• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool & Wolverine | Trailer

FunkMiller

Absolutely what I'd expect from a corporately mandated Disney Deadpool movie.

'Look! They swear! Isn't it hardcore?! Isn't it still so irreverent!'

'Will the story take the piss out of how bad the MCU has been for years now? Because that absolutely should be what this movie does?'

'Fuck no!'

This will be sanitised to the point of stupidity, but idiots will still lap it up because it has some fucks and some bad CGI blood spurts.

Let this stupid genre die already. It's had its day.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

'Will the story take the piss out of how bad the MCU has been for years now? Because that absolutely should be what this movie does?'

'Fuck no!'

This will be sanitised to the point of stupidity, but idiots will still lap it up because it has some fucks and some bad CGI blood spurts.

You must be fun at parties. LFG!

Toons

It's Deadpool, of course the swearing is gonna be blatant. Theres no subtlety about Deadpool, thats not his thing. Hes not mature, hes a 15 year old boys version of mature and always has been, so that doesnt bother me.

They are not showing off much of the plot which i think is a good thing, but this looks like a heck of a fun time for me. I love that Logan actually goes sleeveless.

And here I thought everyone liked a good cocaine joke
scratching chappelles show GIF

I'm less hyped now.

Saying 'Fuck' all the time, a good movie does not maketh.

It also just seems completely out of place in the MCU.

Not that they couldn't swear but the amount of F bombs dropped in the trailer was a major disappointment.

That's not what made the Deadpool movies good; it's because they were comic accurate and entertaining in comparison to what Fox had done previously with Marvel IP.

Really surprised Ryan Reynolds went that route.

peish

Looks by the numbers MCU.....i was never a fan of DP1 and 2, they were something different using 'violence and R-ratings', but it got tiring on rewatch

ManaByte

They are not showing off much of the plot which i think is a good thing, but this looks like a heck of a fun time for me. I love that Logan actually goes sleeveless.
Apparently most of the movie takes place in the Void from Loki.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Looks alright. Is the second movie worth watching?
Yeah it's pretty good and has a handful of pretty funny moments.

I'll probably watch this new one, too. Doubt I'll see it in theaters, but there are always a bunch of parts in these movies that make me laugh.

CGNoire

I noticed that everyone from James Gunn, various Marvel Studios projects execs and writers, and those on television shows like Doom Patrol want to use Grant Morrison's ideas and the characters he created for DC and Marvel, and yet no one seems willing to make a live action All Star Superman or even an animated adaptation of something like WE3 or Seaguy. Morrison is probably the most imaginative comic creator of the last twenty-five years, and yet studios would rather adapt crap from creators like Mark Millar instead.

Well, at least studios invest in Neil Gaiman stuff I suppose. Consolation prize for fans of mainstream comics that depart from the beaten path.
Id kill for a WE3 film.

JayK47

Half the trailer is Dead Pool fighting Wolverine. I hope there is more to it. Not excited for anything related to Disney. I will wait for The Critical Drinkers review.

ManaByte

Half the trailer is Dead Pool fighting Wolverine. I hope there is more to it. Not excited for anything related to Disney. I will wait for The Critical Drinkers review.
They literally just put out the best X-Men content in 25 years.

Last edited:

The Skull

At the very least it'll be fun. Hoping there's a bit more substance based on this wolverines world going to shit and Deadpool about to lose his it seems?

ManaByte

At the very least it'll be fun. Hoping there's a bit more substance based on this wolverines world going to shit and Deadpool about to lose his it seems?
The movie introduces the Anchor concept from Hickman’s Secret Wars. Instead of each universe having a piece of Molecule
Man as an Anchor, there’s a character in each universe that’s the Anchor to the universe and if they die the universe starts to unravel and is destroyed.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm almost done with Marvel movies, but I'll give this a go. It looks like they're saving a lot of surprises.

Something feels off, everything looks like it's a movie set, which of course it is, but it shouldn't look like a movie set should it?

I'm in just for the Daniel Radcliffe and Taylor Swift cameo.

NickFire

I'm almost done with Marvel movies, but I'll give this a go. It looks like they're saving a lot of surprises.
I am way past being done with Marvel movies / shows. But only in the sense that I don't feel obligated to watch something just because it ties into that universe any longer, and I skip almost everything they put out now. On the other hand, if something specific looks promising I will still check it out. And this does looks very promising to me as a one off summer blockbuster.

Nydius

Still taking shots at old Fox, I see.

I enjoyed the first two Deadpool movies but I’ll wait to rent this later. Ryan Reynolds has become predictable in this role, and having it coincide with the writers strike where he had to stick solely to the script and not ad-lib… I have a feeling this’ll be the weakest of the Deadpool movies despite having Wolverine.

1kLumlt.jpeg

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The movie introduces the Anchor concept from Hickman’s Secret Wars. Instead of each universe having a piece of Molecule
Man as an Anchor, there’s a character in each universe that’s the Anchor to the universe and if they die the universe starts to unravel and is destroyed.

That's weird. So if say Peter Parker is the anchor for the MCU proper, what if he dies of old age? The universe just goes kaput?

Pagusas

Elden Member
Still taking shots at old Fox, I see.

I enjoyed the first two Deadpool movies but I’ll wait to rent this later. Ryan Reynolds has become predictable in this role, and having it coincide with the writers strike where he had to stick solely to the script and not ad-lib… I have a feeling this’ll be the weakest of the Deadpool movies despite having Wolverine.

1kLumlt.jpeg
wait why would he not be allowed to ad-lib?

ManaByte

This article goes over it, but it is a bit convoluted:
That’s not what that meant. Typical clickbait. Since he is involved with the script he couldn’t adlib during the strike as that would be considered writing.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
That’s not what that meant. Typical clickbait. Since he is involved with the script he couldn’t adlib during the strike as that would be considered writing.
?
That's exactly what is said in the article:
Meanwhile, actors are still allowed to ad-lib spontaneous dialogue while filming—and on some productions, studio bosses are likely hoping that actors will pick up the slack from striking writers. But if those actors are WGA members with a writing credit, they face more scrutiny about following the strike guidelines; an issue that improv-centric comedies struggled with during the last strike.

JeTmAn81

Dropping so many F-bombs in the trailer is so try hard.
Yea I agree. Deadpool works very well as a hard R comedy in every sense, but random imposition of the F-word does not actually improve any given sentence.

It reminds me of how streaming shows have drifted towards heavier profanity and nudity. Their ubiquity makes these elements less striking and diminishes their appeal.

There's a rhythm to these things. Quentin Tarantino knows how to turn profane dialogue into art.

nush

Yea I agree. Deadpool works very well as a hard R comedy in every sense, but random imposition of the F-word does not actually improve any given sentence.

It reminds me of how streaming shows have drifted towards heavier profanity and nudity. Their ubiquity makes these elements less striking and diminishes their appeal.

There's a rhythm to these things. Quentin Tarantino knows how to turn profane dialogue into art.

It just comes across like a "mature" videogame Just have the character swear a lot, show lot's of blood and sex. When movies were restricted in how many f-bombs they could use, they made them count. Your Tarantino example is perfect.

'Fuck no!'

I mean, that’s been Deadpool’s shtick the whole time.

Top Bottom