rain in the same day.

MiniDitka said:
Not sure how many episode, I'll have to go through my vids to find out because it doesn't give you a number when you complete an episode/chapter.
Just made it passed Greenvale Forrest Park where I interviewed the twins
and there seems like a lot left to do. I usually just keep unloading the lead on em' and hope for the best :lol

Ain't she a beauty!
uvs100219-009.jpg

LMAO wow at this screen. This game is so damn odd! gotta love it!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I need a little help with the
Chess Puzzle
- I understand everything except the question. All of my logic isn't working on this puzzle. The internet has nothing out there. Can anyone help me out with the answers? I feel like such an idiot.

iammeiam

So I picked this up at Gamestop today--despite the website claiming there were no in-stock copies within 100 miles, the one GS I checked at random had at least two copies available.

Just beat the prologue and am loving it in the same way I loved Raw Danger--it's not exactly good as a game, but it's awesome as an experience. The enemies all sound like the vocal distortion was inspired by Home Alone 2, and the script is weird in a way that could be the translation, but could also just be the game itself.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
Totobeni said:
Condemned facepalming itself and very sad right now.

Ignition is a licensed publisher on PS3. they published King of Fighters XII on PS3 and 360

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kasumi1970 said:
Ignition is a licensed publisher on PS3. they published King of Fighters XII on PS3 and 360

lord Swittcher corrected me on that few hours ago , but thanks again I guess.

LordPhoque said:

I don't see where is the funny :(

it was the only reason I can think about for why this game went region-exclusive when Ignition is actually licensed on PS3 as well ( which mean there is exclusivity deal for this game ), other than Microsoft want a similar game and in the same day as the Sony's game.

Dogenzaka

Banned
The graphics are more horrifying than the game.

So is everyone enjoying this? I've never heard of it. It looks interesting.

iammeiam

Dogenzaka said:
The graphics are more horrifying than the game.

So is everyone enjoying this? I've never heard of it. It looks interesting.

Interesting is probably the best word. I mean, immediately after the prologue you wake up, go have breakfast, drink some apparently psychic coffee, witness the protagonist's horrific smile, then drive to the police station. The driving is weird because it pops up a screen full of control info (you can control your blinker, windshield wipers, etc, even though as far as I can tell you can't actually wreck the car and running head-on into another car doesn't do much other than make you stop...)

Then a prompt to press A to talk comes up (while alone in the car), and when I pressed it the main character went on this rambling tangent to his imaginary/invisible/I seriously have no idea what friend Zach about DVD bonus features, how it sucks that there are never any on movies from the 80s, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, the length of the unrated cut of said film vs the standard cut, and... yeah.

Controls are clunky, it's pretty prone to what amount to totally pointless quick time events, and nothing makes any sense, but it's actually kind of refreshing in a weird way. I'm not entirely convinced the game's going to pull off much horror in the survival horror arena, largely because the main character doesn't appear to think it's at all weird that he was attacked by teleporting shadow people with a tendency to try and cram their arms down his throat (instead he talks about what a nice place it is because nobody stole a car with the key left in it), but it's early yet.

They do appear to have just thrown a ton of ideas into it--aside from health/stamina, the game apparently tracks your hunger and tired rating. Degrading/breaking weapons, some indications that your wardrobe can go foul and need to be replaced, the aforementioned fishing game, there's apparently an art gallery in town, collectible in-game trading cards. All else aside, it's certainly not shaping up to be boring.

iammeiam said:
Interesting is probably the best word. I mean, immediately after the prologue you wake up, go have breakfast, drink some apparently psychic coffee, witness the protagonist's horrific smile, then drive to the police station. The driving is weird because it pops up a screen full of control info (you can control your blinker, windshield wipers, etc, even though as far as I can tell you can't actually wreck the car and running head-on into another car doesn't do much other than make you stop...)

Then a prompt to press A to talk comes up (while alone in the car), and when I pressed it the main character went on this rambling tangent to his imaginary/invisible/I seriously have no idea what friend Zach about DVD bonus features, how it sucks that there are never any on movies from the 80s, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, the length of the unrated cut of said film vs the standard cut, and... yeah.

Controls are clunky, it's pretty prone to what amount to totally pointless quick time events, and nothing makes any sense, but it's actually kind of refreshing in a weird way. I'm not entirely convinced the game's going to pull off much horror in the survival horror arena, largely because the main character doesn't appear to think it's at all weird that he was attacked by teleporting shadow people with a tendency to try and cram their arms down his throat (instead he talks about what a nice place it is because nobody stole a car with the key left in it), but it's early yet.

They do appear to have just thrown a ton of ideas into it--aside from health/stamina, the game apparently tracks your hunger and tired rating. Degrading/breaking weapons, some indications that your wardrobe can go foul and need to be replaced, the aforementioned fishing game, there's apparently an art gallery in town, collectible in-game trading cards. All else aside, it's certainly not shaping up to be boring.

This sounds like the greatest game ever.

For the love of God, someone find out if it is region free.

Top Bottom