• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Comic |OT| Apocalypse NOW - Time Enough At Last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have plenty of taste so slap away. Sentry killed carnage!. plus his character arc in secret avengers was great.

amazing spiderman 699 preview

Next week is stacked marvel wise

Avengers
Hawkguy
gabrial del otto on avenging spidey
all new xmen
x-factor

JEKKI

whoo new thread! gonna pick up sum trades this weekend:

Saga, Manhattan Projects, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, & Suicide Squad

all things ppl in this thread have recommended or said good things about!

(except Suicide Squad... that's one that I jus want)

just over here bringing it to the Hulk

20.jpg

Sentry sucked

It would have been great if Mehvel could have made him more than the posterchild for every Linkin Park listening "meh" generation ninny.

His inability to have any sort of personality and constant whinging just made him insufferable.

In a fictional universe filled with some many wildly charismatic personalities, Sentry was the worst. Doom you can get behind. Cap you can get behind. Spidey you can root for.

At least Thanos had his combine tier 402 page thread non-girl getting antics to give him something resembling a personality.

Sentry was a shitty Lenny from Of Mice and Men, with no George to offset his stupid.

ill admit sentry had some wasted potential. superman with his worst enemy inside his head should have been better than it was. he still had his moments.

also the x-factor preview is interesting

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I guess a community thread isn't as popular as I thought.

At the very least we should add spoiler rules to the new OP's.

Spoilers are kinda hard. Marvel is all too happy to spoil everything they're doing for the next year 99% of the time but if you have an idea go ahead and spill it.

Preview pages? Spoiler?
Solicits? Spoiler?
Speculation? Spoiler?

I'm normally ok with solicits and previews, linked if they are lettered, or posted in the thread if they are just to show off art.

Only thing that got bad enough for me to avoid the comic thread was all the stuff leading up to ASM. Slott, while being a provocative little bitch, was still trying real hard to make sure ASM 698 didn't get spoiled yet there was so much rampant speculation and "leaked" nonsense in spoiler tags the November thread was like walking through a minefield.

It would have been great if Mehvel could have made him more than the posterchild for every Linkin Park listening "meh" generation ninny.

His inability to have any sort of personality and constant whinging just made him insufferable.

In a fictional universe filled with some many wildly charismatic personalities, Sentry was the worst. Doom you can get behind. Cap you can get behind. Spidey you can root for.

At least Thanos had his combine tier 402 page thread non-girl getting antics to give him something resembling a personality.

Sentry was a shitty Lenny from Of Mice and Men, with no George to offset his stupid.

1. Dope OT, you have outdone yourself.

2. I agree completely.

Mehvel was trying to be funny and troll Superman, and the fans fell for it; but you know if they ever scrapped Superman would just offer to help that horribly broken social retard because that's how his parents raised him. :3

You know, the original mini was a solid story. Fuck whomever thought it wise to bring him into the full Marvel U.

all im saying is that at least sentry did not walk across america :p

No amount of bad Superman stories can even come close to the wasted pages I've read of the shitstain named Sentry. You should hate yourself for falling for such lightweight and frankly embarrassing character misusage born of jealousy of not having the Originator. Shame.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Marvel needs to get their shit together and put the blue marvel on a damn team. He beat king Hyperion and he still gets no love

Spoilers are kinda hard. Marvel is all too happy to spoil everything they're doing for the next year 99% of the time but if you have an idea go ahead and spill it.

Preview pages? Spoiler?
Solicits? Spoiler?
Speculation? Spoiler?

I'm normally ok with solicits and previews, linked if they are lettered, or posted in the thread if they are just to show off art.

Only thing that got bad enough for me to avoid the comic thread was all the stuff leading up to ASM. Slott, while being a provocative little bitch, was still trying real hard to make sure ASM 698 didn't get spoiled yet there was so much rampant speculation and "leaked" nonsense in spoiler tags the November thread was like walking through a minefield.

Spoiler rules shouldn't be that hard, just spoiler tag things that make sense. Just try to make the best judgement for your fellow members.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
If the issue hasn't dropped yet, put it spoiler tags or provide a link to the website. It should be really simple.

anyway, before Hickman's epic starts, i want to read some stuff about the characters that we know will be in it.

i know a lot of the bigger names but so far on my list:
Spider-Woman: Origin 1-5 (Bendis)
Black Widow 1-5 (Liu)

any other recs for minis that would help put in context some of the lesser known characters?

I don't get the point of creating a character only to abandon it. Hell alpha is in more shit than he is

Jesus - they didn't even make it a full six issues of his six issue series. :|

I meant to check this out when I have MDCU earlier in the year, but I don't think it was online.

Time to add it to the shopping list.

If the issue hasn't dropped yet, put it spoiler tags or provide a link to the website. It should be really simple.

anyway, before Hickman's epic starts, i want to read some stuff about the characters that we know will be in it.

i know a lot of the bigger names but so far on my list:
Spider-Woman: Origin 1-5 (Bendis)
Black Widow 1-5 (Liu)

any other recs for minis that would help put in context some of the lesser known characters?

Supreme Power vol 2 for Hyperion.

300px-Supreme_Power_Vol_2_1.jpg

iv always been meaning to read JMS's run. i heard good things about it.

So Comixology are having a Fantastic Friday sale, themed around our favourite family of superheroes, the Fantastic Four. I want to read Hickman's run, but I noticed that only his first sixteen issues of FF are available for sale. Knowing that it's probably best reading alongside/concurrently with his Fantastic Four run, is it still worth buying all sixteen issues if I won't be reading them until I have his Fantastic Four run?

Kizer

So Comixology are having a Fantastic Friday sale, themed around our favourite family of superheroes, the Fantastic Four. I want to read Hickman's run, but I noticed that only his first sixteen issues of FF are available for sale. Knowing that it's probably best reading alongside/concurrently with his Fantastic Four run, is it still worth buying all sixteen issues if I won't be reading them until I have his Fantastic Four run?

I think you should. Even if you mean to hold them till later, if the sale is good the sale is good.

Owzers

the only spoilers should be comics that week. sunday should be good for unmarked spoilers. i dont mind previews or solicts

O_________O

Over my cold dead typing fingers. People who get monthly comic shipments from dcbs have souls too, souls that don't want to read unmarked spoilers and still stay on Comics GAF.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
ALMOST did a spit take all over my new monitor. Good thing I swallowed instead.

http://i.imgur.com/JEnbT.jpg[IMG]

[url=http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=14404]Source[/url][/QUOTE]

I lol'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom