• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Comic |OT| Apocalypse NOW - Time Enough At Last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So that Comixology FF sale. I haven't read any of the that Hickman run. I did pick up both the new Matt Fraction books (FF and Fantastic Four) and loved them. FF more than Fantastic Four.

I think I know the answer to this already, but $15.84 for the Hickman run should be an insta-buy, right?

It's only part of Hickman's run, and shouldn't be read until you read (all by Hickman):

Dark Reign mini series
Fantastic Four 570-600
FF 1-16 (this is on sale)
then alternate Fantastic Four & FF (F4 601, FF 17, F4 602, FF 18, etc...) until FF 23.

but you should buy Hickman's FF now and save it for later.

JEKKI

So that Comixology FF sale. I haven't read any of the that Hickman run. I did pick up both the new Matt Fraction books (FF and Fantastic Four) and loved them. FF more than Fantastic Four.

I think I know the answer to this already, but $15.84 for the Hickman run should be an insta-buy, right?
I was also gonna buy the trade for Millar's World's Greatest arc (he preceded Hickman's run), but I'm lucky coz those issues just also happen to be on sale!

issues 554-561 + the first 16 FF's is a good way to start the month

How shitty would it be if I weren't joking?

iwtamWHaZC8DS.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Haha, I guess that was mean. I shouldn't even have brought it up. Ramos brings out my hater tourette's, I just can't fucking help myself.

tim1138

There was just an interview with Francis Manapul on CBR a few weeks ago about them bringing Reverse Flash back around issue 18 or so. Manapul is taking a few issues off after the current arc ends and then before the Reverse Flash arc starts, so maybe Brian Buccellato is leaving Flash? I typically don't trust 90% of Rich's ramblings anyway, anyone else remember how convinced he was Johns was leaving Aquaman?

There was just an interview with Francis Manapul on CBR a few weeks ago about them bringing Reverse Flash back around issue 18 or so. Manapul is taking a few issues off after the current arc ends and then before the Reverse Flash arc starts, so maybe Brian Buccellato is leaving Flash? I typically don't trust 90% of Rich's ramblings anyway, anyone else remember how convinced he was Johns was leaving Aquaman?

Like I said, grain of salt, but he gets enough of this stuff right (Snyder/Lee Superman, Diggle Action Comics, Cornell leaving Demon Knights and going back to Marvel, many of the Marvel NOW! writers) that there's probably some truth there.

It's only part of Hickman's run, and shouldn't be read until you read (all by Hickman):

Dark Reign mini series
Fantastic Four 570-600
FF 1-16 (this is on sale)
then alternate Fantastic Four & FF (F4 601, FF 17, F4 602, FF 18, etc...) until FF 23.

but you should buy Hickman's FF now and save it for later.

That sounds expensive, but probably worthwhile. Will it not make sense if I just dive in? I haven't read a FF story in forever...years.

That sounds expensive, but probably worthwhile. Will it not make sense if I just dive in? I haven't read a FF story in forever...years.

I would just wait for some kind of Omnibus collection, the Invincible Iron Man Omnibus are being collected in volumes and I believe this will be a continued format for future releases.

Also, yes this is the FF story to read, Hickman does a great job explaining everything you need to enjoy it.

tim1138

Like I said, grain of salt, but he gets enough of this stuff right (Snyder/Lee Superman, Diggle Action Comics, Cornell leaving Demon Knights and going back to Marvel, many of the Marvel NOW! writers) that there's probably some truth there.

I kind of think Liefeld was his old source for DC stuff--a lot of the stuff he hit on seemed to have gone down with Liefeld was there or he could have known about prior to his flame out. Since Liefeld left, this may be Rich's first big DC "scoop."

The only thing that bugged me about All-New X-Men #2?

This. I hope there's a better explanation, for how a neophyte telepath who JUST discovered she can read minds is able to bypass the psychic defenses of a guy whose mind is supposed to be full of blocks and traps put there by the most experienced telepaths around, than "because it's funny."

Other than that I thought this was even better than #1.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
As someone who does have a lot of affection for Batman Beyond, this is the wrongest post ever posted.

I dunno, old man Bruce is about to go to town on the Joker King while in liver failure. You are probably right though.

This. I hope there's a better explanation, for how a neophyte telepath who JUST discovered she can read minds is able to bypass the psychic defenses of a guy whose mind is supposed to be full of blocks and traps put there by the most experienced telepaths around, than "because it's funny."

Pretty much, it was a funny scene though. I hope he can keep the quality up once Uncanny hits.

I saw this as Bendis keeping the book light hearted and the artwork has been amazing. I hope Bendis can keep up.

So yeah. . .

That My Little Pony.

Lost me after just a few pages.

I don't get it. This feels like Nick Spencer writing Yotsuba.

Granted, we need to justify $4 funnybooks; but really - so many words?

Make with the funny!

Anywho. . .

Erik Larsen whining on Twitter today. I don't know why neogaf doesn't read Savage Dragon, he's the ideal neogaf poster. Hard left leaning, crying about his atheism online, and generally being a pair of clown shoes.

But hey guys, he bought Ant and is going to bring her back.

LOLOLOLarsen

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Its wolverine. They apply overpower logic when he has to lose, like magically coming to a draw with a fistfight with a human. He's marvels tank. When you want something to look powerful, you show wolverine being hit by it

as much shit as he gets he si right more often than not

Johnson is just envious of Brahfeld's Image stacks.

He's got to peddle middling tier Avatar books and hang out with chubby effete comic shop dudes in skinny pants, and frosted tips like it's 1997.

Heroes Con is where I saw these assclowns.

I couldn't believe they made fatboy skinny pants.

All over Steve Niles balls at that panel.

Parallax

He's got to peddle middling tier Avatar books and hang out with chubby effete comic shop dudes in skinny pants.

Fat skinny jeans? But why?

ElNarez

Banned
The thing with DC rumors is that at this point you could make up almost anything and run it as a headline if it sounds plausible enough.

Fat skinny jeans? But why?

To be fashionable?

This is why I don't wear anything that advertises.

If you don't wear it well, you just make yourself a target.

Or you're the overly affected modern dudes crowing over where you got that hat, styling your hair, and your anti-slave trade ear piercings.

I don't care how unemployable you want to make yourself. Just stop blocking the condiment bar at the coffee shop, blocking exits and entrances, and generally parking your asses in an already crowded area to have your Barbie girl discussions. >:|

Nesotenso

He's got to peddle middling tier Avatar books and hang out with chubby effete comic shop dudes in skinny pants, and frosted tips like it's 1997.

not even middling

I'm really enjoying Dan the Unharmable. :\

I just don't much care for the Avatar line. They mostly sell based on the name of the writers, art is usually pretty booty.

I should try getting on an Avatar book. I've drawn lots of penises in the past.

Owzers

I enjoyed Rocafort's art and the story was mostly harmless.

I don't see why not.

Your quotes will not be used for the back of the trade. I'm leaning towards getting Mirage though.

Unrelated note, Dark Horse App store thing store website has all of Hellboy for $100. That's kind of a good deal? Kind of. I'd still go the Library Edition route. It's more money but PHYSICAL and oversized.

Parallax

I'm really enjoying Dan the Unharmable. :

I just don't much care for the Avatar line. They mostly sell based on the name of the writers, art is usually pretty booty.

I should try getting on an Avatar book. I've drawn lots of penises in the past.

Expect to draw Millar esque cock twists

Owzers

i regret not getting an ipad with larger storage...hopefully comixology can shrink the file sizes for hd comic in the future, i shall not be able to store a bunch as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom