• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Silver announcing two new games at E3

Volition bringing you:

FreeSpace 3 with VR-support!

cryingojkam.gif

November Seventh of Twothousand NEEEEVER.

Melchiah

My mistake.

Dying Light is being published by Warner Bros. I was somehow under the impression Deep Silver was publishing that.

So yeah, a new Dead Island *is* possible.

Oh, we might be getting Dying Light and new Dead Island? I'm all for getting more of something I've liked. Although, wouldn't Dead Island be developed by someone else?

Lijik

One is going to be a game called Saints Row Pleads The Fifth and they will say nothing else about it at E3.

sunnz

SR: PLEASE GO BACK TO SR2 style, fuck the cartoon graphic style and OTT SR3/IV style of game.

Just my opinion.

fred

I'd love to hear about a sequel to Cursed Mountain myself but it's not going to happen. :eek:(

The game was fantastic, the only problem with it was the graphic showing you how the motion controls worked was poorly designed so plenty of people thought the controls were broken. Once you worked out how they worked the game was brilliant. One of the best survival horror games released last generation imo.

Filaipus

Banned
Would be cool if it was actually new IP. But doubt it, since they do actually have great IP that can go in a lot of directions.

18-Volt

How about a Saints Row Vita? I hope Deep Silver is nothing like THQ and make handheld Saints row games without cancelling. Or not...

Ploid 3.0

Please please please be Saints Row.

PLEASE!!

Edit: Next gen only. Which obviously includes PC with superior PC support (modding, graphic features, etc.).

Muzzy

Can't say I've heard of them. Have they said anything about their plans for the IP?

A few months ago they were still figuring out. They don't have internal studios nor the means for AAA sequels. They said what the community think is important and they could consider a publishing partnership (for Darksiders IIRC).

The latest news we got regarding these IPs was the release of collections for both series on PS3/PC.

Maligna

Banned
Here's hoping they reboot Saints Row. That is unless they really think they can make the
time travel
thing work.

sunnz

Well dyling light was delayed to make it less like dead island...

Maybe that is because dead island 2 is being made?

Replaying Saints Row 4 now, don't see why it gets so much hate. I love how ridiculous it is, it's packed with content, and it has lots of throwbacks to earlier games.

That said I can't imagine where they'd take the story from there, so I can only see a reboot coming. Just don't lose the silly.

jond76

Banned
Well dyling light was delayed to make it less like dead island...

Maybe that is because dead island 2 is being made?

I would hope it would be Dead Continent. Or at least make the island Manhattan. I'm ready for full zombified metropolitan cities, new Gen!

That's like saying Microsoft won't be doing any more Halo games because Destiny looks very similar.

Oh so Dead Island sells millions? I don't think riptide did very well and Techland is obviously trying to both evolve and depart from the series via Dying Light.

Also: Bungee isn't developing a new Halo and Destiny simultaneously. They don't even make Halo games anymore...

crazypills.gif

Xyrmellon

Saints Row 4 was originally supposed to be an expansion to the third, so 5 has probably been in development in some stage for a while.

Oh so Dead Island sells millions? I don't think riptide did very well and Techland is obviously trying to both evolve and depart from the series via Dying Light.

Also: Bungee isn't developing a new Halo and Destiny simultaneously. They don't even make Halo games anymore...

crazypills.gif

Yes, the first Dead Island sold over 5 million copies which is a massive amount for a new IP from a mid-sized publisher and developer. Riptide was obviously less successful, but it was clearly a cash-grab released at a reduced price. And what makes you think it would be Techland developing a new Dead Island? It seems pretty obvious to me that Techland decided they wanted to work on their own IP, so they started developing Dying Light and got a contract with Warner. Deep Silver will find a new developer for the next Dead Island, and the release of these two games have nothing to do with one another.

Yes, the first Dead Island sold over 5 million copies which is a massive amount for a new IP from a mid-sized publisher and developer. Riptide was obviously less successful, but it was clearly a cash-grab released at a reduced price. And what makes you think it would be Techland developing a new Dead Island? It seems pretty obvious to me that Techland decided they wanted to work on their own IP, so they started developing Dying Light and got a contract with Warner. Deep Silver will find a new developer for the next Dead Island, and the release of these two games have nothing to do with one another.

There's also Hell Raid...

Rosur

I reckon Saints Row 5/reboot and hopefully Darksiders 3 as they own that ip now. I don't see why it would be dead island 2 considering there working on a moba in that ip...

Though wouldn't mind seeing a next gen version of all the saints row games but that isn't new.

Top Bottom